AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I understand everything, they did use dogs and the dogs followed her scent to the edge of the property and then there was nothing. Was it ever stated what edge of the property?
I think it was clarified but to be quite honest with you the place confuses me completely, I cannot make head nor tail of the layout.
I have no idea whether that Sheriff has ever visited it either. LE were there lot immediately and several times subsequently, allegedly but I don't know if he was there himself. The edge could be anywhere.

ETA there are some videos made by a nice young couple who visit with them from time to time, I can't remember their names... place looked different after they made their vids but I still can't understand it and there's no point in trying to follow Don's instructions, they will take you to every planet on the galaxy except earth.. that's my experience anyway.

So if I understand everything, they did use dogs and the dogs followed her scent to the edge of the property and then there was nothing. Was it ever stated what edge of the property?

Don is the only one who has said this. LE has not confirmed to my knowledge. FWIW, I believe he's as correct as he can be. It's the path that runs almost directly from the basement door down to Ben Hill Rd.

It's marked on @skibaboo 's case map. Summer Wells, Rogersville TN June 15th 2021 - Google My Maps

Not directed at anyone specifically but I've been wanting to ask this for a while and would appreciate any help.

Has anyone put together a list of the supposed conflicts (sometimes referred to as "lies") in statements made by the Wells? Or a side-by-side comparison of what LE has said vs what the Wells have said? Not looking for analysis or opinions on television shows, YT or FB. Just want facts. "Law says"/"Wells say" type stuff where what is said by the parties is in obvious conflict with what the other party says/said.

If we/someone took the initiative to do that, we might be able to dispel some of the rumors, accusations, innuendo, interpretations, etc and then we'd having something solid to debate.

I'll start. (copying Tiff's quote.)

Excerpt 4 in article Sheriff:
Sheriff Lawson spoke about the drug activity in that area of Rogersville, saying it’s not a hotspot.

“I’ve heard rumors of there is maybe a drug dealer on that road, but it’s just like anywhere... Ben Hill Road isn’t any different than any other road in Hawkins or any other county or even Knox County. We all have drug problems, but no that’s not that problem, that’s not correct either. No, it’s a dead-end road, so there’s very little traffic, if any,” shared Lawson.

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing

From the same article:
While walking down the steep trail, Don Wells said the area near their home has a history of drug activity.

“Well, you get all kinds with the drug trade and there are... you know…. We’ve seen quite a bit of stuff surrounding the meth thing. We had them parked in.... Our neighbors caught them parked at our road, in the driveway in the middle of the night, or early in the morning. Stuff like that and run them off, and get mad. They’d raise cane. We’d had quite a bit of problems out of them, but since we’d been all over them and everything with camera crews and whatever, it’s quiet down a lot. But it was pretty bad for quite a while,” said Wells."
================================================
Item to debate:
Does the experience of living there for many years/eye witness accounts carry more weight or does what the Sheriff reports (probably based on his knowledge of calls to the area) about drug trafficking on the dead-end road sound more likely? (taking into consideration that we are 100% LE supportive here, of course) Do they simply have a difference of opinion based on personal experience?
Most importantly: Does this have something to do with Summer being missing?

Item to debate:
Does the experience of living there for many years/eye witness accounts carry more weight or does what the Sheriff reports (probably based on his knowledge of calls to the area) about drug trafficking on the dead-end road sound more likely? (taking into consideration that we are 100% LE supportive here, of course) Do they simply have a difference of opinion based on personal experience?
No we don't have a list because LE have told us virtually nothing.

The drug trafficking discussion I would assume would go something like - Why would the drug traffickers target the Wells and specifically Summer?

The boys were home alone that day. They could have taken any one of them.

Although, I do think this has already been discussed many threads ago.

Not directed at anyone specifically but I've been wanting to ask this for a while and would appreciate any help.

Has anyone put together a list of the supposed conflicts (sometimes referred to as "lies") in statements made by the Wells? Or a side-by-side comparison of what LE has said vs what the Wells have said? Not looking for analysis or opinions on television shows, YT or FB. Just want facts. "Law says"/"Wells say" type stuff where what is said by the parties is in obvious conflict with what the other party says/said.

If we/someone took the initiative to do that, we might be able to dispel some of the rumors, accusations, innuendo, interpretations, etc and then we'd having something solid to debate.

Sheriff Lawson spoke about the drug activity in that area of Rogersville, saying it’s not a hotspot.

“I’ve heard rumors of there is maybe a drug dealer on that road, but it’s just like anywhere... Ben Hill Road isn’t any different than any other road in Hawkins or any other county or even Knox County. We all have drug problems, but no that’s not that problem, that’s not correct either. No, it’s a dead-end road, so there’s very little traffic, if any,” shared Lawson.

Father of missing five-year-old Summer Wells shows trail where he believes his daughter went missing

From the same article:
While walking down the steep trail, Don Wells said the area near their home has a history of drug activity.

“Well, you get all kinds with the drug trade and there are... you know…. We’ve seen quite a bit of stuff surrounding the meth thing. We had them parked in.... Our neighbors caught them parked at our road, in the driveway in the middle of the night, or early in the morning. Stuff like that and run them off, and get mad. They’d raise cane. We’d had quite a bit of problems out of them, but since we’d been all over them and everything with camera crews and whatever, it’s quiet down a lot. But it was pretty bad for quite a while,” said Wells."
Item to debate:
DW doesn't speak ill of LE.
That is something that surprises me, I reckon by now that if he hated them he would have said it.

I think if Sheriff Lawson had a chance in hell, he would have charged DW with being responsible for SW's disappearance before now.
He has not.
Also CARD were probably in charge. I have been thinking about why and when Summer's parents became suspects a la internet?

I know it often happens with missing children, people almost immediately start blaming the parents whether LE has cleared them or not. I find it to be egregious when I consider how much the bereft parents are suffering and exposing themselves at their most vulnerable. It must hurt like hell.

There's only one problem- Find Summer!
Anything else is merely a macabre side show.

I don't know anybody with a perfect life and a perfect marriage. I really do not. There seems to be a struggle, ultimately in relationships. Some people don't mind it, they're content in themselves. They don't have high expectations of their significant other Like a pair of old worn slippers..

I think D and C are living in limbo, there is always an element of hope, no matter how much time passes, hope that she might still be alive. If that status changes for the worse, it could be an entirely different story.
For now, I will not add to their troubles because words hurt vulnerable people.

From the same article:

Item to debate:

Your post has many parts and I will just answer this part: "Law says"/"Wells say" type stuff."

As I recall, Law Enforcement has said very little--next to nothing, really, except "everything is still on the table" regarding Summer's disappearance. They have not said they believe Summer's disappearance is an abduction, which is what Don says. In my opinion "everything is on the table" means that everyone is a suspect and nobody has been cleared. LE has not said the parents are cleared as suspects. I believe some folks have theorized that means they still are suspects.

Don't have much to say these days about Summer's disappearance. However, this case continues to haunt me and rattle my brain. Social media rumors seem to have died down freeing up time for LE's investigation; that's a good thing. Looking forward to The W's appearance on Dr. Phil (even though I totally dislike the host). MOO.

I kind of think LE doesn't "clear" people publicly these days very often. So, i don't know if someone not being "cleared" really means anything. It might, but it might not.

This is jmo, but i think the main thing a lot of people are blaming CB (eta... Why her? I think she was the last adult to see SW) for is not being able to say what happened to Summer. But, if she didn't see SW go missing, then what can she say? To be clear, some of the "blame" is kind of indirect... As in there must be more information.

I think there may be some details she doesn't know for some reason (idk what reason, im not implying anything). But, if she doesn't know... Idk what can be done. She probably wishes she knew even if the information was virtually worthless.

I think this is the reason the TBI says SW disappeared in the early afternoon under unclear circumstances (this isn't what they said the day she went missing, but it has been this since very early in the investigation). I think that is what they have that is actually relevant that they're telling us.

One thing I have been thinking about is it really isn't impossible that someone followed them home from one of their many stops. I have no evidence of this, of course, but it might explain why no one knows anything.

Don't have much to say these days about Summer's disappearance. However, this case continues to haunt me and rattle my brain. Social media rumors seem to have died down freeing up time for LE's investigation; that's a good thing. Looking forward to The W's appearance on Dr. Phil (even though I totally dislike the host). MOO.

Same, I feel like Dr. Phil spends way too much time capitalizing on other people's misery. But I'm interested to see if he shakes loose any facts.

I kind of think LE doesn't "clear" people publicly these days very often. So, i don't know if someone not being "cleared" really means anything. It might, but it might not.

This is jmo, but i think the main thing a lot of people are blaming CB (eta... Why her? I think she was the last adult to see SW) for is not being able to say what happened to Summer. But, if she didn't see SW go missing, then what can she say? To be clear, some of the "blame" is kind of indirect... As in there must be more information.

I think there may be some details she doesn't know for some reason (idk what reason, im not implying anything). But, if she doesn't know... Idk what can be done. She probably wishes she knew even if the information was virtually worthless.

I think this is the reason the TBI says SW disappeared in the early afternoon under unclear circumstances (this isn't what they said the day she went missing, but it has been this since very early in the investigation). I think that is what they have that is actually relevant that they're telling us.

One thing I have been thinking about is it really isn't impossible that someone followed them home from one of their many stops. I have no evidence of this, of course, but it might explain why no one knows anything.

It's what I think happened. They sat in the parking lot of the grocery store for an hour. There are a terrifying number of sex offenders in close proximity to that shopping center that could easily have needed to pick up toilet paper. I noticed a huge complex (Eastman Chemical Company) near the grocery store that probably has a couple hundred people a day passing through there on the way to and from work.

They drove so much though, a predator would have had to driven so many miles following them til they got home… and then wait around for a good chunk of time while the family settled in and planted flowers etc.

Also, didn’t summer not go into any of the stops? It’s such a stretch.

As of midnight, an electronic billboard for Summer is now up in Kingsport. Two pictures of Summer, along with a message and phone # display every 8 seconds. A group led by 423Chase and Crackin Cases (Cam and Alli) raised the money for the board, with the help of an anonymous donor. Hopefully there will be an upcoming picture in the local media.

They drove so much though, a predator would have had to driven so many miles following them til they got home… and then wait around for a good chunk of time while the family settled in and planted flowers etc.

It is, but then I think of Jayme Closs, who a predator spotted at a bus stop and decided he needed to kidnap her. She was none the wiser the whole time and he was completely unknown to her.

From the Well's website -

Thank You to Everyone that paid for and did this billboard to help find our Daughter Summer. A special thank you to Brad. Love and Prayers, DonCandus

Thank You For New Billboard (findsummerwells.com)

a734f8_cc6bb0247af84f8fb58968b4d05eaf79~mv2.webp

New Billboard -

eta -
A group of Citizens financed and placed this billboard.. which was activated Monday October 25 2021.
Located Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport near Walmart. It is scheduled to display for the next two months+.
The Wells Family assisted in the design.

248641301_711627153565345_5921458118308875204_n.jpg

Last edited:
As of midnight, an electronic billboard for Summer is now up in Kingsport. Two pictures of Summer, along with a message and phone # display every 8 seconds. A group led by 423Chase and Crackin Cases (Cam and Alli) raised the money for the board, with the help of an anonymous donor. Hopefully there will be an upcoming picture in the local media.

Yes! This is so heartwarming. Getting her information out to everyone, everywhere. I don't know if Summer's location is local to the area right now or not. However there is also the possibility she is far away from her local residence. Regardless of where Summer is right now, or how she got there the priority should be on finding her.

If anyone on here is local, I wonder if a poster could be sent to a printing shop that is local to me. I'll gladly have flyers made up and plaster them everywhere.

Yeah, Mobile Al WKRG returned my call. They will possibly do a story on Summer, I need to send them media articles and such, along with any comments. Please give me suggestions here, I won't be able to do this today, will be tonight or tomorrow.

I want to stick to facts only, and getting her picture out there. There are good suggestions here, I'll take anything ya'll have.

TIA

Given that the house can't be seen from the road, it's unlikely if someone abducted Summer they were just on the prowl.
She wasn't old enough to have gone online and met someone.
Whoever did abduct her, it had to be someone who had "chosen" her and then took advantage of the situation when she went outside.
Someone that saw her in town in the weeks previous who took an interest in her? Someone who lived in town? Someone from their church?
I think whoever took Summer had watched the home for some time, waiting for an opportunity when she'd be alone. I also think it's someone Summer recognized and they called her over to the edge of the property.
At 5 years old, how many adults would she know?
JMO

It could have been any stop they made.

Also, John Kelly said when the FBI catches "these guys" they always have a lot of miles on their cars. He said they will drive a lot and a long way. He also says they are willing to wait and observe.

So, Kingsport to Rogersville isn't that far. A couple of hours isn't that long. Let's imagine that there never was an opportunity to get SW alone... She didn't go back outside, for example. What has this person lost? A few hours and a little gas.

I don't know this is what happened... I kind of dismissed it from my mind as a theory, but i thought of it again all of a sudden and started thinking about it a bit more.

ETA: i don't know how many adults SW knew, but I really think people noticed her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deadstrangepod