AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which begs the whole question about why Summer was sitting on a pillow so she wouldn't get the seat wet , and where did they put the bathing suit, was that put into a plastic bag ? Was it left in Grandma's car ? Was it brought in and washed ? If it was at the house, why did SAR have such a hard time finding an item with only Summer's scent on it ?

If we are inclined to believe Hunter's account (which I am, for the most part) when Summer arrived at his house, she was wearing a pink or purple top and shorts. She then changed into her bathing suit in the bathroom. Hunter says C took these clothes with her when they left. IF that's true, then why did C choose to put Summer in a hot suit after swimming, rather than put her back into the shorts and t shirt she was swearing when they arrived at A's ?
Personally, I think Summer just jumped right into the water in her shorts and little strappy top in the video. Then she was dressed in the grey pants and pink top with hoodie when she was cold and wet. JMO

Which begs the whole question about why Summer was sitting on a pillow so she wouldn't get the seat wet , and where did they put the bathing suit, was that put into a plastic bag ? Was it left in Grandma's car ? Was it brought in and washed ? If it was at the house, why did SAR have such a hard time finding an item with only Summer's scent on it ?

If we are inclined to believe Hunter's account (which I am, for the most part) when Summer arrived at his house, she was wearing a pink or purple top and shorts. She then changed into her bathing suit in the bathroom. Hunter says C took these clothes with her when they left. IF that's true, then why did C choose to put Summer in a hot suit after swimming, rather than put her back into the shorts and t shirt she was swearing when they arrived at A's ? And where are all these other clothes ?

I assumed that CW just put Summer's new school clothes on over her swim suit when it was still wet. That is why she said she put a pillow under her so she would not wet grandma's car seat.

Also DW said that Summer was wearing her new school clothes when she disappeared but CW said she was wearing the top and shorts.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, I think Summer just jumped right into the water in her shorts and little strappy top in the video. Then she was dressed in the grey pants and pink top with hoodie when she was cold and wet. JMO

I believe he said he didn’t know what she was wearing in bed, but knows she was in the school clothes when she disappeared.

For me, the reason that the planting flowers/cacti story seems odd, is that it doesn't appear that the Wells family takes a lot of effort or concern into yardwork. Of all the days, this is the day they decide to do that? It is one of many inconsistencies that doesn't sit right with me.
The planting seems like a reasonable thing to do. The planters were next to Gma's camper and looked really nice. I don't see any inconsistency. JMO.

Why do you think there was a “sense of emergency” with respect to the plants? I haven’t thought much about the plants and now I’m curious :)
The only problem is that he hasn't said that on video. He says. he doesn't know how long she was under because H did not see her go under. He only lifted her out after seeing her under. I would have more of an issue with a hot car at the grocery store. Would you know if someone, a child was sleep from exhaustion after swimming or complications? She would just keep sleep, right. A person probably can't tell you they are going into a deeper state of what they think is sleep.

When I was nine, I was in the same type of merky water. I was 4.5 feet tall. The water was at least 5ft.5. with no even footing. A man made water hole and no life guard. I remember several coming up for air pushing off the bottom a few times and doing a lame doggie paddle that hadn't enough rhythm to allow me to tread water. I finally sunk under, too tired. It was for, maybe 1.5 or 2 mins according to my brother on the bank. He just said, "you were under or a long time." I struggled and don't remember being able to holler. I just sat still under water by the later seconds. The water was cloudy because of my movement. I don't know how my sister saved me. I think it was shear instinct. She knew I was in trouble, and it took her a while to get to me. She had to turn away from me, make sure my other sister was secure on a dock inches away then turn back around and remember exactly where she saw me last.

Everyone is different and she is younger than nine years old. Summer Moon swims quite a bit it apppears from the videos. According to her father she is a fast runner and strong.

I assumed that CW just put Summer's new school clothes on over her swim suit when it was still wet. That is why she said she put a pillow under her so she would not wet grandma's car seat.

Also DW said that Summer was wearing her new school clothes when she disappeared but CW said she was wearing the top and shorts.

I doubt whether Summer made it home that day.

In that case, why does the Amber alert not mention that Summer is wearing a swimsuit under her clothing ?

The timeline falls apart with dramatically different stories H and CW told to CM about what happened at the swimming hole. JMO

The way H says to CM "well I thought I was sitting in the middle the whole time, but I guess I wasnt" sounds like someone told him not to say he was in the middle.. or was gaslighted into a false memory... jmo

IMO-The contradictions in DWs story the day Summer went missing are there however I don’t feel they are contradictions meant to deceive, manipulate or cover up anything that happened that day. I feel these are contradictions stemming from the mind of someone that is completely devastated and dealing with the crisis of their child missing

That is interesting !!!

CW said she put the bathing suit on Summer BEFORE they left the house that day.

H said that CW changed Summer into the Bathing suit AT HIS house when they picked him up.

IDK -- I just don't understand all the different stories, even about who was wearing what and at what time and who was where at what time !!
All the lies and misinformation from everyone is just so darn confusing.
YIKES-- it is a huge hot mess !!!
All we know is SUMMER IS MISSING !!!

Where is SUMMER ?????

The planting seems like a reasonable thing to do. The planters were next to Gma's camper and looked really nice. I don't see any inconsistency. JMO.
I see a few inconsistencies. Did you see the tall weeds in one of the containers? Makes me wonder if those were planted a previous day. Otherwise, why plenty a new plant next to a weed?

Why would CB let Summer play in the dirt wearing her new outfit for 1st day of school? That kind of polyester attracts dirt and it stains.

I am not sure I believe that grandma was into gardening after she returned home that afternoon. She had a sore knee, sore enough to go to the ER. And she picked up some meds. It makes more sense that she would come home and rest after taking her meds. JMO

CW said she was wearing the top and shorts.

<snipped for focus>

So, it's likely that H was telling the truth when he said that she arrived at his house wearing shorts and a pink top. And that Summer was changed into her bathing suit at his house.H also says that Summer was changed into the sweater and long pants after swimming. C agrees with this. So how and when, once they arrived at the house, did C change her back into the shorts and shirt ? And why didn't she put her in those clothes after swimming rather than her new school suit , which was not at all appropriate for the weather, imo. And why does D say that the pink suit is the outfit she went missing in ?

Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter right now what DW did or didn't do, other than how it relates to Summer. I think people's dislike of the parents affects the search for Summer. If DW really did SA to anyone it is beyond horrible. But his wee little girl is missing and we need to focus on that not Mom and Dad, beyond what they may have done to cause her to go missing. Is this why none of the church people seem to be helping them, because of the families lifestyle? And some of the interviewers continue to ask them about past behavior and not focus on why Summer is gone. MOO. Katt

BBM. If DW really did SA to anyone? He did. He admitted it himself. There is no question he really did it. And he blamed his 5 year old victim by saying she initiated it. Please, let's stop downplaying the SA and introducing doubt about if it really happened.

The problem with CW's versions of events is she has 2 enormous mountains to navigate around, her explaining her daughters absence and knowing CPS is already breathing down her neck.

She failed her drug test on the day, DW admitted she failed weed <modsnip>which was why she said they tried to get her to do a poly that day....but she couldn't.
No explanation was given and it is obvious why she had to come back and do it a few days later.
When she had dried out a bit.

That's just my speculation though with the information provided.

I tend to feel Steve J from TIR is likely on the money.

moo

During that #3 edition of analysis, CM and SJ discussed the drug test DW said they were given. SJ commented that DW was again throwing CW under the bus. But CM also pointed out that LE would not have told either one if they passed or failed. He also said tox screen results are not immediate.

I think it highly likely CW was smoking weed and that is the reason she invited H along and why they told CM such contradictory stories about the swimming hole.

It is possible the tox screen results are why the boys were removed from the home nearly a month later. If only one parent had tested positive, I think the court would order that parent leave the home and stay away. In a news story, DW makes excuses for his drinking and blames others:

The father of Summer Wells – a 5-year-old Tennessee girl who vanished from her family’s home in June – said his three sons have been removed from his house by child protective authorities, saying "it's probably better for them" because false theories and speculation about what happened to the girl drove him to drink.
Summer Wells' brothers removed from family home; dad says 'It’s probably better for them'

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't necessarily agree with that last bit, but I have always thought it was extremely bizarre that she already had new school clothes months before school started. Kids at that age can have huge growth spurts and might not fit into the same size even 2 months apart. Furthermore, it's still HOT when school starts, so an outfit for autumn weather makes no sense, unless Summer just had to have it (which is very possible).
I totally agree, it's too hot, to be wearing Fall clothing it is just strange. Plus, why allow her to wear new clothes meant for a new year at school. No way, my momma would've allowed me to wear any of my new clothes, until it came time for me to wear them. She always waited about a week or two before school started back before going shopping for school clothes and supplies.

I see a few inconsistencies. Did you see the tall weeds in one of the containers? Makes me wonder if those were planted a previous day. Otherwise, why plenty a new plant next to a weed?

Why would CB let Summer play in the dirt wearing her new outfit for 1st day of school? That kind of polyester attracts dirt and it stains.

I am not sure I believe that grandma was into gardening after she returned home that afternoon. She had a sore knee, sore enough to go to the ER. And she picked up some meds. It makes more sense that she would come home and rest after taking her meds. JMO
I thought they were weeds too, but someone here said they are star lilies or something like that.

I know that liars lie. Guilty people chronically lie. Bad people and trouble-makers lie. I know that devastation and suffering does not cause honest people to suddenly begin making up outrageous stories that require editing from day-to-day, week-to-week.

If we are honest, guiltless people, we tell the truth. We don't have to try to remember what the truth is. We just tell the truth.

That is why I often wonder if the photo of Summer resting on the milk jugs was taken on a previous day and H has been asked to lie about it. (Remember she phoned H about something).
If H lied though, that means A lied… Would she lie for CW? I could see her lying for H but not sure about for CW.

<snipped for focus>

So, it's likely that H was telling the truth when he said that she arrived at his house wearing shorts and a pink top. And that Summer was changed into her bathing suit at his house.H also says that Summer was changed into the sweater and long pants after swimming. C agrees with this. So how and when, once they arrived at the house, did C change her back into the shorts and shirt ? And why didn't she put her in those clothes after swimming rather than her new school suit , which was not at all appropriate for the weather, imo. And why does D say that the pink suit is the outfit she went missing in ?

Doesn't make sense.
Has it been determined where the new school outfit was before Summer was photographed in it in the car?

I thought they were weeds too, but someone here said they are star lilies or something like that.
Stargazer-bloomimg.jpg

Here is what star lilies look like growing-----I will have to go look again at the plant that looked like a weed. It seemed very tall and thin, imo

ETA:
https://twitter.com/FOXNashville/status/1408056962420457482

it could be they are star lilies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics