AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #31

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Dog Trail With Summer's Scent (findsummerwells.com)

DW & CW:
'This video shows the trail that the search dogs followed our Daughter Summer Moon-Utah Wells scent. It went to the road and up towards our driveway. Then it faded.

There is no way to know if it came from Summer directly, or if her scent was on our dogs from playing with them and they spread it, or maybe on the boys if they came down through here after playing with Summer. But there is a very good chance it was from Summer, possibly her being carried by someone. It is the only place that her scent was found to this degree that the dogs followed.'

The dog trail with Summer's scent:

Summer Wells Scent Trail : DonCandus Wells : FindSummerWells.com - YouTube

From Dog Trail With Summer's Scent (findsummerwells.com)

DW & CW:
'This video shows the trail that the search dogs followed our Daughter Summer Moon-Utah Wells scent. It went to the road and up towards our driveway. Then it faded.

There is no way to know if it came from Summer directly, or if her scent was on our dogs from playing with them and they spread it, or maybe on the boys if they came down through here after playing with Summer. But there is a very good chance it was from Summer, possibly her being carried by someone. It is the only place that her scent was found to this degree that the dogs followed.'

The dog trail with Summer's scent:

Summer Wells Scent Trail : DonCandus Wells : FindSummerWells.com - YouTube
I think because the dog trail starts near the basement door and cuts through the woods to the end of the driveway, were it meets Ben Hill road, has created a lot of confusion and accusations of the story changing.
The driveway is long, it starts at Ben Hill road and circles part of the property before it ends at the house, the dog trail is a short cut to the entrance at Ben Hill road.

I really think SW went to the road for some reason and something happened there. Probably involving being placed in a vehicle, but idk.

I think she wandered a little more than her parents knew. Maybe she had just started doing it recently and hadn't really been caught doing it by them. Her brothers might know if she had been doing this, but if it was recently acquired behavior, maybe not.

ETA: i remember from child psychology there is a certain age children start to do this, maybe around her age.

I really think SW went to the road for some reason and something happened there. Probably involving being placed in a vehicle, but idk.

I think she wandered a little more than her parents knew. Maybe she had just started doing it recently and hadn't really been caught doing it by them. Her brothers might know if she had been doing this, but if it was recently acquired behavior, maybe not.

ETA: i remember from child psychology there is a certain age children start to do this, maybe around her age.

This is what I believe too, that she wandered off on her own. I don’t feel as though she was abducted and I wholeheartedly believe her parents are innocent.

This is what I believe too, that she wandered off on her own. I don’t feel as though she was abducted and I wholeheartedly believe her parents are innocent.
It's possible.
Maybe very possible, she'd napped on the drive home, sat planting the flowers, got candy and told her mother she wanted to go to her own house...
The tree trimmers were in that day so the vista would have been new to her on her return from the shopping trip..
I'd be interested in what specific locations were visible to her from where she was sitting at her grandmother's place.

She could have entered and straight out the basement door immediately while her mother was walking back to her grandmother's place.. maybe she went to check out something newly exposed by the changed treeline.

Against that though is that the searchers got on it very very quickly... I think they would have located her. That is why I lean more towards an abduction.
Sure, she could have gone further, that does happen and the terrain is extremely dense, not easy to search.
MOO

I am so discouraged about the lack of news on this case. I wish there was an active search still going on. I know it is the kind of terrain that people have disappeared in before. I am hoping that Summer will be found once the leaves fall and hunting season gets underway.

I agree that she could have left on her own and wandered a lot farther than any of the searchers think.

But also, if she wandered near any road, that could have put her in the path of a chance encounter with an evil person. Statistically unlikely but we know it does happen. Shortly after we moved to our current house, a girl in the next town over was grabbed riding home on her bike from the library--maybe five minutes, ten if she stopped on the bridge to watch the river. The killer was just passing through on his way to a job in another state. There was a chance witness, otherwise they might not have ever figured it out.

Which is why I keep hoping and praying that person in the red Toyota does come forward and did see something. The odds are it's nothing. But maybe...please...

I don't know if she just wandered off or if someone intervened and took her somewhere. This could be anything from snatching her up to coaxing her. I really don't know.

i do understand why DW (and CB) think she was taken. I think that is parents' worst fear and, when a child goes missing, it comes to mind.

There was a case recently in Australia where a little boy wandered off (this is known because he was found, he was okay). A friend of the family saw an unfamiliar ute in the very remote area and reported that information on TV. Because you have to play all the angles immediately or time runs out.

They (LE said they were investigating more than one scenario) did say they were doing this for Summer. I know they have said there is "no evidence" of abduction. But, to me (moo), that doesn't take that theory off the table. This is a small little child, someone could easily pick her up off her feet and be gone with her without really leaving obvious signs behind. Or lured her to get into a vehicle, again, what evidence would that even leave? SW only had the clothes she was wearing which didn't include shoes. As far as we know, she wasn't carrying anything with her that they could find later and realize she was at a particular location.

@carbuff , do you know how difficult it would be to remove full ladder racks and, if a person did so, how hard would a person have to look in order to realize that they had been there? Such as would it be noticeable if the truck was driving and the potential witness is in another car? Or would someone have to walk up to the truck when it was parked?

Also, could a earlier or later model of Toyota Tacoma be mistaken as a 1998-2000 if some front end or backend part was changed?

ETA and are ladder racks something that must be installed or could a person put them on when needed and remove them when not needed?

Last edited:
@carbuff , do you know how difficult it would be to remove full ladder racks and, if a person did so, how hard would a person have to look in order to realize that they had been there? Such as would it be noticeable if the truck was driving and the potential witness is in another car? Or would someone have to walk up to the truck when it was parked?

Also, could a earlier or later model of Toyota Tacoma be mistaken as a 1998-2000 if some front end or backend part was changed?

ETA and are ladder racks something that must be installed or could a person put them on when needed and remove them when not needed?

They do make fully or partly removable ladder racks for working trucks that have to carry a variety of different kinds of cargo. Some of them just fold down into the bed of the truck; others have to be unbolted and pulled out. The fold-up kind would be visible if you walked past, but probably neither would be detected from another vehicle.

I would say it's pretty common for the racks to be put in and taken out of pickups generally. Besides different work tasks (needing to carry twice as many ladders and half as many buckets for a particular job, for instance), many people take out the racks so they can add a slide-in camper or something like that.

That age Toyota is fairly recognizable if you're familiar with Toyota pickups, but for the average person, they'd just see an old red pickup.

If you google "1998 Toyota Tacoma ladder rack," you can see some of the dozens o models available.

From that brief clip, I get the sense CW had little to say to Dr. Phil and maybe DW did most of the talking? Oh, and perhaps Dr. Phil came on a little strong with CW? MOO.

I saw a longer clip this afternoon, it looked as if CW was crying. Also at one point DW is not on the stage, it is just Dr. Phil and CW.
I think it may be on soon from the clip that I saw but I don't know what day.

I saw this on TV I don't have anything that I can share.

From that brief clip, I get the sense CW had little to say to Dr. Phil and maybe DW did most of the talking? Oh, and perhaps Dr. Phil came on a little strong with CW? MOO.

Watching that preview does not entice me to want to watch the show. At all.
People'a comments about SW's room and the mob mentality are obviously alive and well. I hope the Dr. Phil is going to help them and not just leave them hung out to dry like so many others have already done.

EBM to correct spelling

AMOO MOO JMO

Last edited:
People'a comments about SW's room and the mob mentality are obviously alive and well. I hope the Dr. Phil is going to help them and not just leave them hung out to dry like so many others have already done.

EBM to correct spelling

AMOO MOO JMO
100% agree.

EBM to correct spelling

AMOO MOO JMO
They have so little protection it scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member