AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The family has lived there since the children were born (I think). So the neibours will know them, the kids will have local friends. They maybe church going people and only spend time with the same...but not all church going people are angels. Someone could have been stalking the kids for ages..just waiting for that moment of opportunity....moo

Timeline: The Search for Summer Wells
Updated: 19 minutes ago

IdeITOv-

ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - The disappearance of Summer Wells, the 5-year-old Hawkins County girl at the center of a Tennessee AMBER Alert has captured the attention of thousands across the region. Below is a timeline of the case.

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued an Endangered Child Alert for missing Summer Moon-Utah Wells. Her family reported last seeing the 5-year-old around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, grey shorts and she was possibly barefoot when she went missing.

A detailed timeline from June 15, 2021 to June 20, 2021 3:20 pm

E3-ZWK5XoAIoapw

Timeline of Summer Wells case (WVLTtv)

Timeline of the search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
(WJHL)

Last edited:
Timeline: The Search for Summer Wells
Updated: 19 minutes ago

IdeITOv-

Tuesday, June 15, 2021

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued an Endangered Child Alert for missing Summer Moon-Utah Wells. Her family reported last seeing the 5-year-old around 6:30 p.m. Tuesday. She was last seen wearing a pink shirt, grey shorts and she was possibly barefoot when she went missing.

Timeline of Summer Wells case

I still wonder what the new information was that caused them to upgrade from the endangered alert to amber alert. :oops:

The family has lived there since the children were born (I think). So the neibours will know them, the kids will have local friends. They maybe church going people and only spend time with the same...but not all church going people are angels. Someone could have been stalking the kids for ages..just waiting for that moment of opportunity....moo

I totally agree! We know some predators hide in the religious costume to gain trust and access- plus that would explain why Summer didn’t scream if she believed she could trust the person.
I was also thinking if they did go swimming earlier maybe someone followed them back and waited for an opportunity to grab her. Hopefully anyone at or near the swimming hole (if they did indeed go swimming) is being investigated.

Has there been any mention of a reward for info? I’m not sure how often these rewards bring in good info? I haven’t seen anything on one though. <modsnip>. I would assume communities sometimes donate a reward fund.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Law enforcement agencies are able to put up a reward. FBI is one of them. Governor is another. I don't know about the rest.
I wouldn't expect that yet as they are still searching?

a video of Summer her father asked to be posted by a reporter. Bless her heart.

from the post “
SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Summer’s Dad asked me to share this video of her. He says she is very loving, always happy, and loves her Barbie dolls.

The TBI has received 137 tips as of Sunday afternoon but there is still no sign of her.

Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with any credible information.

Found a photo of Summer on Texas Equusearch midwest home page. The feed only says what we already know..that they have been requested and were sending help for 8am this morning.

Last edited:
a video of Summer her father asked to be posted by a reporter. Bless her heart.

from the post “
SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Summer’s Dad asked me to share this video of her. He says she is very loving, always happy, and loves her Barbie dolls.

The TBI has received 137 tips as of Sunday afternoon but there is still no sign of her.

Call 1-800-TBI-FIND with any credible information.

She appears to be a free spirited young country gal that enjoys playing outdoors and literally dances in the rain. <heart emoji would go here>

UPDATE:

On June 20, 2021, search and rescue efforts for missing 5 year old, Summer Wells, continued throughout the day. A total of 35 agencies from Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Alabama, North Carolina and Georgia assisted in today’s search efforts. Numerous specialized search and rescue groups and K9 teams were represented from these agencies. To date, we estimate approximately 2,400 acres have been searched since Tuesday night. The rugged mountainous terrain continues to cause problems and slow the search operations at times. The search will continue Monday morning. An updated release will be issued as new information becomes available. If anyone has information please call 1-800-TBI-FIND

Wow, 2400 acres :oops:

I can tell you that with no evidence whatsoever that she wandered off the focus will turn more and more to foul play.
People will be interviewed again and investigators will look for inconsistencies.
The family is said to be cooperating.
But authorities say everyone is considered a “person of interest.” from update by Nick 2 hours ago.

The language can be confusing. Is he saying that because despite a massive ground search which has yielded nothing that it would organically make an abduction possible? Or does he have inside info that this is the status of the investigation and focus.
He doesn't rule out other forms of foul play and says everyone is a person of interest, none ruled out. <modsnip: Not victim friendly>

Last edited by a moderator:
Referring back to this article posted by Trebor (thanks!)

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

Excerpt:

Donald Wells: “Her mom came in and said where’s Summer? She’s downstairs playing with her toys. She (Candus) hollered for her, and there was no answer. She went downstairs and (Summer) was nowhere to be found. She went out the basement door. The door was unlocked.

Am not very happy to nitpick the family statements, particularly as this one is not first-hand observation and always bearing in mind the stress involved.

When DW says “She went out the basement door.” Is he referring to his wife or to Summer? That is not clear to me.

Equally when he says “The door was unlocked” does that imply that the door would normally be locked and it was unusual that it wasn’t at this time? Or that the door was easily accessible because it was kept unlocked?

Hard to tell.

It has been very interesting to read the posts from members in the region as regards access, hearing cars, dogs etc. Dad says there are druggies in the woods, another poster alerted to the woods being occupied by homeless people.

All kids were under 13

What would this kind of situation mean in practical terms of kids playing outside, locking your doors during day or night?

UPDATE:

On June 20, 2021, search and rescue efforts for missing 5 year old, Summer Wells, continued throughout the day. A total of 35 agencies from Tennessee, Ohio, Virginia, Alabama, North Carolina and Georgia assisted in today’s search efforts. Numerous specialized search and rescue groups and K9 teams were represented from these agencies. To date, we estimate approximately 2,400 acres have been searched since Tuesday night. The rugged mountainous terrain continues to cause problems and slow the search operations at times. The search will continue Monday morning. An updated release will be issued as new information becomes available. If anyone has information please call 1-800-TBI-FIND

Wow, 2400 acres :oops:

Their original perimeter was 1000 acres and there is no way she could have walked so far. This surely indicates that they think she has been moved. Gut wrenching.

ETA age has ruined my spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member