AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
“Yesterday, I took them to the putt-putt golf course here in Kingsport, just to try to let them have a peaceful day away from the search and rescue teams going on their property and the agents coming up,” Dotson said. “There was someone that made a comment that wasn’t very polite.”
Family friend says parents, brothers of Summer Wells have had difficult time since her disappearance

the BBM upsets me to no end. Praying for Summer's brothers. They should not have to go through this. Their lives have been thrown into chaos, their sister is missing, home is probably nothing like they recognize right now, mom and dad are most likely very wrapped up in the emotions behind all that, and whoever was rude or insensitive towards them should be ashamed. JMO

I can't imagine growing up in today's world with all the lack of privacy; where the hateful words of other people has become "the norm." Some people have become "chronological adults" by getting older but their emotional, compassionate and spiritual nature never developed along with their bodies. I'm so glad their pastor took the boys out yesterday for some fun. The boys' smiles looked so genuine in the photos. Redundant but... God bless that man and may more like him be a support for the family in the coming days.

Mother had went for a walk? That's the first I've heard of that being mentioned. I can see why TBI is calling events leading up to her disappearance 'unclear.'
That was my first thought also, but both parents called 911 separate to each other, so that could just be DW misquoting or mishearing what CW told him.

LISTEN: Emergency scanner traffic from night Summer Wells went missing, 911 calls not released | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Below is a transcription of the audio as authorities were called to Summer’s home on Ben Hill Road, courtesy of Broadcastify.

“You be in route to 110 one-one-zero Ben Hill Road off of Beech Creek it will the first resident on your right, in reference to a missing 4-year old. The parents have called in advised that the mother had went for a walk, came home and now they can’t find her, they have been yelling for her, she has been gone for about ten minutes now.”

Ok so now we can discuss this. It's bugged me ever since I heard it. So either there were crossed wires or someone isn't telling the truth. It's not the age that bothers me it's the "had went for a walk" and "she's been gone for about 10 minutes part". Considering LE are still saying it's unclear they seem to be having the same problem we are, and they have access to much more than we do. Someone still isn't telling the truth, but who?

LISTEN: Emergency scanner traffic from night Summer Wells went missing, 911 calls not released | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Below is a transcription of the audio as authorities were called to Summer’s home on Ben Hill Road, courtesy of Broadcastify.

“You be in route to 110 one-one-zero Ben Hill Road off of Beech Creek it will the first resident on your right, in reference to a missing 4-year old. The parents have called in advised that the mother had went for a walk, came home and now they can’t find her, they have been yelling for her, she has been gone for about ten minutes now.”

Thanks for the link. Now that it is in the MSM it can be discussed. Here is the thing. This is a dispatcher's voice relaying second hand the info received from (I THINK) DW when he phoned 911 after getting call from CW about Summer being missing.

MOO this is an instance of paraphrasing another, who also paraphrased still another's words about what happened. Big old game of telephone is what I see here and nothing more.

I suspect it goes something like this: CW calls DW in a panic, can't find Summer. When I walked back up to house she wasn't where I thought she was, can't find her anywhere. DW calls 911 relays that he is not there but working some distance from home and wife just told him she walked back up to house and no Summer. Dispatch then relays to responders Mom came back from walk and no Summer.

again just MOO.

“Yesterday, I took them to the putt-putt golf course here in Kingsport, just to try to let them have a peaceful day away from the search and rescue teams going on their property and the agents coming up,” Dotson said. “There was someone that made a comment that wasn’t very polite.”
Family friend says parents, brothers of Summer Wells have had difficult time since her disappearance

the BBM upsets me to no end. Praying for Summer's brothers. They should not have to go through this. Their lives have been thrown into chaos, their sister is missing, home is probably nothing like they recognize right now, mom and dad are most likely very wrapped up in the emotions behind all that, and whoever was rude or insensitive towards them should be ashamed. JMO
Yeah that is absolutely inexcusable.

David Dotson, a family friend of the Wells, told News Channel 11 that Summer’s three older brothers have had a difficult time coping with the negativity from other people online and in-person

Dotson attends church with the family and says he was called to the Wells’ property on the night Summer went missing.

Family friend says parents, brothers of Summer Wells have had difficult time since her disappearance | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

I think it's best if they keep their young children off of the internet at this point and what negativity can they possibly be exposed to in person if they aren't out in public around those that are being negative? I just don't understand why this is necessary for him to even say. They are only exposed to what the parents allow them to be exposed to and to hear.

IMO in a missing child investigation, everything matters, including the background of anyone involved.
Agreed!

Everything Matters!

Let’s not forget this isn’t just about a 5 year old child who “may” have wandered off.

This is about a 5 year old child who may have been abducted, or has somehow become a victim of foul play not related to an abduction. We don’t know.

If we go down the road of foul play EVERYBODY gets looked at whether they like it or not. That’s just the way it is. Criminal histories are researched, backgrounds are researched, alibis are confirmed. You betcha all that stuff matters.

LE has not cleared anyone at this point. LE has not broadcasted the results of any polygraphs and they won’t. All we hear is one side and that is not confirmation of anything.

We can’t look at any case with tunnel vision. We have to look at everything no matter how nasty, upsetting, or horrifying it can be. That’s what LE does and that’s what they are doing here.

At the end of the day what really matters is finding Summer. If that means diving into the backgrounds of everyone close to her to determine suspects and clear others so be it.

Summer needs to be found. That’s what matters.

I dispatched in a previous life. It happens. First of all, second hand information is rarely 100% accurate. Secondly, Dispatchers can't clog up the channel so they relay snipets of information that they deem relevant. Basically sticking with the minimum amount of info the officer needs initially.

The actual 911 call would be more helpful than the dispatch transmissions.

Ok so now we can discuss this. It's bugged me ever since I heard it. So either there were crossed wires or someone isn't telling the truth. It's not the age that bothers me it's the "had went for a walk" and "she's been gone for about 10 minutes part". Considering LE are still saying it's unclear they seem to be having the same problem we are, and they have access to much more than we do. Someone still isn't telling the truth, but who?
Could be that CW originally said ten minutes for fear of making herself look bad but LE has since discovered this to be untrue.

Thanks for the link. Now that it is in the MSM it can be discussed. Here is the thing. This is a dispatcher's voice relaying second hand the info received from (I THINK) DW when he phoned 911 after getting call from CW about Summer being missing.

MOO this is an instance of paraphrasing another, who also paraphrased still another's words about what happened. Big old game of telephone is what I see here and nothing more.

I suspect it goes something like this: CW calls DW in a panic, can't find Summer. When I walked back up to house she wasn't where I thought she was, can't find her anywhere. DW calls 911 relays that he is not there but working some distance from home and wife just told him she walked back up to house and no Summer. Dispatch then relays to responders Mom came back from walk and no Summer.

again just MOO.
Agree.
Two calls to 911 frantic parents and dispatch with a primary mission to get units there.

I dispatched in a previous life. It happens. First of all, second hand information is rarely 100% accurate. Secondly, Dispatchers can't clog up the channel so they relay snipets of information that they deem relevant. Basically sticking with the minimum amount of info the officer needs initially.

The actual 911 call would be more helpful than the dispatch transmissions.

Thanks for your personal insight on this, I have friends who dispatch and I can't imagine myself being able to handle that sort of job. Remaining calm in the face of call after call, some silly, some stupid, and some downright heartbreaking or terrifying. It takes a special person to do that job IMO

again just MOO.

Thanks tclya, now don't I feel like an eejit. Here's me thinking they read out the full coversation 911 was told, I don't know why, most 911 calls are frantic, that would be silly. How long have I been doing this? Do I need to hand my sleuthing card in for a week? :oops:

Finally, I knew I read it somewhere just didn't know if it was okay to discuss. If I found out that it's true, it was said "the mother went for a walk" ... I wanted to comment,
"If Summer missed her mother who had gone for a walk, then Summer may have gone looking for her. ... And that is how a child who "never leaves the hill" might leave the hill."

ETA: I see what others are commenting about this. So... nobody thinks the original report was just that... ie; the mother went for a walk and the child was gone when she got back? (paraphrased)
I know it contradicts what the public is being told now but, this isn't the first time initial reports of missing people are changed somewhat with an explanation never given as to why.

Last edited:
Thanks for finding and sharing this accurate information.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>

I think it's still there and covered by trees in google earth of the address (and wasn't covered by the aerial of the whole town) mostly because the first image here (recently taken by reporters) is NOT the structure built to the side of the house.

There's a door with wooden steps to it that doesn't line up with either door on the main house at all nor have family or police mentioned a third door.

Thanks for your personal insight on this, I have friends who dispatch and I can't imagine myself being able to handle that sort of job. Remaining calm in the face of call after call, some silly, some stupid, and some downright heartbreaking or terrifying. It takes a special person to do that job IMO

It is a difficult job, but also very rewarding. You learn a ton about human behavior. And how to remain calm while digging pertinent details out of frantic callers. Of course, there are calls that stay with you. Some good. Some bad.

I am looking forward to listening to the actual 911 call(s). Though I doubt they will be released while the investigation is still ongoing.

Mother had went for a walk? That's the first I've heard of that being mentioned. I can see why TBI is calling events leading up to her disappearance 'unclear.'
This is not the fathers call to 911, that is not being released. It's the dispatch call, to send an officer.

911 dispatch condenses the information from a 911 complainant, its not the whole story, or exact words, most of the time. If 911 dispatchers repeated the entire story from every call, we would need an army in the 911 center.

The dispatcher says "parents" called, nope it was the father. The dispatcher may have assumed he was at the residence.

The father may have said ...my wife walked over to her mothers and when she got back Summer was gone. Condensed to "mother took a walk".

Moo....and having a scanner all my life running 24/7.

Could be that CW originally said ten minutes for fear of making herself look bad but LE has since discovered this to be untrue.

My guess is, the dispatcher did that math in order to shorten the radio transmission.

DW calls 911, relays what CW said "2 minutes". Taking into account the amount of time DW and CW were on the phone, plus the time on the 911 call... the dispatcher may have added that up to be 10 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member