AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern with this particular subject is that what DW says doesn't gel. He says this was just an 18 month difference in ages. He says his son was 19 years old and there was only 18 months difference between him and the girl. The age of consent in AR is 16, so do the math.

Perhaps the father got the info wrong, but he sure stated it like he knew what he was talking about.

It's also interesting to me that DW decided to divulge his son's personal criminal history to the world, but declined to talk about his OWN troubles with the law back in Utah.

JMO

Yeah, probably best for DW if he stop talking to the media now.

jmo

My only concern with this particular subject is that what DW says doesn't gel. He says this was just an 18 month difference in ages. He says his son was 19 years old and there was only 18 months difference between him and the girl. The age of consent in AR is 16, so do the math.

Perhaps the father got the info wrong, but he sure stated it like he knew what he was talking about.

It's also interesting to me that DW decided to divulge his son's personal criminal history to the world, but declined to talk about his OWN troubles with the law back in Utah.

JMO
I think he agreed to talk about his son because the info has been on social media and the dad was defending his son against suggestions that the son hurt Summer. Just my guess.

jmo

Yeah, probably best for DW if he stop talking to the media now.

jmo

Agreed. I mean, I get that his ostensible reasons for doing so are to counter the incessant troll drama playing out over social media and refocus attention on the search for SMW, but I don’t think it ever works, really, and as the search hits the full week mark, the sole focus needs to be on the search mission. Everything else is just noise.

Agreed. I mean, I get that his ostensible reasons for doing so are to counter the incessant troll drama playing out over social media and refocus attention on the search for SMW, but I don’t think it ever works, really, and as the search hits the full week mark, the sole focus needs to be on the search mission. Everything else is just noise.

Sadly, he just fed the trolls.

The trash on social media doesn't deserve our attention.

jmo

I wish he would have focused more on the dense terrain. Looking at this video it doesn't look that bad, but looking at the overhead view of the Wells property it looks a lot different. IMO of course.
(In response to cass523)

Yes after watching that video I had a different image of that property, didn't realize how close to the road the house is. And the road looks paved to me. I'm not convinced little girl didn't walk to the pavement and see something. Anything could have caught her attention. As for the adults/kids not hearing a vehicle (we don't know if they did), I'm not positive they heard, saw, or paid attention to a vehicle passing by. With kids playing video games, mom and gma talking, laughing, planting it's possible no one paid attention to vehicles. I live off a dirt, private lane that is also a dead end, only traffic is mostly the few of us that live on this 1/2 mile lane. I assure you I have not seen every vehicle that has passed my house, even if I'm at home. My mind is open to abduction, and I pray we are all doing a happy dance that Summer is found and brought home safe. It can happen, let this case be one. Please.

I just watched that video and I am wondering about the school bus. That county must have summer school open. Were they enrolled? I am in NC and there is a lot that signed up for summer school after the year we have had.

‘Also, dad was quoted saying the kids were fighting and social services came running when they heard. I have never heard of social services hanging out for something like this. Usually social services will be involved but either they would leave or take the kids and leave. The hanging out is strange to me. I can’t help but think if the kids were fighting that loud knowing people were out there, what would it be like if nobody was there? Has is been said how old the siblings are?
The school bus was being used to transport the volunteers.

I would advise Summer’s dad to cooperate with LE and don’t hold back any info, regardless of how it might look. LE has to know it all to find his daughter.

Then I would tell him he doesn’t owe social media, who just wants their pound of flesh, a single thing. These people will soon forget about Summer and his family and move onto the next FB group tragedy and repeat their antics on another family going through the worst time of their lives.

If there’s foul play involved, I’m confident LE will figure it out. I can judge him on his past, on last year even, but he might be a innocent guy with a lost daughter. Luckily, the search and investigation continues for Summer regardless of the noise. IMO

I think he agreed to talk about his son because the info has been on social media and the dad was defending his son against suggestions that the son hurt Summer. Just my guess.

jmo

Also, they have the same name and some people are claiming that dad committed the crimes that his son did.

I agree with those who say he should back off now.

I have been driving back to the east coast from an extended road trip to western states and national parks. In TN, my route took me on I24, I40, and I81. There are quite a few electronic signs announcing an Amber Alert. They instruct the viewer to call a number for more information. There is no name and no description. Who can write down a phone number when traveling 70+ mph down the interstate? Even if one manages to write a number down, who will bother to call? There were no missing person flyers at any of the rest stops. If in fact little Summer was abducted or sold to traffickers, LE is missing a huge opportunity to inform the public who are traveling through the area from out of state.
I passed the exits for Rogersville and Kingsport on I80. The trees and ground covering are so dense in the area that very little daylight penetrates. Aside from the open fields, the searchers have an extremely difficult task. It would be quite easy to bypass a small child lying in the undergrowth.
Very sad case irregardless of how it transpired.

I agree! I haven’t seen a viable incident report where he has ever been charged or accused of child abuse, child neglect, or child endangerment. If LE had encountered that when the DV occurred, then he would have been charged. So, clearly that’s not the case and therefore I find it has nothing to do with the missing child. Let’s concentrate on finding this precious child and bringing her home!

Watch now: Summer Wells' father talks about his criminal past, convicted sex offender son

I agree, DW does not owe anything to trolls on SM. They will tear him (and the rest of the family) to shreds regardless of what he says.

<modsnip>
ETA: Response to modsnip...
Whoops. Sorry about that. I haven't been on here much since Baby Evelyn's case. Forgot we can't name people who aren't officially named as a POI by LE. However, in Summer's case, didn't LE say everyone is a POI at this point? Not trying to be argumentative. I'm asking in earnest. Thanks!

Last edited:
Wonder if by saying social services are hanging out there, if it could mean there is an advocate? Remember little Jessica that fell down the road,(well, not road) wasn't there an advocate that stayed with the family during the ordeal? It would not surprise me if social service approved a person to help the family during this horrific time. If kids were 'fighting', one could understand what they are going through right now, sad, hurt, anger, fear. Those baby boys are still young. Maybe between 7 and 12? I cannot imagine how mom could properly function emotionally with the boys when her baby girl is at the forefront of mom's mind right now. Paralyzed with fear and shock.

Last edited:
I have been driving back to the east coast from an extended road trip to western states and national parks. In TN, my route took me on I24, I40, and I81. There are quite a few electronic signs announcing an Amber Alert. They instruct the viewer to call a number for more information. There is no name and no description. Who can write down a phone number when traveling 70+ mph down the interstate? Even if one manages to write a number down, who will bother to call? There were no missing person flyers at any of the rest stops. If in fact little Summer was abducted or sold to traffickers, LE is missing a huge opportunity to inform the public who are traveling through the area from out of state.
I passed the exits for Rogersville and Kingsport on I80. The trees and ground covering are so dense in the area that very little daylight penetrates. Aside from the open fields, the searchers have an extremely difficult task. It would be quite easy to bypass a small child lying in the undergrowth.
Very sad case irregardless of how it transpired.

Usually in these cases family and friends go everywhere to put up posters. They don’t give up and they don’t stop trying to get the word out. They may not have extended family in the area but it seems like their church was supportive. And if they don’t have the supplies to do lots and lots of posters themselves a local business or shop might help. But we don’t hear anything about efforts they are making to keep the public aware — other than DW’s interviews. That isn’t enough. I feel like they had given up from the beginning.

Usually in these cases family and friends go everywhere to put up posters. They don’t give up and they don’t stop trying to get the word out. They may not have extended family in the area but it seems like their church was supportive. And if they don’t have the supplies to do lots and lots of posters themselves a local business or shop might help. But we don’t hear anything about efforts they are making to keep the public aware — other than DW’s interviews. That isn’t enough. I feel like they had given up from the beginning.

It's why I asked earlier if Summer went to school (I understand she is young, and let's pile covid weirdness on top of this); whether she went regularly to church/Sunday school, or, had friends in the neighborhood. Why is no one speaking up specifically for Summer and her family? Did they keep to themselves?

Thank you for the video. Summer's Dad appears to be a plain spoken country man who is bracing himself for the worse. As he talks about his belief in God, I feel that he believes that God will take care of Summer regardless of the outcome, hence different wording usage. It is like he is an open book, just MOO and is now regretting his past in Utah. Even when different scenarios appear unlikely to have occurred, we have all seen those scenarios here. We have seen children snatched right from their parent's arms and we have also seen children wander away. Some miraculously returned. Hoping.

So he wouldn't have gone to jail for that. Perhaps the story isn't 100% true. Perhaps it was what a father wanted to hear. (or wants us to hear)

I think the info on the video said he was incarcerated from 2007-2010. He was born in 1986, so he would have been about 21 in 2007. Based on the age of consent, the child involved would have been under 16. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mebleswiata