AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't help but wonder, IF whoever was driving this red truck might have seen or heard something relevant to the case, what on earth does LE think they might have been a witness TO ? I mean, maybe I'm wrong in this, but how many people driving down a road on any given day really pay attention to random little details ? I drove into town this weekend, and if you asked me if I saw a woman walking down X street, my response would probably be, " I don't know. Maybe. If I did I didn't pay any attention to it. " I can't even begin to tell you how many cases I've read about where someone was shot and the neighbors right next to them never even heard a peep. But anyway, this red truck thing sounds so specific, and LE seems so invested in the driver coming forward, it just makes me wonder what all the fuss is about. It just sounds like a little more than a neighbor saying, " Hey, I saw a red Toyota driving down the street on Monday or Tuesday. " IMO

In the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't matter whether I understand LE's logic behind this or not. They know way more than I do. I just hope the driver does come forward so LE can find whatever answers they are looking for, or can check this person off their list and move on.

I’m wondering what kind of technology forensics can be performed with regard to the lack of service in the immediate area. Does anyone know? It concerns me because if LE can’t get an adequate signal and had to bring in boosters does that mean not everything is traceable?
Also I read in an MSM article today although I cannot recall which one that the basement door was left open. I wonder if this was discovered during the search or if this is how the family typically lived? My doors remain locked always especially when kids were younger.
It’s not difficult for me to imagine that Summer became tired during the planting session and perhaps grew bored and wanted to retreat to the basement where things were cooler and her toys were. If they saw her walk into the house knowing the boys were inside too although likely engrossed in electronics that mom and grandma may have lost track of time while gardening and assumed she was safely inside and doing her own thing.
Where are you Summer?

Have we had confirmation yet that he was actually at work?

It seems like about 5% of what we know about this story is coming from reliable sources and about 95% is coming from DW, and most of that is 2nd hand. Nothing is making sense, but it seems like everyone is trying desperately to rationalize how "early afternoon" and "6:30" could be the same thing. How "went for a walk" could have been someone misunderstanding "planting flowers". How a family history of DV is completely irrelevant to a missing person case. <modsnip>. I don't really have even a guess as to where in the he-said-she-said things are getting mixed up, <modsnip> MOO. I know they're victims. I keep thinking that maybe things got mixed up in the chaos of the beginning and then they were able to sort everything out with LE when it calmed down a bit, but it doesn't sound like that's happened, as LE seems just as confused as everyone else. IMO

Welp, that's a mic drop right there if ever there was one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just commenting out of frustration here…

I honestly can’t believe after all of this time that searchers haven’t found anything ‘(I’ve been convinced that she’s in the woods). I can see them easily walking by her curled up in the brush, but at this stage (and I really really hate to say this) I’m surprised that a cadaver dog hasn’t picked up anything..I suppose they could have but if so nothing has come of it.

I’m starting to wonder if there’s more to this red truck thing than LE just wanting to see if the driver saw anything. Regardless of the fact that that’s how they worded it, it doesn’t mean that that’s all LE thinks there is to it. It wouldn’t be the first time LE has asked someone to come forward with wording like they just want to see if they saw anything all the while believing they’re actually a suspect.
Was the red truck release worded that the driver was unidentified? Could that mean someone borrowed a friend, co-worker or family members vehicle possible without knowledge of the owner? They seem to have a handle on the identy of the vehicle itself. Moo

I wonder if the truck was seen on a neighborhood camera in the area, on the same day, Summer went missing. And they want to rule this out, so they can focus on other parts of the investigation.

If I was a single guy, who owned that truck, maybe without papers, or have some other potential legal issues, he may not want to come forward. Remember how Roy Kronk's life was turned inside out because he reported Caylee Anthony's remains?

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — The prayer garden at Solomon Temple Missionary Baptist Church is covered in teddy bears, wreaths and mementos in hopes of Summer Wells’ safe return.

A Johnson City man who follows the case made two wreaths for the missing 5-year-old, and says his goal in doing so is to raise awareness.

Image-from-iOS-1-1.jpg Image-from-iOS-3-1.jpg

Local man makes wreaths for Summer Wells to ‘raise awareness’ | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — As the search for Summer Wells inches closer to the two week mark, the community’s spirit of giving hasn’t been dampened.

Father & daughter drive almost 90 miles to donate to crews searching for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

IMO... if he wasn't at work that day, he wouldn't still be employed by them.

From the very first interview, he stated he was at work when he got the call from CW. His story has not changed.

DW also stated (in one of the interviews) that some of his coworkers have "been to prison".

Let me put it this way, if I hang drywall for a living and have a criminal history, I am not going to pass up $50k reward by saying my buddy was at work when he actually wasn't.

Last edited:
I keep searching and checking in but nothing new. There’s something hinky about this one. I really thought they’d find her nearby in the woods from tragic misadventure. Praying there’s something we’re missing and she could still be ok.

Did they check the plant bed?

Here is a photo of what was planted. It's not really a classic garden.

Image-from-iOS-9-1.jpg

Not to throw another monkey wrench into things re: the timeline that can't seem to get nailed down, but after seeing Summer's pic of her making that cute little face, with almost chin length hair in sort of a modern bob cut, in the red dress...

How many of you realized after seeing the Easter video from church, that this was not at all what Summer looked like most recently? Why not release/promote/publish the most recent pic of her? I'll be honest, that church video she didn't look anything like the other girls with longer hair and dresses. She 100% looked like a little boy.

I'm not at all faulting the family for this but it's stuff like this, that makes this case especially challenging.

jmo

Honestly, every aspect of reported information surrounding this case has been discussed here ad nauseam.

The red truck is where LE is focusing right now. Someone knows who drives that truck. It is only a matter of time before the driver is located.

I live in East TN. If that truck is out there, these people will find it.

Well, one would hope so but with the different stories being told, LE has their work cut out for them with the challenging time line.
JMO
I think LE's got this. They've checked enough digital equipment, interviewed everyone enough times, LE KNOWS. The family might not have communicated enough with each other to have figured it out yet. BUT, the really big deal is that, if there is a perpetrator, only he/she will know the right timing. There no reason for members of the general public to know or be told at this point.

Not to throw another monkey wrench into things re: the timeline that can't seem to get nailed down, but after seeing Summer's pic of her making that cute little face, with almost chin length hair in sort of a modern bob cut, in the red dress...

How many of you realized after seeing the Easter video from church, that this was not at all what Summer looked like most recently? Why not release/promote/publish the most recent pic of her? I'll be honest, that church video she didn't look anything like the other girls with longer hair and dresses. She 100% looked like a little boy.

I'm not at all faulting the family for this but it's stuff like this, that makes this case especially challenging.

jmo

I think her hair currently is somewhere between the buzz and chin length. The Easter vid was from April, but the Church's youtube channel and facebook page show Summer at some more recent services, and her hair seems to have grown in a bit since Easter (it is not as short as the buzz). Perhaps it is currently closer to the red dress' length.

ETA: I agree with you though, it would be nice if they could be very precise and clear with this but they sure have not been.

I think her hair currently is somewhere between the buzz and chin length. The Easter vid was from April, but the Church's youtube channel and facebook page show Summer at some more recent services, and her hair seems to have grown in a bit since Easter (it is not as short as the buzz). Perhaps it is currently closer to the red dress' length.

ETA: I agree with you though, it would be nice if they could be very precise and clear with this but they sure have not been.

I haven't seen any of the church's other videos so I'll just have to take your word for it.

Here is a photo of what was planted. It's not really a classic garden.

Image-from-iOS-9-1.jpg
I believe the quote from one of the PCs recently was something like, "remember, you're looking for a very small space where she could be (I don't recall the word used but it haunted me a bit at the time) 'stashed/packed/crammed- somewhere no larger than a laptop or a legal sized sheet of paper."

Honestly, every aspect of reported information surrounding this case has been discussed here ad nauseam.

The red truck is where LE is focusing right now. Someone knows who drives that truck. It is only a matter of time before the driver is located.

I live in East TN. If that truck is out there, these people will find it.
White buckets seats.
Totally memorable.

I believe the quote from one of the PCs recently was something like, "remember, you're looking for a very small space where she could be (I don't recall the word used but it haunted me a bit at the time) 'stashed/packed/crammed- somewhere no larger than a laptop or a legal sized sheet of paper."
"Wadded up." Broke my heart.

I’m wondering what kind of technology forensics can be performed with regard to the lack of service in the immediate area. Does anyone know? It concerns me because if LE can’t get an adequate signal and had to bring in boosters does that mean not everything is traceable?
Also I read in an MSM article today although I cannot recall which one that the basement door was left open. I wonder if this was discovered during the search or if this is how the family typically lived? My doors remain locked always especially when kids were younger.
It’s not difficult for me to imagine that Summer became tired during the planting session and perhaps grew bored and wanted to retreat to the basement where things were cooler and her toys were. If they saw her walk into the house knowing the boys were inside too although likely engrossed in electronics that mom and grandma may have lost track of time while gardening and assumed she was safely inside and doing her own thing.
Where are you Summer?

The Wells’ likely use WiFi for cell phones when at home (I do, since mountains block my regular coverage). I assume LE can get a good picture from that and from their other internet use. And they would be looking at cell phone data when parents are in an area with regular coverage.

Jmo

I'm sorry, but I just have to say this: our local law enforcement officers, the TBI and the FBI are not the Keystone cops, people. They have searched that home, and the surrounding property , thoroughly. I guarantee you that. If Summer were there (in a flower bed, or anywhere else ), they would have found her already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leenaa