AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep thinking back to when I was a kid, and enjoyed playing in the woods behind our house. Immediately behind our house, there was an old, very overgrown garden plot full of briars. One day I noticed what seemed to be a trail going through the briars, making a low tunnel of sorts. Being curious, I squatted down and went into the tunnel. The trail wound around, went down a short but steep hill, then opened up into a small opening surrounded by trees. It amazed me. I'd found my own little secret spot in the world. In reality, the area was actually surrounded by houses that were behind the trees, and my parents knew exactly where I was, but I enjoyed having that quiet little spot all to myself. I think part of it was knowing that my parents couldn't have crawled through that briar tunnel. It was too low and narrow for adults. That spot was ALL MINE. :D I pretty much stayed "in trouble" when I was a kid (I had very strong opinions and didn't hesitate to voice them! LOL!), and my sister and I constantly butted heads, so that spot became my own little "escape".

From the video of her dancing in the rain, Summer reminds me a lot of myself when I was that age. Tomboy, free-spirited, curious, nature-loving, didn't care about being muddy or wet, etc.

I wonder if Summer found a "secret" place like I did, for enjoyment and/or perhaps as a quiet spot to get away from sibling squabbles, etc. If so, her parents may not have even known about it, especially if Summer had recently discovered it.

What if she went there, got distracted by a pretty rock or an animal, or perhaps even fell asleep, then before she realized it, it got dark? Would she stay put, or would she try to go home? Me, at that age, I'd probably try to go home in the dark, knowing that the longer I was gone, the more upset my parents would be with me for staying out so late (understandably). I wouldn't have realized it would be safer for me to stay put until morning.

The terrain here (Chattanooga area) isn't quite as rugged as it appears to be in her area, but even here, there are places where it would be soooo easy to make a mis-step or trip over a root or rock, and slide down a hill into the underbrush. If you were injured to the point where you couldn't call out, or if you were afraid to call out, it would make it difficult for searchers to find you because of the underbrush. :( There are also holes, caves, deep ditches, rocky/root-y creeks, etc. ... all of which could potentially make a person (especially a small child) difficult to find.

I'm still hoping for a miracle, but it's sure not looking good. :(
Howdy neighbor I too am in Chattanooga . Praying they find this sweetheart!

SEARCH FOR SUMMER: A South Carolina advertising agency is using its billboards to help spread the word about missing Rogersville 5-year-old Summer Utah-Moon Wells.

safe_image.php

Myrtle Beach, SC advertising agency spreads word about missing Summer Wells with 20 billboards | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

Here’s the thing….if family is not involved in Summer’s disappearance LE will tell us that. I have followed other cases where families were getting trashed and LE came out and said they were not considered suspects and then everyone moved on.

In this case, LE has neither confirmed or denied any family involvement.

So that’s where we are. As long as LE continues on the path of neither confirming or denying pretty much everything, we will continue to side-eye family because it appears that LE is doing the same.

If they are NOT INVOLVED LE needs to tell us otherwise, nothing is going to change in the discussion.

MOO
It seems LE can not yet rule out the family. Maybe, like us, they just don't know what happened.

Agatha Christie wrote a book about the pressure on anyone ever involved in an unsolved mystery; "Ordeal by Innocence."

Here’s the thing….if family is not involved in Summer’s disappearance LE will tell us that. I have followed other cases where families were getting trashed and LE came out and said they were not considered suspects and then everyone moved on.

So that’s where we are. As long as LE continues on the path of neither confirming or denying pretty much everything, we will continue to side-eye family because it appears that LE is doing the same.

If they are NOT INVOLVED LE needs to tell us otherwise, nothing is going to change in the discussion.

MOO
bbm
Ita.
Esp. the bolded.
But I think they're not going to do this, and I have my own speculation as to why this is.
I am going to wait for LE to do their thing.

Everyone (here in this thread) has been remarkably fair in regards to the family, especially considering the circumstances of LE saying at the beginning of Summer's case, that nothing is ruled out and everyone is considered a poi !
Powerful words from LE.
As well as LE being very tight-lipped.

We are a compassionate group.
Hoping for a break soon.
Wish Summer was alive but it's not looking very realistic. :(
Imo.

MOO
From everything I’ve seen here, it’s clear to me that law enforcement has suspicions regarding the family. That of course does not mean that they are correct, but it’s obvious that is an angle they are actively exploring.

I remember during the Gannon Stauch case, law enforcement also discussed there being a “parallel investigation,” one that was traveling down two roads, foul play and that of a lost child.

Of course in that one, they were positive that the former occurred, but didn’t want to tip their hand.

Every case is different, and every law enforcement agency is different. That being said, I’d be very surprised if this did not involve foul play.

There are a lot of red flags here.

From everything I’ve seen here, it’s clear to me that law enforcement has suspicions regarding the family. That of course does not mean that they are correct, but it’s obvious that is an angle they are actively exploring.

I remember during the Gannon Stauch case, law enforcement also discussed there being a “parallel investigation,” one that was traveling down two roads, foul play and that of a lost child.

Of course in that one, they were positive that the former occurred, but didn’t want to tip their hand.

Every case is different, and every law enforcement agency is different. That being said, I’d be very surprised if this did not involve foul play.

I have thought about that case a lot too. I just remember how tight lipped LE was at each press conference and it felt frustrating to feel like maybe they had nothing. But they did, and they knew all along. That's what keeps me encouraged that this will be figured out, too.

Not saying that this will have a similar outcome or accusing anyone. I just feel that they know a lot more than they can say at this time. Jmo

With the number of agencies involved in the massive searches over the past week, I fear little Summer may never be found. But IF she is found deceased, there's the possibility that COD might not be established given the time frame, unless obvious and depending upon where she is found. If foul play were to be determined, there's also the fact that the perpetrator might not be ascertained.

I do hope that the secondary investigation is leading somewhere that agencies are keeping to themselves.

This case is so heartbreaking.....

Yes and with TBI, the FBI and the Sheriff all investigating (over 71 agencies) I trust they will get to the bottom of what happened to little Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member