AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've "what if'd" this six ways to Sunday. Early on, with just the approved media coverage, I was sitting on my hands, HARD. But the longer this goes on, my grip will loosen and then tighten and then loosen again ...

... except for the timeline.

... except for the carefully phrased pressers.

The social media on this case ... it's a sad, glaring optic of where we’re at.
The social media is often misleading.
Occasionally there might be a nugget of truth buried deeply within.
But who has the time -- or even wants -- to sort through it ?

However, the LE pressers are another element entirely.
I'm following their lead !

bbm
In that case it's odd that the family friend would take them out in the public eye ?
I never said anything about the brothers and the internet conversations, just addressing that the focus needs to be on finding Summer and not worrying so much about public opinion.
Hope that clears it up a bit.

Fwiw -- I didn't say the boys should be approached at all, much less to be spoken to impolitely.... or to be allowed to read what anyone is saying online.
I wasn't referring at all to their consumption of internet opinion.

The person speaking out who took them for mini golf was a family friend and not a parent, but still.
I think the kids should be protected from reading about Summers' case at all, no matter what platform (msm news, social media, etc.).
This is where a responsible and caring parent needs to step in !
Imo.
bbm
sorry you felt like you needed to clear that up from my post.
Was just bouncing off yours.
That IMO the carers of these boys don't have to expose them to any of the harrassment or ill feeling out there online.

I was agreeing with you.... adult intervention was the key to my point also.
Sorry !:confused:

moo

Just me and my opinion only....I wouldn't care what people thought of me!!! A dr. Would have to give me a sedative cause I'd be a basket case, then i would go on camera and plead to everyone to help me find my child..all the while crying and having snot come out of my nose!! But that's just me.
bbm
1,000 "Likes" !

Last edited:
bbm
sorry you felt like you needed to clear that up from my post.
Was just bouncing off yours.
That IMO the carers of these boys don't have to expose them to any of the harrassment or ill feeling out there online.

I was agreeing with you.... adult intervention was the key to my point also.
Sorry !:confused:

moo
Oh, no, sorry here as well. :(

I misinterpret posts at times.

I don't want for the boys to be stuck at home, but I almost think it might be wise to remove them to a safe place until LE determine what's best for them, if that makes sense ?
Everyone in that area knows about their missing sister and there are some people who cannot mind their own business.
Imo.

Last edited:
With all due respect to them, shouldn't Summer be the priority here ? Not their wounded feelings over what internet trolls are saying about them ?
Everyone's wired differently, but their continued silence for the most part is concerning.
MOO.
I wish I knew what LE are thinking ?

My .02, if it turns out that there's been foul play and someone's been keeping quiet -- the searchers, and volunteers who brought groceries and supplies to the teams & Summer's family, and most of all LE --- are not going to like it if all of this has been for naught .
Just saying.
MOO.

Was anyone else staying in or visiting the trailer mobile home where grandma was staying? Friend, boyfriend, renter,etc

Could something have happened while swimming? <modsnip>

The changing timeline and circumstances of disappearance make me wonder what they are hiding and who they are protecting....

My opinion only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom & grandmother have given many statements.

Statements are to LE, not to us.

Mom still has to parent three kids. She’s probably doing what she can to stay mentally healthy for them. If she knows she won’t be able to resist peeking at comments grading a TV appearance, she may well be making the best decision for her own mental health.

I’ve formed an opinion of the mother. A televised statement by her isn’t going to alter my opinion.

Last edited:
Everyone's wired differently, but their continued silence for the most part is concerning.
MOO.
I wish I knew what LE are thinking ?

My .02, if it turns out that there's been foul play and someone's been keeping quiet -- the searchers, and volunteers who brought groceries and supplies to the teams & Summer's family, and most of all LE --- are not going to like it if all of this has been for naught .
Just saying.
MOO.

Do you think it plausible TBI is advising the search continue based on some tidbit acquired through investigative tactics?

My answer to my own question is...

YES

While I agree something shady has gone on, I think if mom went on camera, she would get torn apart. And the fact that she isn’t, she gets torn apart.

Even when dad was on camera, there were so many comments on here of people tearing apart everything he was saying and saying he should stop talking so much.

There is no right answer. She would be wrong in both cases. She also has other children to take care of and she has already been ridiculed. I’m not saying I wouldn’t anyway to bring awareness, but I don’t think she’s wrong in saying people would troll her.

While I agree something shady has gone on, I think if mom went on camera, she would get torn apart. And the fact that she isn’t, she gets torn apart.

Even when dad was on camera, there were so many comments on here of people tearing apart everything he was saying and saying he should stop talking so much.

There is no right answer. She would be wrong in both cases. She also has other children to take care of and she has already been ridiculed. I’m not saying I wouldn’t anyway to bring awareness, but I don’t think she’s wrong in saying people would troll her.
Damned if you do damned if you don't.

Looking at a pic of the house I see a pup. Is this a current pic? Does the family have a dog/dogs? I only ask because usually dogs will follow their people, especially their little people. And usually dogs will bark if an unknown car drives up. It's pretty much what you keep them for in the country in my experience and opinion.

Can anyone show me an example of when a child has been returned because the parents did a presser pleading for their safe return? Because honestly I can't think of one.
ETA: I do realise it's also about generating public awareness, but this case has had plenty of media coverage.

Looking at a pic of the house I see a pup. Is this a current pic? Does the family have a dog/dogs? I only ask because usually dogs will follow their people, especially their little people. And usually dogs will bark if an unknown car drives up. It's pretty much what you keep them for in the country in my experience and opinion.
Yes they have a few.

Just to clarify, because things get muddled together after a while...

TBI has been asking people to check thier property/outbuildings since the 6/16 press conference.

Same press conference where Leslie stated "last seen outside of her home in the 100 block of Ben Hill Rd"

This is the press conference which followed the elevation from Endangered to Amber (state wide). When asked to expand on the reasons behind the elevation, Leslie stated she can't get into specifics however they had reason to believe Summer was in imminent danger. Not just, "hey, keep an eye out because she may be in danger". Rather, "we need to find her right now and we're sending an alert across the entire state".

Point is, they aren't now asking people to check their property because of new information. They have been asking from the beginning.

I have been waiting for this to come out in MSM. Thank you. So, she's reported as 4 when she's actually 5. Fair enough. Scared etc. BUT!!!! , It said the mother went for a walk???? What happened with the "PLANTING OF THE FLOWERS" It could be an error but this is the one main thing that causes me some issues. IMO

It sounds like the mother was the last to see the child. We have one story where the mother when for a walk, returned and the child was gone. We have another story where the mother was planting in the garden with the child, the child went into the house - where the boys were playing video games - the child went to the basement. The basement door is unlocked.

At this point, it sounds like one story at the time the child was reported missing, a different story a few days later. Who knows what really happened when the people who were there don't seem to remember what happened.

Hello friend. : )

Yes, get whatever family hounds exist out in the search. Maybe nothing comes of it, but it's worth a try.

A lot of time has gone by, but there is still the tiniest bit of hope the little gumdrop is still amongst us. I hope that all resources are deployed this weekend, and that the search radius is extended. We don't know the circumstances of why or how the child left, and it shouldn't be discounted that she may be hiding. 10 days is a very, very long time for a child to hide, but it's not out of the question. Look beyond the current search radius. Little ones can surprise us by how much ground they can cover, and quickly.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just me and my opinion only....I wouldn't care what people thought of me!!! A dr. Would have to give me a sedative cause I'd be a basket case, then i would go on camera and plead to everyone to help me find my child..all the while crying and having snot come out of my nose!! But that's just me.
Exactly!!!! Because it’s not about you.

Can anyone show me an example of when a child has been returned because the parents did a presser pleading for their safe return? Because honestly I can't think of one.
ETA: I do realise it's also about generating public awareness, but this case has had plenty of media coverage.
JMOO I think it's because stranger abductions are extremely rare and most abductions turn out to be crimes committed by someone known to the child, not a stranger. So in that context it's unlikely a parent's plea will bring the child home.

But I get your point. I think what some of us are saying is social media be damned. If there's even only one tiny possibility the child was abducted and only one tiny possibility that going on camera and pleading for their return would work then we'd take those odds every time, no matter what trash strangers on social media post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member