AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As the days pass with no news on Summer, I begin to look at Candus in a different light. Is her sad, forelorn face with no smile caused by years of intimidation, threats, and fears from her husband? <modsnip>
I am not defending her, however, we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. The big age difference between them, Donald’s past, his <modsnip> alcoholic tendencies, as well as a perceived control image present an unbalanced home. Candus has probably learned to keep her mouth shut on many situations. Donald will handle it his way. He knows best! Therefore, what we are seeing is Candus doing what she has been instructed to do by Donald - keep quite, don’t say a word! JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Until LE causes me to think otherwise, this family remains in my prayers. I do not suspect foul play on the part of any family member. I find it regrettable that the press has dug up the dropped DV charges but when there is no tearful mother for them to snap photos of and have pleading for her child back on video at six, they will find something titillating to publish. MOO

I think the family dynamic is complicated and these folks are simple and poor. I think many in the public feel they get to judge them more harshly because they don't fit what some feel is normal or acceptable. Living in poverty is not a crime. Barefoot children is not a crime. Not being June or Ward Cleaver is not a crime. None of those factors signifies to me that these parents don't love their kids. I suspect mom chooses not to be on camera because she is literally devastated. I pray for her. I can't imagine her pain. Her only daughter is missing. Her little wild child.

May today be the day Summer Moon is found.

I agree 100% with everything you posted but there are definite red flags outside of the things you mention. Namely, the contention between the parents. A firearm in the home. Likely alcohol abuse. They're all ACES. They're proof of nothing but concern for everything.

I will forever and ever and ever have the thirteen visits DCFS paid to Kyle Alwoods home in my mind in these cases. I've never seen a better example of ignored red flags that could have saved the lives of 7+ people.

Some balloons are losing air, but this prayer vigil isn’t losing hope. I’m seeing a baby doll & stuffed animals have been added for missing Hawkins County five year old, Summer Wells. I spoke with some people who live around here who tell me her disappearance is “pitiful.”
@wvlt

E4f7T7zXMAINUWL

E4f7T70WEAMorF1

https://twitter.com/AshleyWVLT/status/1407369755149967361

Streamed live 2 hours ago • Updates on the continuing search for missing 5-year-old https://bit.ly/3xMElzL

bbm
Thanks for the photos and video, cass !
Re. the bolded : That's unsettling. :(
Imo.

I do believe the FBI knows more than the Sheriff is saying. Usually Sheriff s give more information, but the FBI...radio silence. They only speak when it’s over. Moo
I get the feeling that the sheriff is protecting the family, his department and his county with such limited communication with the media. I notice the official spokesperson for the TBI -- the state agency -- fields most of the questions and mostly conducts the pressers.

I agree 100% with everything you posted but there are definite red flags outside of the things you mention. Namely, the contention between the parents. A firearm in the home. Likely alcohol abuse. They're all ACES. They're proof of nothing but concern for everything.

I will forever and ever and ever have the thirteen visits DCFS paid to Kyle Alwoods home in my mind in these cases. I've never seen a better example of ignored red flags that could have saved the lives of 7+ people.
a firearm in the home in the country isn't much of a red flag to me. it seems a necessity

for anyone who missed today's update by authorities it is linked here at the WBIR local youtube page

A few comments regarding the presser:

1) TBI has reviewed trail cams/driver cams/driveway cams of houses in the area and cars seen at the time of disappearance have been identified and their drivers interviewed. Although the number of cams have not been stated, they have apparently identified vehicle traffic and spoken to the drivers. This would tend to discount the father's speculation that Summer was grabbed, thrown into a car by sex trafficker's, and taken from the area.

2) At 13:37 a question is asked about how is the family of Summer doing? The TBI spokesperson approaches the microphone with some interesting body language and sideways eye movement and gives a very careful answer about how the family is being cooperative. To me, this indicates that the primary area of investigation in Summers disappearance is Summer's family.

3) At 14:56 a question is asked about has Summer's family been eliminated as suspects in Summer's disappearance. The TBI spokesperson says "The circumstances leading to Summer's disappearance are very much under investigation and at this time we continue to explore all possibilities." meaning, no, Summer's family have not been eliminated as suspects.

A few comments regarding the presser:

1) TBI has reviewed trail cams/driver cams/driveway cams of houses in the area and cars seen at the time of disappearance have been identified and their drivers interviewed. Although the number of cams have not been stated, they have apparently identified vehicle traffic and spoken to the drivers. This would tend to discount the father's speculation that Summer was grabbed, thrown into a car by sex trafficker's, and taken from the area.

2) At 13:37 a question is asked about how is the family of Summer doing? The TBI spokesperson approaches the microphone with some interesting body language and sideways eye movement and gives a very careful answer about how the family is being cooperative. To me, this indicates that the primary area of investigation in Summers disappearance is Summer's family.

3) At 14:56 a question is asked about has Summer's family been eliminated as suspects in Summer's disappearance. The TBI spokesperson says "The circumstances leading to Summer's disappearance are very much under investigation and at this time we continue to explore all possibilities." meaning, no, Summer's family have not been eliminated as suspects.

All of this! ^^^^^^

thank you for that. I actually compared it to my county and the median income was basically the same. <modsnip>

I'm not really sure what's going on with some of the pages and their median incomes that are showing but I don't believe they are accurate.

The Appalachian Regional Commission gives a much more reliable picture in my opinion. The poverty rate is greater than 150% of US average in Hawkins county. It is currently classified as "at risk" but borders many distressed counties.

I don't believe this families income level plays into Summer's disappearance but it does factor into resources that the community may have for SAR. I'm glad that so many national groups are there to help.

As the days pass with no news on Summer, I begin to look at Candus in a different light. Is her sad, forelorn face with no smile caused by years of intimidation, threats, and fears from her husband? <modsnip>
I am not defending her, however, we don’t know what goes on behind closed doors. The big age difference between them, Donald’s past, his <modsnip> alcoholic tendencies, as well as a perceived control image present an unbalanced home. Candus has probably learned to keep her mouth shut on many situations. Donald will handle it his way. He knows best! Therefore, what we are seeing is Candus doing what she has been instructed to do by Donald - keep quite, don’t say a word! JMO

I have to admit this possibility never even entered my mind until just this morning.

The ONLY things I feel sure of regarding this awful mess is that, 1. Summer isn't "lost" in the woods. 2. She wasn't randomly snatched by drug traffickers out for a drive in the country, and 3. SOMEONE knows exactly what happened to this precious child.

a firearm in the home in the country isn't much of a red flag to me. it seems a necessity

I should have said a firearm owned by a felon. However, I wasn't aware that one can get that cleared in TN. After reading the law I'm doubtful that's the case but I also see reason (bears, etc) to have one living where they do. So as long as it was properly stored and he had re-gained the legal right, I agree. Not an issue.

So this may have been mentioned when the photos of the back of the home came out but I was just looking at them again and something struck me. Off to the right of the door is an opening to what presumably goes under the structure on the right of the photo. I wouldn't think that area has access to the house. More of a crawl space.

It's obvious to me by the pathways worn in the dirt that the area underneath was utilized by people (storage? kids playing? who knows?) but if we're considering abduction it's VERY possible someone could have hid in there for who knows how long.

Attachments

• IMG_9158.jpeg
    IMG_9158.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 143
So this may have been mentioned when the photos of the back of the home came out but I was just looking at them again and something struck me. Off to the right of the door is an opening to what presumably goes under the structure on the right of the photo. I wouldn't think that area has access to the house. More of a crawl space.

It's obvious to me by the pathways worn in the dirt that the area underneath was utilized by people (storage? kids playing? who knows?) but if we're considering abduction it's VERY possible someone could have hid in there for who knows how long.
But then what? Where would the abductor go to get away with the child, unseen?

jmo

A little later but the high for today is 70-72, overcast, humidity 53%. Tonight's low is 51-53. This is the 3d time night/early morning temps have dropped so unseasonably low. It is a risk for hypothermia. Last time was in the first days of the search.
Despite dismal thoughts, I am going to keep hoping she is found in such conditions that medical help will counter any ill effects she has suffered.

Could be worn by the dogs, too. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member