AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This stands out for me:
"We're still working to identify everyone in the area on the afternoon that Summer went missing.”

Yes, I agree. By the PC earlier this week, I was under the impression they had tracked down every driver of every car they saw. I don't think they necessarily said that; I probably misinterpreted what they said.

Also we don't know where the cameras were they checked. They may not have captured every single vehicle that went to or past the Wells house.

Also I had the thought that perhaps someone else who lives out that way and has cameras may be on vacation or out of town since the disappearance and they haven't gotten all the footage they could yet. IIRC the footage that ended up capturing Mollie Tibbetts' killer came in a few weeks after she had gone missing and not immediately after. So I am holding out hope a break in this case is still to come.

So what's the general consensus here on how LE is handling the investigation? IMO they are being as transparent as they can be. I hope they have much more info than they are sharing although I fear that may not be the case.

My heart goes out to everyone involved.

Wasn't around WS yesterday and just caught up, a few thoughts :

For those saying that there aren't windows in the "basement", there are multiple good sized windows including one that contains a window air conditioning unit. Which tells me this basement was used and wasn't like a "dark and scary" basement type situation. People who are tight on money don't pay to run air conditioning in a storage basement. When you consider the first floor only has enough space for only 1-2 bedrooms. It wouldn't surprise me to learn there are bedrooms on that lower level.

Also, there is a manufactured original home on the property. It's not the main house and it's not the camper. The original property records show this house (photo 2 - note to mods these photos are all in MSM or google earth) as the only structure. (Google Maps) This is by using just Rogersville aerial view search instead of the exact address.

You can see where they are in the third photo I haven't seen anyone talk about this but I wonder if it was used. If the kids hung out or played in it. There appears to be motorbikes in the news photo near it (and the news took photo 2 recently so it's still there)

Summer could have decided to leave the current house and go over there for some reason. Maybe to retrieve a toy left there or something?

I know abduction isn't a common line of thinking around here but that manufactured original home would provide a great place for an abductor to have been out-of-sight but watching. Especially with it being close to the driveway that leads to the road.

Attachments

• IMG_9157.jpeg
    IMG_9157.jpeg
    131.2 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_9161.JPG
    IMG_9161.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_9269.jpeg
    IMG_9269.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
It seems like they have certain areas they are zeroed in with the searching going on. Now maybe that is just because they want to start at the home and move out from there.

It could be because they received a credible tip about an area like "I saw a vehicle out in this wooded area at an odd time of night or in a weird area for a vehicle" and are checking based on that. This is just speculation - I'm not saying they have a tip saying this. But if they did have a similar type of tip, I doubt they would share that with us or the media.

For those saying that there aren't windows in the "basement", there are multiple good sized windows including one that contains a window air conditioning unit. Which tells me this basement was used and wasn't like a "dark and scary" basement type situation. People who are tight on money don't pay to run air conditioning in a storage basement. When you consider the first floor only has enough space for only 1-2 bedrooms. It wouldn't surprise me to learn there are bedrooms on that lower level.

Also, there is a manufactured home on the property. It's not the main house and it's not the camper. The original property records show this house (photo 2 - note to mods these photos are all in MSM or google earth) as the only structure.

You can see where they are in the third photo I haven't seen anyone talk about this but I wonder if it was used. If the kids hung out or played in it. There appears to be motorbikes in the news photo near it.

Summer could have decided to leave the main house and go over there for some reason. Maybe to retrieve a toy left there or something?

I know abduction isn't a common line of thinking around here but that manufactured home would provide a great place for an abductor to have been out-of-sight but watching. Especially with it being close to the driveway that leads to the road.
The second pic (original house, lean to) has an a/c
unit, also..it looks like they used it..
Eta looks like at least a couple a/c units..

David Dotson, a family friend of the Wells, told News Channel 11 that Summer’s three older brothers have had a difficult time coping with the negativity from other people online and in-person

Dotson attends church with the family and says he was called to the Wells’ property on the night Summer went missing.

Family friend says parents, brothers of Summer Wells have had difficult time since her disappearance | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather
i can't imagine how people are treating the family. i know people are probably contacting each member of the family directly to say nasty stuff. and if the boys are out in public with the dad they may get ugly looks. these kids don't deserve that at all.

i can't imagine how people are treating the family. i know people are probably contacting each member of the family directly to say nasty stuff. and if the boys are out in public with the dad they may get ugly looks. these kids don't deserve that at all.

I cant think of an acceptable reason for any adult to vent their opinions to or in front of the kids, but I also can't understand why there is an opportunity for anyone to expose the kids. They should be protected from this.

Also, there is a manufactured home on the property. It's not the main house and it's not the camper. The original property records show this house (photo 2 - note to mods these photos are all in MSM or google earth) as the only structure.

You can see where they are in the third photo I haven't seen anyone talk about this but I wonder if it was used. If the kids hung out or played in it. There appears to be motorbikes in the news photo near it.

Summer could have decided to leave the main house and go over there for some reason. Maybe to retrieve a toy left there or something?

I know abduction isn't a common line of thinking around here but that manufactured home would provide a great place for an abductor to have been out-of-sight but watching. Especially with it being close to the driveway that leads to the road.

@bellyup can you provide a link to the source for the Ariel view you posted?

Reminder in general to posters: WS requires links in posts with images due to copyright protection.

BTW: here is a fly-over from yesterday. I wonder if that manufactured home is still on the property? I don’t see it on the current Google Earth view so I am not sure.

Current Google Earth (Attached image of photo at Google Earth Link)

Google Earth

Attachments

• D087AEA0-F337-42F3-9C9E-166533D44DAF.jpeg
    D087AEA0-F337-42F3-9C9E-166533D44DAF.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 100
So what's the general consensus here on how LE is handling the investigation? IMO they are being as transparent as they can be. I hope they have much more info than they are sharing although I fear that may not be the case.

I agree with you. I think they're coming up short and struggling to find evidence, and they looked desperate and stressed out during yesterday's briefing. But it seems like they're throwing every available resource at this, so I don't think they're doing anything wrong.

Reminder in general to posters: WS requires links in posts with images due to copyright protection.

BTW: here is a fly-over from yesterday. I wonder if that manufactured home is still on the property? I don’t see it on the current Google Earth view so I am not sure.

Google Earth

It is the white image under the trees, lower right in the photo you attached.

Great question! There don't appear to be any windows in the basement. Why would she sit down in a dark basement and play on a beautiful summer day? I wonder if she maybe went to sit outside the door with her toys, but then I guess the toys would still be sitting there.

We played in our basement in the summer growing up because it was cool!

“Mom is devastated,” Dotson said. “Mom does not want to leave the house. She’s like ‘if Summer comes back, if she happens to wander back up, I want to be here.”

Family friend says parents, brothers of Summer Wells have had difficult time since her disappearance | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Interesting.

It is the white image under the trees, lower right in the photo you attached.

I thought that might be the camper but I honestly don’t know.

Google Earth

Linked added. It's if you put in Rogersville TN aerial view vs the exact address, so you have to zoom into it. It was taken at a different time.

The manufactured home is still there because the news recently photophraphed it which is the picture posted (WGHL I believe, but I can find the source)

Agree, that is my fear that they don't have much. She's still missing, nothing being said, no requests really. I have no problem with not sharing info however I just really hope they HAVE info. IMO

We played in our basement in the summer growing up because it was cool!

Also a good point.. and it is June. I must be biased because I think I've only ever lived in two houses with basements, and I thought both of them were haunted, haha. I never would've played down there. The picture from the side also shows windows. I'd only seen a picture from the back where there are none.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi