AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are projecting an image on Candus which is likely not very accurate.

Yeah, the truth of the thing is that none of us know these people or how they are. I have to say, I think the image being projected on DW is likely not very accurate either. I'm getting a very different vibe from him than most people here, but I guess time will tell.

MOO

I agree this is likely what happened. Depending on where she is, the smell of decomp will probably lead to them finding her soon. My guess is she’s not far from the wood line.
They need to look for buzzards circling. Remember how long it took to find Holly Bobo? Althoiugh I think her remains were moved around quite a bit.

This is unrelated but to me it sort of parallels the search that’s taking place, if indeed Summer did wander even a little into the forest. About 50 years ago a six-year-old boy went missing in the great Smoky Mountain national Park. He was with other kids and then hid behind some sort of structure, not far from his family and the other children. No one ever saw him again.

There are other similar instances and they point out that taking a few steps into heavily forested area can be devastating.

Dennis Martin Disappearance in Smokies Remains Largest Scale Search
Ugh, I wish I did not read that. This is terrifying and just makes my heart sink not only for Dennis but for Summer as well.

As we know, TBI has a twitter account. The FBI spoke to this Friday. Early on I saw that people were posting screenshots and other garbage. They have been asked to cease and desist.
It’s amazing and disgusting what gets posted on official media fb pages. The news media should not allow followers to post comments at all. Such garbage gets posted.

Putting on my Outlander fan hat here...I know that story takes place at some point in NC, and it discusses the enormous thickets of rhododendron that were nearly impossible to get out of once you got into them. Does this area of Tennessee have these thickets? Or a similar type of enormous dense shrub that a small child could hide in?

It's also possible that someone has awareness on how to confuse search dogs with competing scents. Announcing now that I will never murder someone, because "how to confuse search dogs" is now in my browser history.

My browser history is (obviously) dark. I did a little googling into search dogs and because the top results are drug-related, now I’ve added “how to hide drugs” from search dogs. Sounds like - at least in the drug context - dogs are not always perfect and there are a TON of variables.

Putting on my Outlander fan hat here...I know that story takes place at some point in NC, and it discusses the enormous thickets of rhododendron that were nearly impossible to get out of once you got into them. Does this area of Tennessee have these thickets? Or a similar type of enormous dense shrub that a small child could hide in?
The catawba rhododendron is listed as a plant in Hawkins County. Roan Mountain, in Carter County, just celebrated the Rhododendron Festival this past weekend, but that area of Tennessee adjoins North Carolina. I don't personally recall seeing rhododendron or as they were once called Ivy and Laurel in Hawkins. Neither can I tell you if it's common where the Wells family lives. Catawba Rosebay (Rhododendron catawbiense) Species Details and Allergy Info, Hawkins county, Tennessee

Summer Well's father has a thing for doors.

"...they pulled up in their driveway and she ran to the door."

"So my wife watched her go into the, door, and she went into the house."

"...and she let her - she watched her - she walked into the front door -"

"And her brothers were in there watching YouTube, and so she watched her walk in the door and went in there."

"So she went out the basement door, which was unlocked, and we haven’t seen her since."

"Err, she went out the basement door. The door was unlocked, and, but she`s never left there."
I think the source is DW.

I can only assume you're referring to social media. I avoid following or even reading anything about cases on social media platforms, because I find them to be the vilest of the vile. Cesspools of rumor, lies, cruelty, mockery and all the other awful things folks do on social media, as they out-do one another with pats on the back and more and more terrible things to say. Social media these days is just so gross.

I am SO thankful that WS doesn't allow this disgusting junk.

Yes, yes, yes.
It has been especially bad in this case from what I've seen.
Makes me love WS even more. :D

I wonder if something/someone spooked her and she bolted. That adrenaline rush could get her far, even barefoot. She’d be in trouble - whether lost in the woods, trapped in an abandoned car, or suddenly within reach of the wrong person.

Cell coverage is something that LE and the searchers have mentioned, how poor it is in the area. I was going to add cell towers to the case map, but I have checked and there is no cell coverage at all for miles around the home.

yes

With little ones being easily distracted or doing things we never think they will and families wanting to enjoy the summer months outdoors (trips to camp, hike, national parks, etc.) this is a great safety program to teach children. IMO

Hug-a-Tree - NASAR

The catawba rhododendron is listed as a plant in Hawkins County. Roan Mountain, in Carter County, just celebrated the Rhododendron Festival this past weekend, but that area of Tennessee adjoins North Carolina. I don't personally recall seeing rhododendron or as they were once called Ivy and Laurel in Hawkins. Neither can I tell you if it's common where the Wells family lives. Catawba Rosebay (Rhododendron catawbiense) Species Details and Allergy Info, Hawkins county, Tennessee

there are other species of thickets and overgrown bush.

Did they say this?

@ABCTriCities
“We know that there’s people praying all around the world praying for her safe return. So many people love her.
She would never leave our hill. I think that someone snuck up on her and grabbed her….” (2/3)
I think that someone grabbed her. Is a strong statement but thats not what he says. He adds the almost story telling part "snuck up on her". How would he know??
I DON'T THINK SHE IS IN THE AREA BECAUS]E the dog goes down to the road and that’s the end of the trail, but I don’t know that for a fact.
The way that she just disappeared, she would never do that.”

Summer Well's father has a thing for doors.

"...they pulled up in their driveway and she ran to the door."

"So my wife watched her go into the, door, and she went into the house."

"...and she let her - she watched her - she walked into the front door -"

"And her brothers were in there watching YouTube, and so she watched her walk in the door and went in there."

"So she went out the basement door, which was unlocked, and we haven’t seen her since."

"Err, she went out the basement door. The door was unlocked, and, but she`s never left there."

Wrong reply, i don't know how to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove