AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The outfir

Don doesn't have an college degree. His language is consistent with the street lingo. But, to clarify how I understand his statement. He is stating that a women may have taken Summer Moon. Replace your wording back to her. "The" is the noun "her". There are two hers. Summer and the perp. Based on street lingo. Somebody put her in their car. Their, equals a her. Her in her car.

If I understand what you missed. MO

I assumed DW meant that CW put SW in CW's car. Nobody else seems to have interpreted it like that.

This comment just made me realize another potential inconsistency. If DW and CBW were on the phone for DW’s entire drive home, wouldn’t CBW know if he was there before or after the police, instead of her saying that she didn’t know?
She also tossed her phone in the back of DW's truck.
So she must have retrieved it almost instantly.

A detail that is completely irrelevant but needed to be said.

Yet important detail like remembering the times via all your phone interactions is too hard to recall...even with a visual reference in your hand.

moo

Searchers and LE weren't there. DW drove so fast he beat them all home.
I helped search for a missing person once. It wasn’t a large radius but it was heavily wooded and took a few hours but they did eventually find him deceased. Never once did his family say “well, it’s been an hour. He’s gone, not here.”

Yeah I don't think its anything to read into too much.

CW could have simply said I walked back to the house from my mothers trailer.

The dispatch has no idea she is inferring a couple of feet.

It is strange how CW says to CM she walks her all the way over to the house. Its such an unnecessary exaggeration of distance.

moo
CB must have said the word "walk" in some way to the dispatcher but we don't know the context. Imagine the dispatcher trying to understand her story. *Speculative paraphrasing follows, not anything that CB actually said:* "Ma'am, how far was it from the grandmother's trailer to your house?" "Oh, about 20 feet." IMO it's probably something to put on the questionable but not necessarily relevant list. MOO.

I helped search for a missing person once. It wasn’t a large radius but it was heavily wooded and took a few hours but they did eventually find him deceased. Never once did his family say “well, it’s been an hour. He’s gone, not here.”
Her family believed there was only a finite area in which she could be. To that end, it's reasonable.
Let's assume they knew their child would not venture into the woods, for sure and certain.

They had already searched the property she normally occupied. The child was not there. They'd probably searched it over and over and there were 5 of them searching, including the 3 children. It probably took them only a very short time to complete their searches.
Because that is all it took.

They had reason to believe she was not 'somewhere in their 11 acres' there were only specific places she could physically be by her own volition.
It's like looking in an open-plan building, seeing there are no people there and being able to declare that with confidence.

This is a possibility.
IMO

Rsbm

Every time this comes up I wonder why that detail was mentioned.
JMO
The excuse for going away from the house in the truck for a period of time alone, after she sent the boys to the creek.

IMO
Why wouldn't a parent want to have a phone with them, even if the signal comes and goes around that area.

1) Nobody can call that parent to say the child was found back home.
2)You cant call to say you found your child.
3)You cannot talk to other parent on their whole ride back home, so there is missing time there. So it would not be the whole ride.

Lastly, nobody can trace your whereabouts via that phone if you don't have it with you.

Last edited:
I thought DW and CBW were communicating the entire time he was driving home from work via Facebook Messenger? So I agree, seems like he would know she wasn’t found yet when he got to the lower shed.

How about this for another possibility: DW and CBW were communicating with each other while he was driving home, so he knew that she (CBW) hadn't found Summer. At that point neither DW or CBW had any way of knowing if the boys or neighbor had found Summer. They knew that the boys had been sent to the creek and knew that CBW had asked a neighbor to search, but they weren't in communication with the boys or the neighbor. When DW arrived at the creek and saw the boys and the neighbor without Summer, he knew they hadn't found her either and that is when he knew in his mind that she had been taken.(Not necessarily the conclusion everyone would have come to at that point, but the feeling he, personally had.)

Last edited:
Her family believed there was only a finite area in which she could be. To that end, it's reasonable.
Let's assume they knew their child would not venture into the woods, for sure and certain.

They had already searched the property she normally occupied. The child was not there. They'd probably searched it over and over and there were 5 of them searching, including the 3 children. It probably took them only a very short time to complete their searches.
Because that is all it took.

They had reason to believe she was not 'somewhere in their 11 acres' there were only specific places she could physically be by her own volition.
It's like looking in an open-plan building, seeing there are no people there and being able to declare that with confidence.

This is a possibility.
IMO

it was a very specific area we were searching for him as well, like I said not a large area. There were lots of us and he was a full size adult and it still took hours.

How about this for another possibility: DW and CBW were communicating with each other while he was driving home, so he knew that she (CBW) hadn't found Summer. At that point neither DW or CBW had any way of knowing if the boys or neighbor had found Summer. They knew that the boys had been sent to the creek and knew that CBW had asked a neighbor to search, but they weren't in communication with the boys or the neighbor. When DW arrived at the creek and saw the boys and the neighbor without Summer, he knew they hadn't found her either and that is when he knew in his mind that she had been taken.
That's a good point except CW said the boys came back from the creek before she rang DW and 911.

Chris interviews Candus at Swimming Hole

That's a good point except CW said the boys came back from the creek before she rang DW and 911.

Chris interviews Candus at Swimming Hole

Hmmm. That's interesting. I was looking at the Rogersville Review article on the home page of the official SW site, and the way it reads is that she sent the boys to the creek with their walkie talkie and then she drove off in the truck.

“Before the cops even came out, I went down and told my neighbors, ‘Summer is missing, will you help me look?’ just in case she did wander off. But I knew in the back of my mind, she’s never wandered off. She never went nowhere without me. She’ll ask me to do something before she even goes and does it. And she’s scared to go in the woods herself because we’ve told her time and time (again) because of the bears and snakes,”..
“I sent the older boys down through the creek. If they’ve got a walkie-talkie and their buck knife, they can go down through there. I sent all them searching and I went out in my mom’s truck and went all the way down by the church, then went all the way down the (other) way and I didn’t see nobody even out and about,”

https://www.findsummerwells.com/

Hmmm. That's interesting. I was looking at the Rogersville Review article on the home page of the official SW site, and the way it reads is that she sent the boys to the creek with their walkie talkie and then she drove off in the truck.

“Before the cops even came out, I went down and told my neighbors, ‘Summer is missing, will you help me look?’ just in case she did wander off. But I knew in the back of my mind, she’s never wandered off. She never went nowhere without me. She’ll ask me to do something before she even goes and does it. And she’s scared to go in the woods herself because we’ve told her time and time (again) because of the bears and snakes,”..
“I sent the older boys down through the creek. If they’ve got a walkie-talkie and their buck knife, they can go down through there. I sent all them searching and I went out in my mom’s truck and went all the way down by the church, then went all the way down the (other) way and I didn’t see nobody even out and about,”

Interesting. Possibly another inconsistency.

It seemed odd to me at first. However, I couldn’t find that she ever said they came back from creek. This made me wonder if this is where the importance of the walkie-talkies come in. Perhaps, she or CH kept one and sent the other with the boys down toward the creek. It could fit with the boys saying “no” per the first link below. Maybe once they used a walkie talkie to say no (as in she isn’t down here), CBW went looking in the truck.
Just a possibility/opinion of how the events could have played out.

———-

Sent Boys to the Creek

I sent my boys down through the well we live on a hill so it was down by the creek.” (25:45) “I sent them all down through there looking and everything and they still didn’t find her and they said no so I ran over and I freaked out I called Donnie because that’s what I do automatically I freak out, you know.” (26:12)

After Boys don’t find her She calls DW

I freaked out I called Donnie because that’s what I do automatically I freak out, you know.” (26:12)

CW calls DW at work in Jonesborough from her own phone

“So I dropped my phone because I had to run over and get Mom’s phone and dial 9-1-1….”

I call Donnie. I said I cannot find Summer come home now. He’s like call the cops so I threw my phone down on the back of his pickup, ran over to my mom, picked up her phone because it’s the only one that gets cell service is AT&T.” (26:25)

Last edited:
I wonder where Grandma is? Is LE keeping in touch with her? She was there when Summer went missing, might she have something more to contribute? All I really recall hearing about her was 1) that she went to the Emergency Room for pain on the day Summer went missing, 2) she had a temper supposedly 3) she drove the man who Don found at the house (and set in motion the domestic violence charges against him) back to North Carolina I believe and 4) she left when things started to get hot. I wish Chris McDonough would interview her. She must have some additional meaningful information.

It seemed odd to me at first. However, I couldn’t find that she ever said they came back from creek. This made me wonder if this is where the importance of the walkie-talkies come in. Perhaps, she or CH kept one and sent the other with the boys down toward the creek. It could fit with the boys saying “no” per the first link below. Maybe once they used a walkie talkie to say no (as in she isn’t down here), CBW went looking in the truck.
Just a possibility/opinion of how the events could have played out.

———-

Sent Boys to the Creek

I sent my boys down through the well we live on a hill so it was down by the creek.” (25:45) “I sent them all down through there looking and everything and they still didn’t find her and they said no so I ran over and I freaked out I called Donnie because that’s what I do automatically I freak out, you know.” (26:12)

After Boys don’t find her She calls DW

I freaked out I called Donnie because that’s what I do automatically I freak out, you know.” (26:12)

CW calls DW at work in Jonesborough from her own phone

“So I dropped my phone because I had to run over and get Mom’s phone and dial 9-1-1….”

I call Donnie. I said I cannot find Summer come home now. He’s like call the cops so I threw my phone down on the back of his pickup, ran over to my mom, picked up her phone because it’s the only one that gets cell service is AT&T.” (26:25)
I'm wondering how long is the trek to the creek? 5 minutes, or 10 or more or less? Also I don't have a sense of line of vision from their home and garden area and the creek ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr