AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking out loud. I didn't see any window a/c units or a heat pump on the Well's family home. I only keep my bedroom very very cool. So I know it is hot and I am not dressed for company. It doesn't cool off until late evening. And dinner is often later in the summer when I was raising my family. When we canned from the garden, the entire kitchen was saturated. Also the kids pretty much potty trained themselves, playing outside in the secluded yard.
With summer comes much longer daylight hours which would mean Mr Wells got home from work later.
Granted, I would have paid my kids (and the others who came to play nearly every day) for each item cleaned up in the yard.

There's one a/c window unit but please don't request the image for all I recall, is that it's in a window and most likely not operational.

Speaking of toilet training outdoors, I'll share a lil chuckle.

When my 6yo DD was playing in the front yard, our neighbor's 7yo son, who lived across the street, unzipped his shorts and watered the bushes bc he was busy on the porch disassembling a bike.

Quickly, I got on the phone and called his mother to report this behavior. Without hesitation, she replied, "Well, he's probably finished by now."

Sorry guys - I think I've gotten myself confused. I was glued to my phone until 2am after seeing how late and thoroughly they were searching that field last night, stayed up hoping they would find her. Needs to be an early night for me tonight I reckon :confused:

Depends on the dog. I had a german shepard who did what herding dogs are supposed to do.

Others will act differently.

True that. Especially when it comes to the gender of the dog. We grew up with German Shepard's. My dad took the male flunkers from the Police Academy. Also the females which they don't use for a reason.

Our Patton the female? My mom trusted her more than a human. Trained beautifully. Great dog. However if anyone unknown approached us kids she'd lay her life down.

One male in particular Rommel. Alpha Male. He'd kill if the home or my mom was approached otherwise he'd just herd us kids in line. Also basically made it his mission to show my dad who was boss. Guess it's why he didn't make the cop cut.

You're right it depends.

There's one a/c window unit but please don't request the image for all I recall, is that it's in a window and most likely not operational.

Speaking of toilet training outdoors, I'll share a lil chuckle.

When my 6yo DD was playing in the front yard, our neighbor's 7yo son, who lived across the street, unzipped his shorts and watered the bushes bc he was busy on the porch disassembling a bike.

Quickly, I got on the phone and called his mother to report this behavior. Without hesitation, she replied, "Well, he's probably finished by now."

oops, I missed the a/c.
I am belly laughing at your story!!

My 3 yrs old son was with me on the concrete front porch of the church while I was talking with the pastor. He just went to the side of the porch and relieved himself. I wanted the earth to swallow me and the pastor couldn't stop laughing. But I think it was the lesson that taught son that we only did that at home outside.

might as well laugh a little. as in other moments our hearts are being broken by this.

Last edited:
An interesting quote from the father is: "Me personally I’m pretty certain someone grabbed her, threw her in a car and left the area."

I wonder how he can be so certain his daughter had been abducted and transported in a car from the area?

So someone was "laying in wait", yet also had a car, and no one saw or heard anything even though the mom and grandma and what looks like several dogs were outside. Those dogs didn't bark or act weird or anything to indicate there was someone dragging her away? That makes zero sense, but then again, as he keeps reminding us, he wasn't there, and maybe he's not thinking clearly in his grief. I could almost get on board with maybe she snuck off into the woods and happened to stumble upon someone.

Maybe the family had some enemies who have made some threats. MOO

Can we discuss anything about the family at all, or is that considered sleuthing them? Like how old the siblings are, if the dad has the kind of job where someone actually saw him there all day, did the mom and/or grandma have access to a vehicle...

So someone was "laying in wait", yet also had a car, and no one saw or heard anything even though the mom and grandma and what looks like several dogs were outside. Those dogs didn't bark or act weird or anything to indicate there was someone dragging her away? That makes zero sense, but then again, as he keeps reminding us, he wasn't there, and maybe he's not thinking clearly in his grief. I could almost get on board with maybe she snuck off into the woods and happened to stumble upon someone.

Can we discuss anything about the family at all, or is that considered sleuthing them? Like how old the siblings are, if the dad has the kind of job where someone actually saw him there all day, did the mom and/or grandma have access to a vehicle...

Stick to posting about maps. :D

I’m with you on this one <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that her dad keeps saying he feels she was abducted, thinks someone was waiting and drove her away, that druggies regularly go to houses there or however he worded it - I am wondering if someone has threatened him in the past for whatever reason and he is thinking this person may be to blame. He may have given this lead to the police and they are of course telling him to not mention the person to the media. This is just one possibility and MOO of course.

I also have not written off the fact that it could be an accident and she did wander off. Just because she has not been known to before doesn't mean she wouldn't this one time. Maybe she was bored with her brothers playing video games and mom and grandma planting flowers. I don't want this to come across like I am blaming the family at all - I am not. Just a little kid may be thinking, "Well I know I'm not supposed to go out on my own but everyone else is busy and it's just for five minutes."

Image-from-iOS-8-3.jpg

Search for Summer: Photos of Beech Creek property where Summer was last seen | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I see two AC units. One in an upstairs window and one in a basement window. There could be more on the other side of the house.

I'm just wondering if it was summer or her mom that went in the house
What if people get distracted and it was longer than two minutes missing, but she was too embarrassed to say so ?
Long enough to wander into a nearby house or yard ?
<modsnip - no link provided>
MOO.

The fact that her dad keeps saying he feels she was abducted, thinks someone was waiting and drove her away, that druggies regularly go to houses there or however he worded it - I am wondering if someone has threatened him in the past for whatever reason and he is thinking this person may be to blame. He may have given this lead to the police and they are of course telling him to not mention the person to the media. This is just one possibility and MOO of course.

I also have not written off the fact that it could be an accident and she did wander off. Just because she has not been known to before doesn't mean she wouldn't this one time. Maybe she was bored with her brothers playing video games and mom and grandma planting flowers. I don't want this to come across like I am blaming the family at all - I am not. Just a little kid may be thinking, "Well I know I'm not supposed to go out on my own but everyone else is busy and it's just for five minutes."
I'm certain LE are looking into everyone connected to the family, friend or foe.
Some people have enemies due to no fault of their own.
Property disputes, etc.

I say similar all the time! I would never think it meant a literal two minutes.

I assume, in these cases, that any family member who appears on camera does so with the intent of offering factual information to the public in the hope that what they say might help in the recovery of their missing loved one. So I take what they say literally.

That's just me.

In an area like that with very little vehicle traffic on their road, any car that drove by would be noticed by mom and granny especially if it was one that they did not know. <modsnip - no link>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member