TN TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we all think she had only one pair of shoes? How do we know "her shoes" were missing? Maybe she just wore another pair?
As much as shoes cost, especially tennis shoes.. or boots ... I would expect her mother to know exactly what shoes are missing and to have some idea what clothes were missing. Maybe not immediately but after two weeks, I could tell you what clothing items were missing because I buy them.

I think the timing of the pings, around the same time mom and/or sister found her missing, corresponds. They might have texted her or tried to call once realizing she was gone.
That's what I would do after I checked to see the location setting of her phone(s). If they have this feature set up, they know a lot more than they have said IMO. I can literally watch people move from place to place with mine.

As much as shoes cost, especially tennis shoes.. or boots ... I would expect her mother to know exactly what shoes are missing and to have some idea what clothes were missing. Maybe not immediately but after two weeks, I could tell you what clothing items were missing because I buy them.
And check to see if the clothes she was wearing when she went to bed at 11pm the night before are missing. Of course, she could have already been in pajamas by then.

Perhaps she was still dressed and remained so in bed until she left, that is if she knew this was going to happen. Not saying she did, but if she did, she would be ready for it.

That's what I would do after I checked to see the location setting of her phone(s). If they have this feature set up, they know a lot more than they have said IMO. I can literally watch people move from place to place with mine.
And there is always Find My Phone, though she would need to have a computer or a link to Mom's cell for example. And the phone would need to be on.

Statements from the 1/25 press conference regarding abduction/runaway:

REPORTER: Are you able to look into or, I don't know the correct terminology, but go through the actions or messages that she sent prior to her missing?
FILLYAW: We've already reached out to all the cellular phone carriers and social media outlets and have produced in excess of 2,000 pages of reporting. Myself, the Federal Bureau of Investigation Knoxville office and the TBI have gone through each and every page of that reporting and there has been nothing in any of that reporting that led us to believe that she intended to run away or was speaking with anybody that would try to abduct her. So at this point, she's, this is, this is a missing person’s case.

REPORTER: Nothing shows that she ran away?
FILLYAW: We're not sure of that at this point and that's also some of the information that we're not at liberty to release at this point. We just know that her mother, Christina, went into her bedroom about 4:30 in the morning of the 14th and she was gone. And, she checked the house and did not locate her. Mr. Pruitt went out and checked the farm and didn't find her anywhere on the farm and they notified law enforcement immediately.

REPORTER: Abduction or runaway?
FILLYAW: Well like I said, I don't want to really say whether it was abduction or runaway at this point just in case some of these, any of these suspects do pan out.

REPORTER: So, it's a missing person (crosstalk)?
FILLYAW: At this point it's being treated as a missing juvenile, yes.
REPORTER: But those other options are not ruled out until you guys get finished?
FILLYAW: Exactly. Exactly, yes. You know, we're not willing to say either way until the investigation is complete and we find her.

Source: Video and transcript previously linked

Thank you! You're the best. Now I got it straight!

The bed sheets being taken with her....not only could be used to bundle up her clothing, but also to hide under as the vehicle she was in passed possible working cameras.
I thought that ... she bundled her clothes up in that sheet!
But would a 14 year old even consider the cameras that might be taking her picture?
As crazy as it sounds ... I’m still hoping she’s a runaway with a young boy ... safe and just fleeing the restrictions/rules of the home.

The early comment about her possibly being a runaway bothers me - curious if a parent would suspect this rather than abduction right away? And if a runaway, why not go out the front door (unless it is alarmed in which case the window might also be) - the taking of both phones could be a clue - perhaps in the time she was reported missing early on the 13th (after going to bed around 11 on the 12th) she had the phones but not the chargers and they simply ran out of battery power on the 15th or were discovered and shut off? Curious about the reporting of the KY ping as well. so many questions JMO

Investigators searching for teen who vanished from home weeks ago

When I used to sneak out, walking through the house and opening doors made noise. So it may have been less noisy to go out the window.

I thought that ... she bundled her clothes up in that sheet!
But would a 14 year old even consider the cameras that might be taking her picture?
As crazy as it sounds ... I’m still hoping she’s a runaway with a young boy ... safe and just fleeing the restrictions/rules of the home.
If not Savannah, maybe whoever she's with would think about the cameras. But I think a 14 year old very well might too.

The phone pings were 130 miles north of her home. Now at this point she could be anywhere in the country but wherever the phones were going they certainly went north at first.

Looking at the map, once you go north into Kentucky, one would have to go immediately west to get into Missouri (if I saw that correctly, it may need a double check but iirc there’s a small area of Missouri which borders Kentucky. Sorry if this is a brainfart post.

After reading more I have another thing that really is bothering me....Why did they get up so early in the morning? 4:30a.m/5:00 a.m seems really early to me if you are homeschooled. Even if living on a farm with animals during this time of year people wouldn't be going outside to tend to farm animals in the dark. We had roosters when I was younger and they didn't even start making noise until the sun started coming up. I mean I get up at 5:30 a.m pretty much daily but not by choice. I just can't sleep but my daughter would sleep until noon everyday. I just don't get the early morning wake-up time. Also does anyone know if LE checked both sides of her mattress? I just can't get past the missing bed sheets and the early morning hour.

Sheets are often used to descend from a window when sneaking out. Tie them together and voilà, a rope. My brothers used to do this on me when I was babysitting and I never knew they were out of the house.

Was the window high enough off the ground that she would have needed a way down?

You used to sneak out? ;)

(Yep. I know this may come as a big surprise to all of you, NOT haha! Yes, all the time, to go to parties and dance clubs.)

But yes, when the whole house is silent and you’re trying to tiptoe lightly it’s like “creak, creak..”, even the slightest noise seems amplified.

ETA: My poor folks, I really put them through the ringer :(

Last edited:
After reading more I have another thing that really is bothering me....Why did they get up so early in the morning? 4:30a.m/5:00 a.m seems really early to me if you are homeschooled. Even if living on a farm with animals during this time of year people wouldn't be going outside to tend to farm animals in the dark. We had roosters when I was younger and they didn't even start making noise until the sun started coming up. I mean I get up at 5:30 a.m pretty much daily but not by choice. I just can't sleep but my daughter would sleep until noon everyday. I just don't get the early morning wake-up time. Also does anyone know if LE checked both sides of her mattress? I just can't get past the missing bed sheets and the early morning hour.
Even though they are home schooled at least one of the parents would have had to work. They may have had to get up early and complete the farm chores while both parents were home to assist. Just trying to come up with an explanation. Then again, my 9 year old son gets up regularly around 4 to play Fortnight.

I used to go out the window as well when I was a teenager but I wasn't leaving my house. I would just go outside to smoke. Going out a door would make too much noise and could have woke my parents up.
When I used to sneak out, walking through the house and opening doors made noise. So it may have been less noisy to go out the window.

They didn't say. Maybe her younger sibling woke up cold and felt the draft and went to investigate where it was coming from - and found her window was open and she wasn't in the room. Just a thought.

When I heard of the phone ping in Corbin/London area, I wondered if an OTR trucker might be involved. Just a thought that drifted in & out of my brain.
They could very well suspect that but they aren’t telling us that ... the last ping seems to say that is exactly what happened.
I keep going by their expressions - deep pain in Dads eye - <modsnipped sleuthing family> This would explain what I perceive as Mom’s anger - (hard set to jaw) as well. Betrayal by someone they knew but LE insisting they remain quiet while investigating???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member