AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't really true. I've followed several cases where LE has publicly cleared family members, both early on or weeks in. It just depends on the case and how the LE investigating choose to proceed.
Yeah, this case has been unusual so that may impact how much information LE is going to release and whether or not they're going to clear anyone before Summer is found.

This may be the first case I've followed where LE actually backpedaled on when the missing person was last seen; now they say early afternoon on the 15th. IMO it means LE isn't willing to clear family right now.

Investigators say the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of missing Hawkins County 5-year-old Summer Wells remain unclear and that is “outside of the norm” for a missing child case.
“While every case is different, this one is definitely outside of the norm,” said Tennessee Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Leslie Earhart. “Typically in an investigation like this one, we have some idea of where the case is headed and what might have happened within a few days. In this situation, despite doing everything within our power and exploring all avenues, the circumstances leading to Summer’s disappearance remain unclear.”

“I understand the lack of answers frustrates you and the public, but trust me, no one is more frustrated than we are.”​
TBI: Summer Wells case ‘outside of the norm’ as circumstances surrounding disappearance remain unclear | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I have talked with a variety of LE regarding polygraphs, and many have told me that there is no pass or fail.... they simply indicate whether there is any deception involved. They are not infallible, but generally speaking they do sometimes help LE a great deal with eliminating POI's.

As to the subject of not clearing the parents, there is probably good reason.

This was posted on the Findsummerwells.com page today. What's your take on it? I feel as though they're saying she's been found. Thank You For Prayers .. (findsummerwells.com)

Thank You For Prayers ..
. . . and God said, "I have heard your prayer."

Well, it could be good news (although I think we would have heard something by now since this was posted over 7 hours ago) or it's just what it looks like - a simple thank you to all those around the country/world who truly are praying for Summer. Of course, God may "hear" plenty of prayers that He doesn't necessarily answer like we wish He would (I work in a church office, so I say that from experience).

Chris on YT:

Sending prayers for Louisiana and first responders helping during Hurricane. Says they're going to talk about factual information. Praising J for sharing her story. OT/ Chris' wife Karen seems nice.

J is definitely pursuing charges for the SA. Reminding us that she came forward the day after Summer disappeared, was worried could that possibly be happening to Summer. 6 total victims.

They do that internally, but they seldom clear anybody publicly nowadays.
do you have any examples or links that say this?
I feel like similar cases I’ve followed where fingers are pointed especially, LE will come out and say that person has been cleared. A couple people already presented examples: Dylan Redwine and Mollie Tibbets. Unfortunately I can’t think of any right now so I’m just going to state that IMO I feel like if these parents had been cleared, they would have made that public.
I hope this doesn’t come off as argumentative, I just am genuinely interested in hearing of similar cases because it perplexes me so much.

June 15, 6:23-7:03 is the 40 minutes CM is talking about tonight

Here is what was pulled together a few days ago via poster contributions. Maybe added info can be filled in tonight….

ETA: Updated 911 call to 6:23 - per tonight’s interview

I call Donnie. I said I cannot find Summer come home now. He’s like call the cops so I threw my phone down on the back of his pickup, ran over to my mom, picked up her phone because it’s the only one that gets cell service is AT&T.” (26:25)

6:16 (If Missing for 10 mins prior) based on dispatch call

6:23 CW calls 911 on CH's phone

CW drives CH’s truck .. “all the way down by the church, then went all the way down the (other) way and I didn’t see nobody even out and about.” Then I went all the way back in the holler as far as the truck can go and I didn’t see nothing back in there, either. When I was coming back up out of the holler, the cops were coming up in my driveway. So, I just followed them up in here. I don’t recall if (Don) was here before the police got here or if he was here at the same time they showed up,” said Candus.

CW sends boys to check around creek (sounds in parallel to her leaving in truck to search)

6:29 DW calls 911 from work (check Cher video for a possible 6:29 reference)

Male neighbor becomes involved in the search

“Before the cops even came out, I went down and told my neighbors, “Summer is missing, will you help me look?”

7:00 Don makes a 45 minute drive home in 25 - 35 minutes (38min mark) (7:00 would be based on a 30 min drive after the 6:29 911 call) NOTE: look for links to include that may reference other possible arrival times.

DW states he arrives before LE but many neighbors were already searching

DW arrives at shed

7:03 Search and Rescue is in motion (85:18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member