AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this may have been posted earlier and I missed it but reward has been upped to $50k

ETA: ugh I suck at posting links but it was from Nick Beres NC5 (nashville news station) facebook page

I'm having a hard time understanding why the Sheriff is not promoting this, not even mentioned by him.

If everything is in the table, this surely would create more tips and someone could come forward.

That's a question I wish media would ask the Sheriff.,

MOO....

I also don't think DW or CB are book smart or particularity savvy, so some of what they say and do are being looked at through a lens of experience the Wells' don't have. MOO

Not saying DW is a saint, but I can see how saying "she apologized" may not be gaslighting. I can also see where it could be.

Not condoning DV in any capacity, and having been a victim of it myself I can see the red flags, but I am also trying to keep an open mind.

The condensed version from DW. The story might sound very different coming from CW.
I'm sure you're right.There are always two sides to every story. We know she's been talking to the DA without him there to correct or filter. I'm so glad to know that -- for several reasons.

These threads are filled with DV, so much so that too much time spent on WS or violent TV interferes with my sleep. I protect myself.

Everyone here has an individual background filled with different stories -- and they're all different from the one unfolding in Hawkins County right now. Our own background colors the way each sees everything. Someone with a blessed life of no DV may see an action as innocent while it raises dread and fear from those who have suffered.

Only the ending will tell us which is right. Or if the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Mod Note:

It has been a long week with high emotions as each of you have expressed care, concern and the desire to see Summer returned home safely. This is the point in threads where stress and frustration can begin to get the best of us. If you feel a knee jerk need to respond to a post, pause for a moment before clicking “post reply”.

Bickering amongst posters does not help bring Summer home, doesn’t help find answers to what happened, and creates thread cleanups.

Thanks Everyone,
Tiff

I also don't think DW or CB are book smart or particularity savvy, so some of what they say and do are being looked at through a lens of experience the Wells' don't have. MOO

Not saying DW is a saint, but I can see how saying "she apologized" may not be gaslighting. I can also see where it could be.

Not condoning DV in any capacity, and having been a victim of it myself I can see the red flags, but I am also trying to keep an open mind.

I just keep thinking of how often the abused become the abuser and how this could have impacted this whole situation.

Donald Wells told the Times News that before the October arrest he was working in Park City, Utah, and his plan at the time was to sell his home in Hawkins County and move there where he could make more money.

He said that he called his wife from his sister’s home during a party, and he believes his wife heard a female (his sister) laughing in the background and assumed the worst. Wells said his wife then attempted to make him jealous, and he immediately drove back to Hawkins County from Utah, which resulted in the Oct. 14 confrontation.

Wells said that after he and his wife were able to calm down and speak together, they realized there had been some misunderstandings on both sides and they reconciled and agreed they wanted to stay in Tennessee.

“We discussed all this, and we were both thinking in totally different directions,” Donald Wells said. “We were able to figure it all out. That order of protection, it was just a fight between me and her and her friends and her mother. They knew I had the black powder pistol in my glove box, and they used that against me.”
Sorry I didn't mean that I didn't understand what was said, I meant that he makes no sense as it sounds like a very distorted record of events where he is the victim of his wife's hostility and vindication, like B.S. MOO

Donald Wells told the Times News that before the October arrest he was working in Park City, Utah, and his plan at the time was to sell his home in Hawkins County and move there where he could make more money.

He said that he called his wife from his sister’s home during a party, and he believes his wife heard a female (his sister) laughing in the background and assumed the worst. Wells said his wife then attempted to make him jealous, and he immediately drove back to Hawkins County from Utah, which resulted in the Oct. 14 confrontation.

Wells said that after he and his wife were able to calm down and speak together, they realized there had been some misunderstandings on both sides and they reconciled and agreed they wanted to stay in Tennessee.

“We discussed all this, and we were both thinking in totally different directions,” Donald Wells said. “We were able to figure it all out. That order of protection, it was just a fight between me and her and her friends and her mother. They knew I had the black powder pistol in my glove box, and they used that against me.”

Thank you for the transcription.

I'd just like to point out that after this argument, he abandoned his plans to move to Utah like he wanted to. Just makes me go HMMM

I'd also like to point out that it's customary for siblings of a missing child to be removed by CPS if either they or the police suspect domestic violence is an issue. They haven't.

From everything I’ve seen here, it’s clear to me that law enforcement has suspicions regarding the family. That of course does not mean that they are correct, but it’s obvious that is an angle they are actively exploring.

I remember during the Gannon Stauch case, law enforcement also discussed there being a “parallel investigation,” one that was traveling down two roads, foul play and that of a lost child.

Of course in that one, they were positive that the former occurred, but didn’t want to tip their hand.

Every case is different, and every law enforcement agency is different. That being said, I’d be very surprised if this did not involve foul play.

There are a lot of red flags here.
Yes, yes. So much unclear to us. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a hard time understanding why the Sheriff is not promoting this, not even mentioned by him.

If everything is in the table, this surely would create more tips and someone could come forward.

MOO....
I found it odd too, but then I realized a sizable reward might encourage well meaning adventurous sorts to try to either go a find her or "Crack the case" by either putting themselves and/or others in harm's way or inundating the tip line with BS rumor and wild speculation arrived at via social media thereby taking manpower from something more credible and likely to bear fruit.

LE has been adamant that they don't want volunteers willy nilly traipsing through the woods and hurting themselves. and they have made several comments about social media and speculation/rumors that don't make their job of sifting through tips any easier.

Just my guess tho.

If you listen to what he actually said, he took responsibility for what happened, and that it was all due to miscommunication on his part and that she apologized for her part.

MOO....

Is it being offered through Crimestoppers or an organization affiliated with LE? Generally, if there is an LE sanctioned reward, it will be tied into a program like that.

If you listen to what he actually said, he took responsibility for what happened, and that it was all due to miscommunication on his part and that she apologized for her part.

That does not excuse the fact that DV occured. He was arrested and charged with it. That is a fact. There is no excuse or whitewashing.

MOO

One theory or wonder I have is if something accidental happened to cause a death and people panicked and wanted to cover it up. I am not accusing anyone of anything, just something that has been on my mind and has happened in other cases before. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee