AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
been a long stormy weekend for me IRL and I haven't checked the news all weekend. Dropping what pops out to me as I catch up.

The TBI has been working around the clock to identify anyone who may have been in the area around the time of Summer's disappearance to determine what they may have seen or heard.

In this process officials have identified a Toyota pickup truck that was seen in the area of Beech Creek Road and Ben Hill Road in the late afternoon or early evening of Monday, June 14 or Tuesday, June 15. The pickup is described as a 1998-2000 maroon or red Toyota Tacoma, with a full bed ladder rack along with white buckets in the truck bed. TBI searching for potential witness in the case of missing 5-year-old Summer Wells

HAWKINS COUNTY, Tenn. (WJHL) — A release from Incident Commander Tim Coup says crews are “scaling back search operations” for Summer Wells, the 5-year-old from Hawkins County who has been missing since June 15.

Reportedly, the search will draw resources from Middle and West Tennessee and other states to bring a “fresh set of eyes and rested bodies.” Officials say they will still rely on local and regional resources as well.

“Just because we may not be seen as such a large presence in and throughout the area, rest assured that we have not quit and won’t quit until we find Summer Wells,” Coup says in the release.
Crews ‘scaling back’ search for Summer Wells | WJHL | Tri-Cities News & Weather

The timeline:

We are piecing info together from all these different sources and trying to make this mean that the timeline is muddled. Of course, it's muddled! It's all coming from different people, different contexts, etc.

This would be a red flag if these were ALL interviews with the same parent over the course of several days and the parent gave these differing accounts each time he or she were interviewed, but that is not the case here.

IMO, wayyyy too much is being made of these discrepancies.

HOWEVER, a much BIGGER red flag would be if all six family members: Dad, Mom, G'mom and 3 brothers ALL told the same story. The same story from 6 directions would tell us they rehearsed it.

Muddled, coming from six different directions means it may be real.

As ludakristen says: "IMO, wayyyy too much is being made of these discrepancies." ditto

HOWEVER, a much BIGGER red flag would be if all six family members: Dad, Mom, G'mom and 3 brothers ALL told the same story. The same story from 6 directions would tell us they rehearsed it.

As ludakristen says: "IMO, wayyyy too much is being made of these discrepancies." ditto

Excellent point!

I agree, personally I have no issue with the "went for a walk" or "planting flowers". I would just like a definite answer from LE on when she was ACTUALLY last seen and by whom. I don't think that's going to be forthcoming anytime soon though.

this is precisely how i feel! and also the early afternoon sighting of her is most likely the last time anyone outside of the family could verify they saw her. we don't know yet if LE feels they can't trust the family's version of events we just know what they've said and i understand if they aren't taking what the family says at face value they're probably still reeling from evelyn boswell.

Maybe part of what makes the circumstances leading to Summer's disappearance "unclear" is that mom did not tell the boys she was taking Summer and "someone else" swimming. Maybe the story the boys are telling LE is that they were told she was doing something else? MOO.

Not sure if I saw this news report from this AM posted yet.

I don't think anything new except I didn't recognize the footage of Don and a son mowing the lawn/playing with a football. I think there's also new footage of a male neighbor speaking about the search. They are still looking for the owner of the red truck.

It will be telling to me if the driver of the red truck does not come forward. I mean even if this person is an addict or has a record or has been passed out drunk for the last few days - so be it. Unless he/she has an active warrant for a very serious crime, stole the truck or is somehow involved - why would they not come forward? They may have accidently seen something they don't even realize is important. They may hold the key to everything and not realize. If they live on the wrong side of the law, I'm sure LE would offer some leniency if it brought Summer home. I just can't imagine someone not helping. But that is just me I guess... IMO JMO

No argument here. But the assessment of the timeline should include some fuller context. Here's where this piece of the timeline came from. Here's why this person said it this way. Etc. It's not inked in history as accurate because it was reported that way in the media.
Might as well shut down WS and all the crime boards if we can't discuss discrepancies. Think of the rat's nest of speculation we'd have if all the FB and suddenly-appearing YT site gossip was allowed in. The first case I followed on WS was that of Bobbie Jo Stinnett, who was murdered by Lisa Montgomery who cut her near-full-term baby out with scissors, in 2004. All the contradictions in reporting, places, etc. And IMO it's been that way ever since, with the internet. No one is purposely trying to confuse "facts", we're trying to sort it out from the limited data set we're allowed to discuss here. Everyone knows that the first reports out will be contradictory.

My comment wasn't meant to imply reward money would be instantly handed out. My point was... if DW wasn't at work that day, neither his employer nor his coworkers are going to sit back and let him continue making that claim. Throw the $50k on top and they would definitely come forward.

So... if we can reasonably assume they would officially contradict DWs claims (again, he has been making the same claim since Day 1), logic dictates...

#1: LE would have been ALL OVER that.

#2: DW would no longer be working for Tucker Drywall. Aside from the moral aspect, it's just bad business to employ someone who publicly lied about where they were when their daughter came up missing. Business is built on reputation. A business owner would not put their livelihood on the line for DW.

IMO
I would completely agree with this if we are sure his employer was fully aware of his whereabouts. Hasn't it been said that DW was on a job site? If so, do we know for sure that he wasn't the only one there? When I think of hanging drywall, I don't think of it as being a one-man job, but I do know that there are a lot of tools available these days that would allow one person to be able to pick up, move, & position a piece of sheet rock and allow it to be hung much easier than it used to be. Also, if the job site he was at had already had the drywall hung and he was there to tape & mud the site, that could be a one man job. So unless LE were sure that he wasn't on the site alone (or maybe better to say, with a coworker or someone who was actively paying attention to his presence) it might be harder for LE to confidently ascertain his location & timeline.
To be clear, I do not state this to cast blame anywhere, but simply to point out that it may be harder than some think for LE to nail down all of the little details. For the most part though, I think we do have to assume that LE would have already considered things like this. So if they ever do state that they know - with certainty - anyone's whereabouts at a given time, they will have most likely taken things like this into full consideration.

So, about the red truck and description. What trade would one be in to have the ladder and white buckets in the back? Were they on a "job", did they recently purchase those things for a home project? Were they a sort of helper driving the owner's truck? If we could come up with some theories about that, it may help to focus the search for the truck? Canvas hardware/construction businesses that may be able to ID the truck and its owner as a contractor/recent customer?

I believe scent would have been picked up by now if she was on land nearby. I am wondering about the time between arriving home from swimming and time of 911 call, about 4 hours later. If she was in a vehicle, that is a lot of distance that could be traveled. If she is in a body of water, I am not sure scent can be determined.
BBM
There was a case that I followed not long ago on WS where a young lady was thought to have jumped from a bridge into a large river. If I recall correctly, they brought dogs (cadaver dogs I assume?) out onto the river individually on boats and had more than one dog alert to a certain location on the water. ...so if I am remembering that correctly, and if a dog can pick up a human scent under a moving body of water like that, I think there could be a chance the scent could be picked up - depending of course on water depth, temp, wind conditions, and a multitude of other variables that I am likely not familiar with.

Hopefully any owner with the description of the truck and the time period released by LE comes forward. However, I have to remind myself, when big events in a community happen such as this, you can't assume everyone is in the loop. I'm always amazed when residents will say, "I live right here and never heard of this case".

To me, they are looking for some type of work truck. If it had a logo of any kind, I think the witness would have noticed that.

I do think TBI releasing this info about the truck is a big deal, as they are tight lipped in general about this case. IMO

BBM
There was a case that I followed not long ago on WS where a young lady was thought to have jumped from a bridge into a large river. If I recall correctly, they brought dogs (cadaver dogs I assume?) out onto the river individually on boats and had more than one dog alert to a certain location on the water. ...so if I am remembering that correctly, and if a dog can pick up a human scent under a moving body of water like that, I think there could be a chance the scent could be picked up - depending of course on water depth, temp, wind conditions, and a multitude of other variables that I am likely not familiar with.

Research shows value of cadaver dogs locating underwater corpses

Even when a body is submerged in deep and murky water, a specially-trained dog can sniff its whereabouts from the surface. This incredible level of canine capability is being investigated by University of Huddersfield researcher Lorna Irish. Her thesis on cadaver detection dogs will make a powerful case for extending their use in cases of underwater corpses.

https://phys.org/news/2015-09-cadaver-dogs-underwater-corpses.html

It will be telling to me if the driver of the red truck does not come forward. I mean even if this person is an addict or has a record or has been passed out drunk for the last few days - so be it. Unless he/she has an active warrant for a very serious crime, stole the truck or is somehow involved - why would they not come forward? They may have accidently seen something they don't even realize is important. They may hold the key to everything and not realize. If they live on the wrong side of the law, I'm sure LE would offer some leniency if it brought Summer home. I just can't imagine someone not helping. But that is just me I guess... IMO JMO
It’s not really telling of anything. Most likely the driver isn’t even aware he/she is being sought out for info. If they’re not paying attention to the missing child case, they won’t know unless someone else happens to tell them.

I’ve seen a lot of comments from people in the area saying they weren’t aware of Summer being missing until a week or so after it happened. Not everyone got the Amber Alert, and a lot of people ignore those, because they’ve basically become “parental abduction alerts” since that’s almost always the only time they have car and tag info to use in the alert.

Sorry if this has been asked already, but which door into the house can you see from the camper and memorial garden? Thank you.
Just to clarify, there is no memorial garden anywhere. There is a prayer garden at their church.

The mom and grandma were planting succulents in some outdoor flower pots near the camper.

It’s my understanding that the camper is behind the house a bit, and the front door is on the other side of Summer’s house, and there’s a basement door on the end of the house, so neither could be seen from the camper.

I agree that identical stories would be a red flag, but stories with minor discrepancies are just normal/human imo. If I think about any ho hum weekend where we're doing chores, yard work, errands, etc. I couldn't tell you exactly what time my husband left for Home Depot, sometimes he's even gone and back and I'm not even aware! I might recall I did laundry, ate lunch, watched a show on TV, cleaned the floors, but I couldn't necessarily tell you exactly what time I did those things, or if my teen was around and saw me do them, or what he was doing during all that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dokkuyifyi