AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same. I rarely go to social media in these cases because honestly, once I read something, I can't unread it. It just makes it impossible for me to keep everything to just the facts. I check out the missing persons FB, the immediate family's facebook, and that's where it ends for me.

Same. I am not keeping a notebook or anything, so it’s way too easy to let social media rumor mix in my brain with legitimate news and forget what is real and verified.

Go to about the 7:30 mark on that live video. She's saying mom went in the house while Summer was outside, came out and Summer was gone

nope.

Donald Wells: “I was at work, but from what my wife has told me, her, and her mother, and Summer were planting flowers by her grandma’s trailer, which is about 20 feet from the house. Real close to the house. Summer, all of a sudden, said ‘Mom I want to go in the house.’ So she said, fine.”

Her three brothers were inside watching TV, and Candus watched Summer go in the door. Her brothers said she was going to go downstairs and play with her toys.

Donald Wells: “Her mom came in and said where’s Summer? She’s downstairs playing with her toys. She (Candus) hollered for her, and there was no answer. She went downstairs and (Summer) was nowhere to be found. She went out the basement door. The door was unlocked.”

Hello there to you too! Good to see you. Hopefully we can stay out of timeout, lol.

Tricia is never going to let me forget that. Lesson learned. LOL !

No, I meant the link where the reporter is saying the mom said she went in 2 minutes later. I think it might have been Anslee Daniel...let me go check her twitter feed. Thanks , though. I was almost positive the father repeated the same 2 minute statement as told to him.

Beats me, Bobby...I'm just trying to get some kind of handle on a timeline.

And HI btw. Been a long time since we've run into each other. Hope you and yours and doing well.
I think that is a huge part of the issue. The timeline is convoluted. "Two minutes" might be used in a "wait a minute" type of way or it might be literal. The majority of what we've heard has been from Dad, who is honestly playing the game of "telephone." It stinks that we can't form a firm timeline. I remember playing "telephone" in school as a kid. We all sat in a circle, and by the time the last person revealed what had been whispered to them, it was a far cry from the original message.

Children do unpredicible things. Even if she had not left the property alone before, that doesn't mean this wasn't the day she decided to go explore.

Adults get lost in this kind of terrain, and I think that is what most likely happened to Summer, that she went outside to play in water or explore.
MOO but subject to change later.
I feel for her family.
May they find her very soon.

Something about this disappearance does not seem right. Little 4 year old girls do not just walk out the door at 6 p.m. and vanish. She did not walk away and get lost,. Something bad happened to her, MOO.
It is very difficult to put this thought from my mind, too. However, my sister always fell asleep wherever she got sleepy. I remember the first couple of times and how panicked Mama was when we couldn't find her. We'd search everywhere. Sometimes she was in a corner behind the stove, on the seat of our outdoor toilet, under the bed -- wherever she was, she slept. And she never responded to all our calling for her. After the second time, we still looked until we found her but weren't terrified anymore. It makes sense to us that Summer's mother would have looked for Summer before calling the father -- or 911. You'd feel really silly for getting the emergency squad out for a daughter sleeping in a corner somewhere. I've wondered about the older brother. Maybe he's a pest? She went to get away from him, fell asleep in some kind of cover and was disoriented and unable to see her surroundings when she woke up. A strong, outdoorsy girl could probably cover more ground than we can imagine. The problem I have with this is the search teams and the noise that many people and activity would make. Would she not have gone to the lights and noise? I just can't imagine what might have happened to her.

Possibilities. Summer went inside to use the bathroom. Or she was bored. Then went back outside. Mom didn't know. Brothers didn't know. Five year olds are impulsive. She's never known fear where she lives so walking off to follow an impulsive thought is normal behavior. We don't know her family's rules. I would think that the more the family is asked to repeat their stories by LE or media, they might start getting small details mixed. They're stressed and terrified for their child.
Your kid is right there, until they aren't, and you probably don't give it a thought until enough time has gone by when you think 'where did she get to' when calling her in for supper. WE know she is missing now but at the time, they didn't. Everything was normal until they couldn't find her.
MOO

Go to about the 7:30 mark on that live video. She's saying mom went in the house while Summer was outside, came out and Summer was gone

Found it. Yeah, Anslee is using "she " kind of loosely. I get the confusion. But dad did repeat what the mother said, so his statements help put Anslee's comments into context. For me, anyway.

It appears a brazen abduction attempt of a 12-year old boy transpired in Kingsport, Tennessee, on Thursday.

The child was mowing the lawn when approached by the perp, who followed him when the child retreated to the garage.

Google shows Kingsport as a 31-minute drive from Hawkins County.

Perhaps he is a POI in the disappearance of Summer.

Lest we believe a child abductor always fixates on a particular type of child – as to sex, hair colour, etc – I recount from my own experience this isn't always so.

When I was six, I was scooped up by a man on a bicycle, right outside the front garden of our home. I kicked, screamed, and bit his arm. He dropped me.

Later, he was arrested, and charged with murdering a 4-year old boy, the week before he grabbed me.

More than 70 years later, I can still see his bloated, red face, and stubby grey whiskers, and smell his foul breath.

58-year-old man charged following attempted kidnapping in Kingsport | wbir.com

Oh Puzzles I am so very sorry you experienced such a horrendous, chaotic, evil experience.

The PTSD must have popped up a million times. You relay that in recall so many years later.

So glad you are here to help.

I think that is a huge part of the issue. The timeline is convoluted. "Two minutes" might be used in a "wait a minute" type of way or it might be literal. The majority of what we've heard has been from Dad, who is honestly playing the game of "telephone." It stinks that we can't form a firm timeline. I remember playing "telephone" in school as a kid. We all sat in a circle, and by the time the last person revealed what had been whispered to them, it was a far cry from the original message.

I agree, it's frustrating for us. But everyone has to speak for themselves when they are questioned by LE. And that's what really matters...that THEY get the most accurate, complete picture of what happened that day.

I cannot get past why the dog(s) wouldn't have followed her if she walked off. Wouldn't it have barked if someone was lying in wait or drove up and took her?
Picture of dog is on the right hand side of the picture,
Search for Summer: Photos of Beech Creek property where Summer was last seen | WJHL-, | Tri-Cities News & Weather
They have more than one dog if they still have both I’ve seen in pictures - there is a GSP in another photo. ( German shorthaired pointer, which is a hunting dog)

I agree, it's frustrating for us. But everyone has to speak for themselves when they are questioned by LE. And that's what really matters...that THEY get the most accurate, complete picture of what happened that day.
Agreed. They are trained to ask specific and detailed questions to get to the facts. I have to keep relying on that in hopes that Summer is found. LE knows their business and that has to be trusted to get through slang, panic, convolution and misremembering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces