AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone truly think Summer was abducted by any dogs or coyotes? Even with search and rescue and law enforcement? No remains, blood, clothes, noise, disturbed brush, etc? Could this have happened to Summer in this place and this day?
I don't have sufficient knowledge to make that call.
I defer to experts like @Trackergd and locals familiar with the animals and the terrain, like @AmyE
They have the knowledge.

Here is more information that is documented scientifically.
Coyotes are becoming bigger and more ‘wolflike’

I know what I see, what I'm living around and what has been killing pets and livestock here. Experts say it's "Uncommon" but does happen, and I'm telling you "IT IS HAPPENING HERE" Wild or feral dogs and coyotes are pack animals, territorial and the ones captured in our area ARE BREEDING, we have have "coydogs" we have feral dogs and we have coyotes.

The research from Virgina wildlife and TN TWRA shows that these dogs have Wolf DNA, domestic dog DNA, and coyote DNA.

whether they are technically one species or the other, or even a mix of 2-3 doesn't change the problems we have with them!
Every single night I can walk outside and hear their calls, their yips and barks are distinct.
Every single cattle herd here has donkeys, to keep the coyotes or dogs away.
Everyone here can tell you about these animals, they are a nuisance and have killed many many pets.
I'm fascinated.
Thanks so much Amy.
How do the donkeys keep them away?
Would they not attack a donkey too?

I may have missed something, but who said this exactly and when?
I know LE said it was not their assumption, but I don't remember them saying "near zero chance", I remember "nothing & no one is off the table".
Thanks.

You are correct after reading again, a lot of news articles surrounding this. Only certain media outlets say close to zero.
TBI has said that they have no evidence to confirm the suspicions of Wells. (The suspicion of her being abducted.)

Does this mean roads or off-roads? I get confused with the holler, it’s not terminology I’m all that familiar with. Thanks for the quote.
I took it to mean she drove to the end of Ben Hill Road. Isn't that where the "holler" is? I thought a holler was a low lying area, like a valley. Dunno for sure. Does someone live down at the end? Maybe she drove onto their property? Someone posted a topo map many threads ago but all I remember from it was that the Wells' house was on the highest point.

Yet DW knew it the moment he arrived at the shed. Interesting.
He probably expected her to be found by the time he got home. I think when he saw the boys still searching down by the creek 40 minutes later along with the neighbor, the reality hit him that she was actually missing. With all the searchers and LE there with all the roads blocked off it must have been surreal.

I think if it was an animal of any sort this case would be solved by now.

Yes, there really are various animals in the area that are dangerous, but LE knows this. I think, even though they didn't talk about it, they were looking for signs.

But, i am not an expert in any of this so moo.

"Co-sleeping is controversial and many parents may be hesitant to share that info with the world."

Okay, now we are meeting on common ground. That was my original point when I stated that CW told us Summer 'slept' in her own room. I took it as such, since she was looking at the bunkbeds as she said 'she stayed here with her brother.'

But at least we can agree now, that she was hesitant to tell the truth so she implied that Summer slept in her own bed at night.

My kids slept in our bed until they were about 4. I don't have a problem with the family bed and I think it has some value. But if my husband had a history like Don's , that wouldn't have been the situation.
But did CW know about the abuse?

He probably expected her to be found by the time he got home. I think when he saw the boys still searching down by the creek 40 minutes later along with the neighbor, the reality hit him that she was actually missing. With all the searchers and LE there with all the roads blocked off it must have been surreal.

Searchers and LE weren't there. DW drove so fast he beat them all home.

I thought CBW said she immediately jumped in a truck to search? I took that as looking more at roads, can trucks get through the woods in that property?
Iirc She said she drove to the church,and back too. Wasn't Summer's scent tracked down the driveway/dog path then down the Rd and lost per DW?

Iirc She said she drove to the church,and back too. Wasn't Summer's scent tracked down the driveway/dog path then down the Rd and lost per DW?
I thought she said this too but I can’t find it and CBW hasn’t given many interviews. Did DW maybe say this on her behalf? Does anyone have a link to this being said? Isn’t the church something like 30 minutes away? When would driving there and back fit into the timeline? And how in the world would Summer have gotten to the church from her basement? JMO

Coyotes and people: What to know if you see or encounter a coyote

There have only been two recorded incidences in the United States and Canada of humans being killed by coyotes. One involved a child in Southern California in the 1980s and the other a 19-year old woman in Nova Scotia in 2009.
I followed the case in Cape Breton N.S. and ugh, it was ugly. The young woman was attacked on the main trail near the rest rooms. Much evidence left at the scene. DNA showed the coyotes were eastern coyotes with traces of wolf DNA.

I agree that we're not looking at any kind of animal attack in Summer's case.

I thought she said this too but I can’t find it and CBW hasn’t given many interviews. Did DW maybe say this on her behalf? Does anyone have a link to this being said? Isn’t the church something like 30 minutes away? When would driving there and back fit into the timeline? And how in the world would Summer have gotten to the church from her basement? JMO

It's in one of the two Rogersville Review articles. I forget which one.

By going back to that first week, you see how the information has changed a couple of times.
The emergency scanner traffic gave some insight in those first moments:

The parents have called in advised that the mother had went for a walk, came home and now they
can't find her, they have been yelling for her, she has been gone for ten minutes now.

I am still so confused by this.

Which child did he have with him and why did he say only one went with him and the others stayed home?
Yes I too really want to know why DW up and left to go work in Utah, and why he would only take one, the eldest, away from home. Kid stayed in a trailer, it’s not like he was learning a new trade with dad or something. I’m really curious as to why this took place and if it has any significance to recent family dynamics happening..

Exactly. Why they didn't scour those woods again and again and again and instead suggest a kidnapping is beyond me. JMO
my very first theory was of course she got lost or hurt in the woods! She went running through there with her brothers, and she seems very courageous and full of energy, as a parent (or a bystander) that should ultimately be the first and most poignant theory!! Surely you focus on the woods all around the house…

But then I heard the stories and finger pointing they spun… yeesh

Last edited:
I am wondering about when children are taken from a home by CPS, not the boys in particular, but where do they go to school?

Do they get home schooled or go to public school?

If it is public school then I worry that kids can be so mean to them if they find out who they are.

Do they get to have visits from their parents?

Just asking because it is something that I know very little about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme