AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It means he wouldn't hurt her at all. It's even a common term where I live, north of Tennessee. Jmo

It's a common term everywhere, I think. I've heard it in Canada to mean the same thing.
It means he wouldn't hurt her at all. It's even a common term where I live, north of Tennessee. Jmo

I heard it growing up in Canada as well.
Now live in Ohio, hear it here, also.
I think kids use this expression and some just keep using it in adulthood. Not a big deal.

DW when asked if Summer has any moles or scars:
"I don't think Summer did has any"

Interesting correction there by DW

DW has received a lot of criticism for using the past tense when referring to Summer, he mentioned this on the Chers' interview, so he is trying to correct himself due to social media criticism.

*ALL MY OPINION*

What in a father's mind when asked a question would make him decide that he needs to paint his missing 5 year old daughter as a bully (taking things from all of her brothers that weren't hers, breaking them and laughing about it). And then continue on to defend his sons and then specifically bring attention to the defense of the oldest?

All of this while answering a simple yes or no question about his daughters health.

I have trouble with this.

I have 5 children and this behavior is not normal to me least. I have trouble believing that that no siblings retaliated in any way. I have zero faith in that statement. I wasn't born yesterday.

In my experience with siblings, students and raising my children, they fight back, defend their toys, they say hey thats mine, they grab it back, push down, hit, yell, cry and scream. Most they defend themselves and what is theirs.

IMO, This was a very random piece of information that had nothing to do with the question. This is concerning to me. What made him feel that this whole response was necessary?

Any thoughts on DWs rambling answer about Summer being autistic or not?

I don't think this was odd for him to give an example that came to his mind in response to the question about Summer being autistic, this is what came to mind for him, his wanting to describe how Summer could hold her own. Not agreeing with his parenting skills, but something they can work on with CPS and parenting classes. I know lots of families who think bad behavior by their children is cute.

This is the sentence that stood out to me when I heard it. DW was asked if Summer is autistic, so it seems like this is something he wanted to add. What I’m curious about is why he specifically said “my older son.” He wasn’t asked about his older son… and why leave out the 2 other boys? IMO, having listened to DW talk a lot, I’m inclined to think that this may mean the older son did do something, and I’m not accusing the boy of anything. There’s a million scenarios where siblings fight. But with DW’s language, I think there may be something particular he was thinking of with regards to the older boy. JMO.

He said that the youngest boy had a difficult time with this behavior by Summer, and the oldest boy would never hurt her, so he really only left out the middle boy. Happens a lot in families, they call it the middle child syndrome.

I don't think this was odd for him to give an example that came to his mind in response to the question about Summer being autistic, this is what came to mind for him, his wanting to describe how Summer could hold her own. Not agreeing with his parenting skills, but something they can work on with CPS and parenting classes. I know lots of families who think bad behavior by their children is cute.

That's not a response I would give to describe why my child isn't autistic.
Although IMO to be fair from observing him for weeks now, I wonder if D knows what autism is.

I do feel he made her to be a bully and very troubled possibly if she acts out like this often. And he made it sound like this is the usual for Summer.

<modsnip>JMO.

Yes lots if people like to laugh and encourage certain behaviors when you live in an atmosphere where being tough is maybe expected?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is DW being asked if SW is autistic?
I’ve seen it mentioned in the threads several times, wondering the basis for the question.
Is there a video that shows reason to suspect autism?

I don't know for sure, but I think it stems from the video of her in church. Also, possibly from the fact that there was discussion over whether or not she is verbal.

I'm having a difficult time understanding what "for nothing" means. Is it like he would never hurt her for any reason, or does he mean he would never hurt her without a reason?
IMO I think he meant the boy wouldn’t hurt Summer for any reason. Based on his tone when he said it and the probability he used the word as a country colloquialism.

I don't know for sure, but I think it stems from the video of her in church. Also, possibly from the fact that there was discussion over whether or not she is verbal.
I wonder if she was just a child with attention seeking behaviors. Maybe she aggravated her brothers to get attention. Some kids/people need constant attention whether it's good or bad. Hunter said in his interview that he wanted to go hang out with Summer and something to the effect to show him how a brother should be. I wonder if she just bothered her brothers all the time and they had run out of patience after years of dealing with it. It would probably be easier for Hunter since he didn't have to live with it all the time.

The video where she wants to be held by her Sabbath School teacher? I need to go back and watch that video again.
(I found a few videos of SW talking. One is SW asking CW about lightning)
JMO

Why is it "interesting"? Could you be more specific?

Why would he use the present tense when the statistics related to abducted children tell us that the vast majority are murdered within 48 hours, with over 75% being murdered within 3 hours?
It is interesting because in the agonizing throws of a child gone missing, parents generally continue to use the present tense. So in this way DW is quite interesting that he favors the past. Perhaps this is his evangelicalism? Not sure what could be the reason

I can't for the life of me figure out why people keep referring to DW and CW using southern dialect. He is from Utah, she is from Wisconsin. And they both sound like it to my southern ears. Ronnie Lawson ? THAT'S southern. ;)
Y'all go listen to the sheriff and then listen to Don.

I think just because someone lives somewhere or picks up certain sayings, that people assume that they come from there.

My Dad always told me assess before you assume.
As I got older I understood that.

Why is it "interesting"? Could you be more specific?

Why would he use the present tense when the statistics related to abducted children tell us that the vast majority are murdered within 48 hours, with over 75% being murdered within 3 hours?

Most parents of missing children (no matter their age) hold out hope of survival until there’s proof of death, hoping their child beats the odds.

DW began referring to Summer in the past tense very quickly after she disappeared. The almost immediate assumption that she is dead seems off.

jmo

*ALL MY OPINION*

What in a father's mind when asked a question would make him decide that he needs to paint his missing 5 year old daughter as a bully (taking things from all of her brothers that weren't hers, breaking them and laughing about it). And then continue on to defend his sons and then specifically bring attention to the defense of the oldest?

All of this while answering a simple yes or no question about his daughters health.

I have trouble with this.

I have 5 children and this behavior is not normal to me least. I have trouble believing that that no siblings retaliated in any way. I have zero faith in that statement. I wasn't born yesterday.

In my experience with siblings, students and raising my children, they fight back, defend their toys, they say hey thats mine, they grab it back, push down, hit, yell, cry and scream. Most they defend themselves and what is theirs.

IMO, This was a very random piece of information that had nothing to do with the question. This is concerning to me. What made him feel that this whole response was necessary?

Any thoughts on DWs rambling answer about Summer being autistic or not?
To be clear DW gave a longer answer than a simple “no” when asked if Summer is autistic. For the sake of space I omitted his complete answer because I was more interested in the part I quoted.

You’d have to listen for yourself to hear the whole answer but from what I remember DW basically described Summer as being “normal.” (His word) Maybe describing her as a mean little girl who likes to break her brothers’ toys is his way of showing that. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FormerSoldier