AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been very interesting to read the posts from members in the region as regards access, hearing cars, dogs etc. Dad says there are druggies in the woods, another poster alerted to the woods being occupied by homeless people.

All kids were under 13

What would this kind of situation mean in practical terms of kids playing outside, locking your doors during day or night?
I was really excited when I saw the collection of vehicles so near the Wells home. Apparently, local druggies in my county live in their old cars under a bridge during the summer, going back to their mobile home in winter -- or so I've been told. It occurred to me that is an excellent area for something similar, especially someone trying to "hide out" for awhile. However, it is so near the Wells home, surely LE has already searched there. They would have immediately recognized if someone had been living there, surely? And I keep going back to the dogs tracking Summer to the end of the driveway . . .
If I thought druggies or transiants were living that close to my home, certainly, the doors would be kept locked all the time and the kids never out alone. But kids, being kids . . . you just never know when they'll decide they know better than mom and dad.

I
Referring back to this article posted by Trebor (thanks!)

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

Excerpt:

Donald Wells: “Her mom came in and said where’s Summer? She’s downstairs playing with her toys. She (Candus) hollered for her, and there was no answer. She went downstairs and (Summer) was nowhere to be found. She went out the basement door. The door was unlocked.

Am not very happy to nitpick the family statements, particularly as this one is not first-hand observation and always bearing in mind the stress involved.

When DW says “She went out the basement door.” Is he referring to his wife or to Summer? That is not clear to me.

Equally when he says “The door was unlocked” does that imply that the door would normally be locked and it was unusual that it wasn’t at this time? Or that the door was easily accessible because it was kept unlocked?

Hard to tell.

It has been very interesting to read the posts from members in the region as regards access, hearing cars, dogs etc. Dad says there are druggies in the woods, another poster alerted to the woods being occupied by homeless people.

All kids were under 13

What would this kind of situation mean in practical terms of kids playing outside, locking your doors during day or night?
I live not far from there, I have a hard time believing that homeless and druggies live in the woods there. There is nothing there that would attract them. The closest town would be Fall Branch which just happens to the where the THP HQ is? There is a small gas station and a fireworks store off I 81 exit 44 which would be a 5 mile hike through the woods. The creeks are not really big enough to have fish in. Now about 10 miles away would be the Holston river which does have lots of homeless campsites along the bank. I may be wrong because I have not been there in person but knowing the area pretty well I doubt it. Plus country people with young kids do not like people like that around, they all have guns and most would not think twice about firing a few warning shots to scare people away if they were camping that close to their homes.

I was really excited when I saw the collection of vehicles so near the Wells home. Apparently, local druggies in my county live in their old cars under a bridge during the summer, going back to their mobile home in winter -- or so I've been told. It occurred to me that is an excellent area for something similar, especially someone trying to "hide out" for awhile. However, it is so near the Wells home, surely LE has already searched there. They would have immediately recognized if someone had been living there, surely? And I keep going back to the dogs tracking Summer to the end of the driveway . . .
If I thought druggies or transiants were living that close to my home, certainly, the doors would be kept locked all the time and the kids never out alone. But kids, being kids . . . you just never know when they'll decide they know better than mom and dad.

Yes, agree. Think druggies are unlikely to take an interest in a child, but we have seen many times how parents vow that their child could never wander, go for adventure. But they have managed to do just that, sometimes with extraordinary persistence, like the little guy who built his camps.

Oh Summer, where can you possibly be? Nothing makes sense! How can a five year old just disappear in moments? I just cannot get my head around an Abduction and if she just wandered off ... they should have found her by now. Praying for answers soon, her family must be so traumatized with not knowing. Moo

ROGERSVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) - On Sunday, search crews continued to look for missing five-year-old Summer Wells in Hawkins County.

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said nearly 70 agencies from across the state, and several others from different states have joined together in the search efforts.

Linda Bernard, a mother and former Hawkins County educator, said witnessing all of this happening in her quiet rural area has been difficult for the community.

“Being a close-knit community and having families that raise their children together and watch children in the community grow up, it’s heartbreaking and there’s a lot of love and a lot of concern a lot of ‘I want to help’, and a lot of prayers going up,” said Bernard.

Others living in Hawkins County told WVLT News they are sad to hear about the news of five-year-old Summer Wells too.

Hawkins Co. community speaks amid search for Summer Wells

Of course so many hoping that Tim with Equusearch will enter into the investigation.

Most recently he laid the tracks to apparently force a confession in the Samuel Orson case (hope I expressed that Ok Mods!)

He has a fascinating track record and history in solving or detecting missing persons cases in the the US.

This is the story behind it all according to the Guardian:

Tim Miller can find almost anyone. Can he find his daughter’s killer?

Hope it is ok to share this.

Summer Wells’ father talks of family, first responders as crews search on Father’s Day | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Wells reported that the Department of Children’s Services has been on the scene to help the family work through the stress and uncertainty, but Summer’s brothers are finding it especially hard.

“They’re kind of fighting more than usual,” said Wells. “They got into it first thing this morning, and the team come running up the hill, they heard screams, and so I’ve been trying to keep it down.”

o_O

And fly up the driveway when they hear screams coming from the house.

Which, of course, is not at ALL unusual.
You don’t think screams coming from a house with 3 boys ages 8, 11, and 12 wouldn’t be normal? Especially for kids who are under tremendous stress and emotional upheaval right now? How on earth can anyone help kids process something like this when we adults can’t handle it ourselves?

You don’t think screams coming from a house with 3 boys ages 8, 11, and 12 wouldn’t be normal? Especially for kids who are under tremendous stress and emotional upheaval right now? How on earth can anyone help kids process something like this when we adults can’t handle it ourselves?

Do I think it is unusual for CPS to come flying up the driveway early in the morning when they hear " fighting " type screams coming from the house where a child went missing 6 days ago ? Yeah, I guess I do. Never ever heard of something like that happening before in any missing child case I have ever followed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove