Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted today:

WVLT News Story and Some Thoughts (findsummerwells.com)

"We like to thank Erica Lunsford (and Jacob cameraman?) and WVLT for coming to the house. We've been asked about the video and Sheriff Lawson statements. We fully support Sheriff Lawson and his office as Sheriff of Hawkins County."

DW: "We don't know if that was Summer. We don't know if the dog trail is truly part of her disappearance. We do know that Summer never would have gone down that trail on her own."

see link above for more

Don Wells invited WVLT to his home, sharing where and how he believes Summer Wells was abducted.
Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing (wvlt.tv)

DW: "We know many think we had something to do with Summer missing, but they have not been with us when grief overtakes us, or the horrible thoughts that torment all night of where our little girl is and is she being tormented or abused. There are no words for the depth of those mind battles adn nightmares which have nearly broke us completely many times. Unfortunately, it was during those weak horrible times that I would get online and say crazy things. But the agony was more than I or Candus could bare. I try to protect her. But I also was fighting to keep her from breaking beyond repair. No one knows us really. They mostly just have my crazy talk late at night and judge from that. Grief and fear are horrible to both have."

From - WVLT News Story and Some Thoughts (findsummerwells.com)

It is, but then I think of Jayme Closs, who a predator spotted at a bus stop and decided he needed to kidnap her. She was none the wiser the whole time and he was completely unknown to her.
Right but he spotted her alone, at her house… pretty different scenario. I don’t contend that it’s impossible but to stick to the theory that has the lowest statistical chance of possibility feels so ignorant and so much is being swept under the rug to continue to see that series of events.

They drove so much though, a predator would have had to driven so many miles following them til they got home… and then wait around for a good chunk of time while the family settled in and planted flowers etc.

Also, didn’t summer not go into any of the stops? It’s such a stretch.
I was wondering if Summer needed a bathroom stop or perhaps went behind a tree before/after swimming?

As of midnight, an electronic billboard for Summer is now up in Kingsport. Two pictures of Summer, along with a message and phone # display every 8 seconds. A group led by 423Chase and Crackin Cases (Cam and Alli) raised the money for the board, with the help of an anonymous donor. Hopefully there will be an upcoming picture in the local media.
Those two are pretty special. I meant to follow them on tube. They work straight from their hearts! Impressive.

Right but he spotted her alone, at her house… pretty different scenario. I don’t contend that it’s impossible but to stick to the theory that has the lowest statistical chance of possibility feels so ignorant and so much is being swept under the rug to continue to see that series of events.
What statistics are you referencing?

I am not married to any particular theory because we have so little to work with in this case and it is possible that what we do have is worthless.

Let's say SW got lost in the woods and has not been found, for example. If that happened, then it wouldn't matter if CB had taken SW to every store in Kingsport. It wouldn't matter if CB also knew the exact times they went to all those places.

I do think it is possible that nothing that happened in Kingsport matters as far as SW's disappearance goes... LE sort of acts that way as far as i can tell.

But, then i think that if authorities really believed she wandered into the woods, they would have kept looking until they found her. Because if she did it, even if she could walk much farther than we think, that is still going to be at most ten miles.

I am not saying that is your theory so please don't take it that way. But, i think if someone went with statistics, that would rate highly.

But, if this is a random abduction, it is exactly the same as Jayme. Someone spotted Summer alone, at (or near) her house and took her. IMO

"Tennessee law enforcement has recovered 150 missing children after a months-long investigation."

"In all of 2020, a total of 387 children were recovered with assistance from US Marshals."

"Efforts to find the remaining 90 missing children in Tennessee will continue, TBI spokesman Josh DeVine said."

Operation finds 150 missing children in Tennessee

My note: I assume Summer is one of the 90 still missing?

"Tennessee law enforcement has recovered 150 missing children after a months-long investigation."

"In all of 2020, a total of 387 children were recovered with assistance from US Marshals."

"Efforts to find the remaining 90 missing children in Tennessee will continue, TBI spokesman Josh DeVine said."

Operation finds 150 missing children in Tennessee

My note: I assume Summer is one of the 90 still missing?

She wasn't even missing when this was published.

Yeah, Mobile Al WKRG returned my call. They will possibly do a story on Summer, I need to send them media articles and such, along with any comments. Please give me suggestions here, I won't be able to do this today, will be tonight or tomorrow.

I want to stick to facts only, and getting her picture out there. There are good suggestions here, I'll take anything ya'll have.

TIA
Send them the analysis of hs interview
I'm expecting it will come into the forthcoming Dr Phil
show and lots of people are interested in that.
Send link to family website and their U-tube channel, both classy.
You could bring up the story of the awful harassment and bullying this family was subjected to- that is a story in itself, worthy of exploring.

What exactly is being swept under the rug by the ignorant folks? Allegations that have not been substantiated by LE? Allegations that have no charges to back them up? Allegations from the heart of social media and YT?

Allabouttrial said:
Behaviour Panel to do an analysis of DW tonight. 17.30 UK time, no clue what the US times are :p. It's in 1 hours time though so....

Approved link.

AbbeyBabbey said:
Main takeaways:
1. DW is not being deceptive when he denies involvement in Summer's disappearance.
2. No deception in his denials about the SA allegations. (although, he may have subsequently threatened his accusers)
For me, it's just confirmation of what some of us have known all along.
MOO

Ran drugs from Mexico, but awww shucks didn't know anything about meth. ;) Admitted to SA before and victim blamed but denies it now. Was sent to prison for no good reason. Mostly Whaaaaat?????????
I'm so sorry! I missed your post addressing me.
I tried to pay close attention but I must have missed a lot from the interview we are discussing.
Here's the video again.
Can you please point me to the specific time stamps where these things where addressed so that I can get caught up? Sometimes I forget things or don't pay close enough attention but am grateful when others do.

Dr. Phil maybe can help DW and CB in some way. Idk how, but he might. Sometimes if he doesn't have the particular expertise that is required, he calls in a guest who does. I have only seen a few episodes, but once he sent some women to a medical doctor, for example.

Dr. Phil maybe can help DW and CB in some way. Idk how, but he might. Sometimes if he doesn't have the particular expertise that is required, he calls in a guest who does. I have only seen a few episodes, but once he sent some women to a medical doctor, for example.
I wonder if the invitation to appear on the show was extended to CH?
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member