AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He may of had his gun rights restored. Depending on the crime and length of time a felon can apply for restores rights. Virginia and Tennessee both allow gun right restoration.

Can a felon get gun rights back in Tennessee?

The 2018 change allows a person with a non-violent or non-drug felony to have their firearm rights restored under Tenn. Code Ann. § 40-29-101 et seq. ... However, restoration of rights does not apply to those convicted of felonies involving violence or attempts, use of a deadly weapon or drug offenses.Nov 13, 2019
Hey
Changes in Tennessee Laws of Restoration of Rights and Antique Firearms | Frantz, McConnell & Seymour, LLP

If that were the case, why would he have been charged with possession of a handgun while under the influence and unlawful possession of a weapon.
“Afraid for my children,” Summer Wells’ mother states in dismissed order of protection against child’s father

Kingsport man offers $25,000 reward for information leading to recovery of Summer Wells

[...]

On Monday the Times news received a letter in the mail from [DG] of Kingsport, which contained a check for $25,000.

“I remain convinced that somebody knows something regarding the disappearance of 5-year-old Summer Wells,” [DG] stated in his letter. “Accordingly I have enclosed a personal check in the amount of $25,000 to be given to the person who provides a tip/information which leads to the discovery/recovery of Summer Wells.”

The “Pay to the order of” line on [DG]'s check was left blank to allow the future recipients name to be entered.

The Times News reported the reward offer to Hawkins County Sheriff Ronnie Lawson Monday who said he would recruit a rescue agency to manage the reward.

[...]

With everyone focusing on the search and rescue effort, there hadn’t been time to determine how to address potential reward offers as of Monday, Lawson noted.

[...]
This is the best news I’ve heard!!!!

I am so grateful to Mr G for the 25k donation for information leading to Summer.

Money talks especially in a small town.

Let’s hope the Sheriff, who now has the check will contact an agency to administer and gets the word out. That should boost the tip line.

Blessings to Mr G and prayers Summer is found today !!!

This is the best news I’ve heard!!!!

I am so grateful to Mr G for the 25k donation for information leading to Summer.

Money talks especially in a small town.

Let’s hope the Sheriff, who now has the check will contact an agency to administer and gets the word out. That should boost the tip line.

Blessings to Mr G and prayers Summer is found today !!!
the only downside is it will cause many people to give bogus tips in pursuit of the money. i really hope this is what leads to her being found

Jun 17, 2021 • Hawkins County, TN

Jeff Bobo, with Kingsport Times News, drove around the area where the search for Summer is taking place, to give people an idea of the command post, the terrain, the territory, the distance being covered.

A view of the Beech Creek community where the search for Summer Wells is taking place

6:14 video

My thoughts on what could have possibly happened to Summer have been changing with the wind. Early this evening will be a solid week since she's been missing. I'm thinking about forcing myself to go with the abduction theory because, in my mind, that's the only scenario where she's still alive. Anyone else feeling the same way? It's not a good feeling by any means.
I hear what you are saying and I understand why you want to think that way. I too have wavered on this until yesterday’s Press Conference.

LE knows way more than you or I. If they say that they have no evidence to suggest an abduction, I have to believe them.

As hard as it is to come to terms with this horrible situation I am preparing myself for the next phase.

:(

My thoughts on what could have possibly happened to Summer have been changing with the wind. Early this evening will be a solid week since she's been missing. I'm thinking about forcing myself to go with the abduction theory because, in my mind, that's the only scenario where she's still alive. Anyone else feeling the same way? It's not a good feeling by any means.

Nope, not feeling the whole abduction theory at all.
And that's about all I can say & stay within TOS.
So... yeah. Maps look good.

jmo

I haven't seen inside pictures of the living space of this family. They may have a perfectly clean home full of activities for the children in addition to the outside activities that come from living where they live.

Doesn't CPS remove the siblings of a disappeared child if they think the parents had something to do with it? Until that happens, I'm going with something happened that did not involve family violence.

it makes me think of when my older brother was young one of our neighbors tried luring him into his home. if summer had gotten far enough from her home could this have possibly happened?
In my mind, a determined pedophile could have been in her own woods, but hidden from the home, and grooming her, befriending her, allowing the dogs to become familiar with his scent . . . Perhaps Summer had only to go down into their own property to "visit" with a new friend. Look at the map. Their house is a small cleared area with a circle drive and completely surrounded by forest. I have no idea what happened to Summer, but with that many registered sex offenders around (didn't someone find 6?) and perhaps others who don't bother to register . . .

No. But I do find it interesting that Candus is the one who reported that DW was punching himself in the face.

Either way...who did what to whom isn't really an issue for me. MY concern is the dangerous environment these children have been living in. I couldn't give 2 squats about how two grown adults behave, EXCEPT where innocent children are involved.
MHO the media has researched both their TN criminal records. I am sure that’s how the media discovered this incident.

Moo..no press conferences and they need something to cover.

I hope this is the only incident in the 13 years they have lived in Hawkins County.

Not defending anyone but let’s face it 2020 was the twilight zone for most of us and especially for families working with kids. Tension is high through out country, mask, lock down, elections, homeschool, lay offs, problems collecting unemployment (major in VA), it’s endless. Who hasn’t had “a moment”??? Some scream, hit the wall, throw stuff, me ...I cry uncontrollably.

I’m hoping it was an isolated incident and enough to “straighten up”. She dropped the charges and protective order. Maybe they worked things out.

I have confidence DW would voluntarily relinquish any fire arms, hunting knifes, hatchets or anything else, at LE request. I suspect they have been removed.

Moo...

Jun 17, 2021 • Hawkins County, TN

Jeff Bobo, with Kingsport Times News, drove around the area where the search for Summer is taking place, to give people an idea of the command post, the terrain, the territory, the distance being covered.

A view of the Beech Creek community where the search for Summer Wells is taking place

6:14 video

I just watched that video and I am wondering about the school bus. That county must have summer school open. Were they enrolled? I am in NC and there is a lot that signed up for summer school after the year we have had.

‘Also, dad was quoted saying the kids were fighting and social services came running when they heard. I have never heard of social services hanging out for something like this. Usually social services will be involved but either they would leave or take the kids and leave. The hanging out is strange to me. I can’t help but think if the kids were fighting that loud knowing people were out there, what would it be like if nobody was there? Has is been said how old the siblings are?

I just watched that video and I am wondering about the school bus. That county must have summer school open. Were they enrolled? I am in NC and there is a lot that signed up for summer school after the year we have had.

‘Also, dad was quoted saying the kids were fighting and social services came running when they heard. I have never heard of social services hanging out for something like this. Usually social services will be involved but either they would leave or take the kids and leave. The hanging out is strange to me. I can’t help but think if the kids were fighting that loud knowing people were out there, what would it be like if nobody was there? Has is been said how old the siblings are?

8 and 12, I think ? Somewhere in that ballpark.

I'm not completely convinced that it was just the boys fighting , but I'll take DW at his word, I guess. I'm an hour away and I'm not CPS, so it really doesn't matter what I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB