AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All these interviews and we aren’t hearing any pleas to find Summer. No sense of urgency in his voice. She’s just gone.
Moms so worried what others maybe saying about HER on social media that she can’t do an interview. Ummm delete the accounts.
When does this become about Summer. It seems its all about them.

I don't think we know WHY mom isn't speaking. Maybe she's scared. Or maybe she's completely fallen apart. Or maybe she feels guilty. Maybe she's got a public speaking phobia. Many possible reasons.

ETA: but to have no one other than DW speaking? Surely someone would speak for Summer and the family?? A pastor? The grandmother? a neighbor? A sunday school teacher?

Last edited:
LE would coach him if they wanted him to make a plea. In the beginning he did say something to the effect of please come home, Summer.
This guy is in shock. The most unimaginable thing has happened and he can't wrap his head around it. I think what we are seeing is his attempts to process this nightmare.
The confessional style is common in some churches, so that may account for some of it, i.e. "I was lost but now I am found"

Watch now: Summer Wells' father talks about his criminal past, convicted sex offender son

[...]

Wells also acknowledged Tuesday that his 34-year-old son [DWW] is a convicted sex offender, having pleaded guilty in Arkansas in 2007 to sexual indecency with a child.

That oldest son was in Utah at the time of Summer's disappearance, Wells said. [...]

[...]

[DW] told the Times News that prior to the October arrest he was working in Park City, Utah, and his plan at the time was to sell his home in Hawkins County and move there where he could make more money.

[...]

When asked if he would be willing to discuss his criminal past in Utah Wells declined.

“I really don't want to talk about all that stuff,” he said. “Utah is a whole different ballgame than Tennessee. That's the Mormon state. I call it the moron state. That's just how I feel.”

The Times News has reached out to the Utah Department of Corrections but hadn't received a reply as of Tuesday evening.

KTN: What were your convictions for?

[DW]: “I've had several charges over the years. I used to have... I don't know if I should elaborate on any of that. It's nothing really good. I wasn't really a Christian when I was younger. I found God in prison. I started studying the Bible Intently because I wanted to change. That's when I got to know God and tried hard to be a Christian. Of course I've backslid multiple times, but I'll never let it happen again.”

(more at link)
Mr. Wells needs someone to advise him how to navigate the press, that reporter took advantage of him, IMO.

I just can't make up my mind about this guy. Gullible or Diabolical?

One thing that bothers me is that I feel like we don't know Summer at this point. Haven't heard about her favorite color, foods, shows, interests, etc. I feel that if my child was missing and especially if I felt certain they were abducted.. I would want to express how loved and cared for they are. Pull on the heartstrings by "humanizing" them if that makes sense. Makes me feel unsettled.

DW appears to be opening the front door for the world to see the family's dirty laundry.
And confirming it is actually, dirty, and offering details. o_O
It's really uncomfortable listening to that interview.
I actually tried twice but had to stop.
that dirty laundry (most of it) has already been aired out on many different platforms. i could understand him wanting to address it.

Mr. Wells needs someone to advise him how to navigate the press, that reporter took advantage of him, IMO.

He is confusing to me as well. If I had to guess, I think he knows the lifestyle and circumstances of the house and he is trying to whitewash it for himself as much as anybody.

I'm leaning toward gullible. Often when people don't trust their own judgement, they will be more trusting of others and thus, are more gullible. DW makes some statements that indicate that he may lack self-confidence, like many people who have grown up in difficult circumstances. I don't know if he had a difficult upbringing. It is just something to think about.

Everyday I check in and pray that little Summer has been found safe. My hopes are diminishing with each day :(

I really don’t know what to think about her disappearance, but I do hope this doesn’t turn into another case like the brothers, Orin and Orsen. The more I read about Summer, the more I’m reminded of those two boys.

Let today be the day she is found!
I’m not reminded of them by this case, because they were reportedly not seen for weeks or even months before they supposedly disappeared. That’s not the situation here.

One thing that bothers me is that I feel like we don't know Summer at this point. Haven't heard about her favorite color, foods, shows, interests, etc. I feel that if my child was missing and especially if I felt certain they were abducted.. I would want to express how loved and cared for they are. Pull on the heartstrings by "humanizing" them if that makes sense. Makes me feel unsettled.

He asked that a video of her dancing, smiling, twirling in the rain be shown.

Some things I have learned about Summer when I take a moment to sift out the noise include she loves to dance, play princess, and loves her Barbie dolls.

The night before she wanted to twirl,” Wells said. “She wanted me to hold her hand while she twirled. She considered herself a ballerina or a princess.”
Watch now: Summer Wells' father believes she may have been taken by human traffickers

Summer, if you can hear me we all love you’: father of missing Tenn. girl speaks out
‘Summer, if you can hear me we all love you’: father of missing Tenn. girl speaks out

a video of Summer her father asked to be posted by a reporter.
SEARCHING FOR SUMMER: Summer’s Dad asked me to share this video of her. He says she is very loving, always happy, and loves her Barbie dolls.

I still keep going back to "nothing found at that house" No sign of anything. <modsnip> I'm having issues with 1. evidence 2 nothing from LE. I know there is a lot of stuff out there but I keep coming back to the forefront of this and shake my head. What am I missing? IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m not reminded of them by this case, because they were reportedly not seen for weeks or even months before they supposedly disappeared. That’s not the situation here.
True, however we didn’t find that out until later. Just like in this case, the boys have older siblings that I’m sure were interviewed by LE, as I’m sure the siblings here have.

My point was I hope we are not months down the road with no leads and more importantly, no Summer.

So he wouldn't have gone to jail for that. Perhaps the story isn't 100% true. Perhaps it was what a father wanted to hear. (or wants us to hear)
The point is, it doesn’t matter WHAT DW 3rd did, (there are three: Summer’s grandfather, father, and half brother). He was in UTAH and is NOT INVOLVED in Summer’s disappearance. That’s the point her father is trying to make but it seems like everyone wants to ignore.

There is a book "When Bad Things Happen To Good People" (might not be 100% exact title). When something bad happens to others, many try to find fault with them and blame them. This helps us assure ourselves that such things could not happen to us. It is a fallacy. Bad things can and do happen to good people. So, for now, I am reserving any judgment and will see how it plays out and not assign guilt. That is above my pay grade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenae