AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pray that Summer is found but this makes me feel so much like it did when we were waiting to hear of Evelyn.
Too much doesn't make sense to the point they cannot set an accurate timeline around the disappearance.

I really hope that people are looking at their property and that people with elderly neighbors have went to help them look around or called to get them help.... The Wells' yard with all the cars and buildings isn't uncommon at all and I know there are so many people that could use the help looking around.

re doors
There are four scenarios
--Summer left the house through the front door
--Summer left the house through the basement door
--Summer did not leave the house
--Summer was never in the house
Pick one and go from there because logically it can only be one.
moo

IMO Everything is relevant until it isn’t any longer.

Locked doors, unlocked doors.

Family history.

Local RSO’s.

Friends who may have visited in the past.

Arguments with neighbours.

DCS involvement if any.

Timeline the day Summer went missing.

Until LE deems something irrelevant everything is on the table and still in play. We have no ability to deem anything irrelevant or a red herring or not important based on the minuscule amount of information we have.

Even LE is struggling to figure this out. I can assure you, that right now, everything is relevant until a clear cut path is revealed.

MOO

Poor Summer, where are you little one :(

I can say, I'm also rural. When my son was 2, I was outside planting flowers and he was right behind me playing with his toys. The part of the property in the front by the road is fenced, but I'm surrounded by 400 acres. I turned around and my son was gone, I mean GONE. I thought ok, maybe he went to the back to see his dad so I walked back and nope, he wasn't with dad. Go inside calling for him, nothing. Go back outside and now I'm starting to panic....we looked and looked, went inside again and when I was ready to call police, I decided to check inside one more time. This time I turned on the light in every room and he was in our very back bathroom going potty, with the light off! Why he didn't answer when we yelled his name, no clue.

We probably spent a good 15-20 minutes looking for him ourselves because you don't believe your child would just walk off. Especially when they have been taught NOT to. And you don't want to call the police without knowing it's for sure justified (did he really walk off, I can find him myself, all of these thoughts go through your head) And then how did he go into the house so quietly when I was right there!!! I didn't even hear him go into the front door.

It scared us to death and it makes me feel so bad for Summer's parents if this is truly what happened. How we adults think a child would act isn't the reality. Summer may have been taught not to go into those woods, but what if a stray dog was there and she went to chase it and got lost. You would think she would yell for mom/dad or answer when they call her name, but why didn't my son answer when we called his.......the only thing I don't understand is if she did get lost, why they can't track her scent. I mean I guess I know from watching cases here, kids can travel farther than we imagine.

And, although we do have a main road running in front of our house, I have to admit the thought of someone taking my son didn't even cross my mind because it would be sooooooo rare. Based on what I've read of their house and the drive up, it would shock me if this happens to be the case.

If Summer truly did walk off, I can understand how it happened without mom knowing. None of us watch our kids 24/7, we leave them playing with their toys while we go do other chores. Sigh, the poor baby, I hope she is found soon!

Edited to add: I did see the article of the DV and what stuck out to me was another man at their house. I would be very interested to know if anyone else was visiting the home at the time of Summer's disappearance. I know the cops would already know this and I feel a little better knowing her siblings were in the house also. But, if they are anything like my kids, they lock themselves in their rooms playing and wouldn't know what was going on if I didn't check on them.

Last edited:
My whole issue with DW emphasizing that the basement door was unlocked is that, to my mind , it's not relevant. Let's look at 2 possible scenarios for her disapp
1. She wandered off and got lost in the woods, and the basement door was " unlocked ". So what ? Any 5 year old can unlock a door and go outside. Locked or unlocked, what difference does it make ?

2. She was abducted by someone, and the basement door was " unlocked ". Again...so what ? Mom says she and Grandma were outside planting flowers, 3 boys were upstairs , and to get to the house you have to traverse a long driveway. There were 5 people at home and this was broad daylight, so is DW suggesting that a complete stranger snuck up that driveway, entered the basement through the " unlocked " basement door , and whisked Summer away without anyone noticing anything ?

Even IF he is suggesting Summer left the basement, wandered down the driveway and was snatched at the road...what possible difference could it make if the basement door was locked or unlocked.

Why did DW feel the need to add that detail ? Repeatedly.
I wonder if that lock had a key and if a "responsible person" left it unlocked and that DW mentions it because he feels its before mentioned "responsible persons" fault it was left where the door was accessible.
I really wonder what DW knows about the days events while he was at work until that call he received.
It's said that he hung up with her and called 911 himself. That's says a lot to me, he calls immediately after hearing she cannot be found/isn't answering to her name.
On the other hand CW spent some "undetermined amount of time", "gardening" before knowing she was missing and then spent "insert amount of time" looking in house and outside yelling" before even calling DW and he had to tell her to call 911?
I think DW believes the door being unlocked is the reason for it all. Maybe he was very particular about this door staying secure.... I have my thoughts but they have to wait

Poor Summer, where are you little one :(

I can say, I'm also rural. When my son was 2, I was outside planting flowers and he was right behind me playing with his toys. The part of the property in the front by the road is fenced, but I'm surrounded by 400 acres. I turned around and my son was gone, I mean GONE. I thought ok, maybe he went to the back to see his dad so I walked back and nope, he wasn't with dad. Go inside calling for him, nothing. Go back outside and now I'm starting to panic....we looked and looked, went inside again and when I was ready to call police, I decided to check inside one more time. This time I turned on the light in every room and he was in our very back bathroom going potty, with the light off! Why he didn't answer when we yelled his name, no clue.

We probably spent a good 15-20 minutes looking for him ourselves because you don't believe your child would just walk off. Especially when they have been taught NOT to. And you don't want to call the police without knowing it's for sure justified (did he really walk off, I can find him myself, all of these thoughts go through your head) And then how did he go into the house so quietly when I was right there!!! I didn't even hear him go into the front door.

It scared us to death and it makes me feel so bad for Summer's parents if this is truly what happened. How we adults think a child would act isn't the reality. Summer may have been taught not to go into those woods, but what if a stray dog was there and she went to chase it and got lost. You would think she would yell for mom/dad or answer when they call her name, but why didn't my son answer when we called his.......the only thing I don't understand is if she did get lost, why they can't track her scent. I mean I guess I know from watching cases here, kids can travel farther than we imagine.

And, although we do have a main road running in front of our house, I have to admit the thought of someone taking my son didn't even cross my mind because it would be sooooooo rare. Based on what I've read of their house and the drive up, it would shock me if this happens to be the case.

If Summer truly did walk off, I can understand how it happened without mom knowing. None of us watch our kids 24/7, we leave them playing with their toys while we go do other chores. Sigh, the poor baby, I hope she is found soon!

I have had similar things happen more than once with my two kids. I only have 1.6 acres and live on a quiet road. Once, my son had walked next door to chat with our neighbor who was out doing yard work. Another time, he was literally hiding from me inside the home because he thought it was funny. Terrifying for me both times.

I wonder if that lock had a key and if a "responsible person" left it unlocked and that DW mentions it because he feels its before mentioned "responsible persons" fault it was left where the door was accessible.
I really wonder what DW knows about the days events while he was at work until that call he received.
It's said that he hung up with her and called 911 himself. That's says a lot to me, he calls immediately after hearing she cannot be found/isn't answering to her name.
On the other hand CW spent some "undetermined amount of time", "gardening" before knowing she was missing and then spent "insert amount of time" looking in house and outside yelling" before even calling DW and he had to tell her to call 911?
I think DW believes the door being unlocked is the reason for it all. Maybe he was very particular about this door staying secure.... I have my thoughts but they have to wait

I don't think the door being unlocked means they usually keep kids locked inside. I think the door being unlocked means someone left through that door and did not lock the door behind them.

My kids are 4 and 5 and are not kept inside by a lock on a door. This does not strike me as the type of family that locks doors to keep children inside. They seem to spend a ton of time outside. I think they lock doors to keep people outside, like most of us do, and the door being unlocked means someone left thru the door and did not lock it behind them from the outside.

We also assume the lock was in the door handle. Honestly, for all we know it was placed higher to keep littles from taking off. JMO

Can clearly see the door and locks in the WJHL news video. Including a close up on the locks. Standard height door knob and deadbolt style locks. Starting at 0:25 The locks are shown at 0:34

I don't think the door being unlocked means they usually keep kids locked inside. I think the door being unlocked means someone left through that door and did not lock the door behind them.

My kids are 4 and 5 and are not kept inside by a lock on a door. This does not strike me as the type of family that locks doors to keep children inside. They seem to spend a ton of time outside. I think they lock doors to keep people outside, like most of us do, and the door being unlocked means someone left thru the door and did not lock it behind them from the outside.
I don't think they locked the kids inside with that lock in that way. I think that it's just a door that's most likely not used everyday or often and when it is, its likely locked back.

Door locked/unlocked.

To us, it is extraneous information, but, to CW it is important enough for him to bring it up, if it isn't, why bring it up?, therefor, it is important for us.

ETA:

If she did go out that way or was taken out through there then whomever left it open may feel responsible and is the reason it (doors etc,) was mentioned so many times. Then again if it is close to home, and i mean close then this (open door) maybe an alibi. It wasn't us someone took her through the open door or she wandered off. Many possibilities are on the table.

Last edited:
<modsnip>
It depends on the type of lock. Some can still be opened from the inside while locked. They just can’t be opened from outside. Think of hotel rooms with keys. You can walk out but you can’t get back in without the key.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the last house we lived in, we had a couple of doors that had deadbolts that looked like that from the outside - But you had to have a key to unlock it from the inside. They were changed not long after we moved in because it's not something that's up to code for fire safety reasons, But I'm wondering if it could have been that type of lock.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I think I must have missed it because I don’t recall an explanation of what kind of lock it was. Most kids can get beyond normal locks. Do we know what type of lock it was?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I must have missed it because I don’t recall an explanation of what kind of lock it was. Most kids can get beyond normal locks. Do we know what type of lock it was?

My point is getting lost, I think.

Summer would've been able to get OUT through the door whether it was locked or unlocked. But she would not be able to lock it again behind her, right? So if it was locked when DW and CW were searching for her, it means she could not have gone out the door because she could not have locked the door again behind her.

My point is getting lost, I think.

Summer would've been able to get OUT through the door whether it was locked or unlocked. But she would not be able to lock it again behind her, right? So if it was locked when DW and CW were searching for her, it means she could not have gone out the door because she could not have locked the door again behind her.

It depends on what kind of lock it was. Some that are in the door knob are unlocked from the inside but automatically stay locked and you can’t get back in.

Not a big thing, I was just wondering we knew because I hadn’t heard.

re doors
There are four scenarios
--Summer left the house through the front door
--Summer left the house through the basement door
--Summer did not leave the house
--Summer was never in the house
Pick one and go from there because logically it can only be one.
moo
I have my suspicion and will discuss it when we are at that point and have info and hopefully she is found!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member