AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As previously stated, I'm a local. And, since the day the vehicle description was provided, I've been keeping an eye out for that truck.

Over the last few days, I have seen a total of three Red/Maroon Tacomas that appeared to be the correct year...ish. None had ladder racks. None had buckets in the back.

Thing is... buckets can be removed. Ladder Racks can be removed. If the truck has been altered, someone like me would never know.

Someone who is aware of the truck prior to alterations would know.

If this case comes down to the truck, progress depends on that "someone" coming forward. The bigger the reward, the more likely that will happen.

So, maybe we should focus on the one thing that could bring closure to this case and consider donating to the fund.

Just a thought.

IMO, That is so true about alterations of the truck!!

I've been following along on this case with Friday night being the last time I was caught up. Saturday I traveled from La Grange, Ky to Northeast Louisiana and I did not know about the update on the truck!! When I was able to log in and check on things, I was upset bc that is something I could have looked for! Although, I did, and normally do, pay attention to things when traveling, I would have specifically looked for a truck fitting that description!
The chances of me spotting anything, EVER, are slim, I still cannot travel without being observant of other travellers.
Is that creepy or what :oops::oops:

I'm from Arkansas and while I don't use that phrase regularly, I do hear it quite often.

Another one, that is similar, instead of saying "I got choked" is "I got strangled." I was a grown woman before I realized no one else used strangled in place of choked. :D
Our family, our whole community growing up, used "strangled" that way. And yes on the "smothered" as well. I still do.

Thanks for explaining this. That's what I was looking for with my original question . I'm kind of fascinated with vernacular of different parts of the country. Can you give a few example sentences with context, using "it smothers me." I guess this is OT now because I'm just satisfying my own curiosity about the language.

My family on my daddy’s side is backwoods Appalachia born and raised. Smothers is common in their vernacular when describing a situation in which you can’t breathe.

As previously stated, I'm a local. And, since the day the vehicle description was provided, I've been keeping an eye out for that truck.

Over the last few days, I have seen a total of three Red/Maroon Tacomas that appeared to be the correct year...ish. None had ladder racks. None had buckets in the back.

Thing is... buckets can be removed. Ladder Racks can be removed. If the truck has been altered, someone like me would never know.

RSBM: Ladder racks are bolted on. You would see the holes in the bed sides if removed if you are reasonably close to the truck.

RSBM: Ladder racks are bolted on. You would see the holes in the bed sides if removed if you are reasonably close to the truck.

If I had to guess I would think there are only 2000 or so Red-Maroon Tacomas 1998ish in Tennessee.
MOO main tip will come from someone who lives near or works with the person with truck. They would note it and hopefully call it in.
A truck can disappear quick into the backwoods so I doubt anyone is going to see it if the owner doesn't want it seen.
2.30 M vehicles in Tennessee (2016)
Generally 20-25% are trucks.
550k approximately
Toyota runs about 12% of the truck market. That's about 66,000. Reds account for about 12% of truck.colors.
So... MOO that's about 8,000 red Toyota trucks in Tennessee.
In general about 25% of vehicles on the road are 16 years or older.
So, thats 1/4 of 8,000, or about
That seems doable for Tennessee citizens to find.

Last edited:
if mom sent summer to play with her toys, and walked her to the porch, why did she go looking for her two minutes later?
I wondered about that too, then I thought it could be that she walked with Summer up to the house intending to go in with her but then needed to grab something outside she may have forgotten, hence "boys watch her". Could be that innocent.

Perhaps we can re-direct. Summer is somewhere. A missing 5 year old child that needs to be found. What areas has SAR either not covered, or may have been unable to cover? Let's look at the empty spaces.
Thanks for explaining this. That's what I was looking for with my original question . I'm kind of fascinated with vernacular of different parts of the country. Can you give a few example sentences with context, using "it smothers me." I guess this is OT now because I'm just satisfying my own curiosity about the language.

Language= communication, so...important. An example of vernacular in some places would be 'would you *cut* off the lights?" vs 'would you *turn* off the lights?" Both mean exactly the same thing. Please make the lights go off, thanks.

Our family, our whole community growing up, used "strangled" that way. And yes on the "smothered" as well. I still do.
Strangled is still going strong in SW VA.

Moms tell their kids, don't drink to fast, you're gonna get strangled or I told you to quit playing with that straw, or you were gonna get strangled.

Never thought the use of strangle or smothering was odd until today.

Another...Choked...Slow down and chew your food or you're gonna get choked.

Moo....

Last edited:
Last edited:
snipped
Language= communication, so...important. An example of vernacular in some places would be 'would you *cut* off the lights?" vs 'would you *turn* off the lights?" Both mean exactly the same thing. Please make the lights go off, thanks.

Of course, I cut the lights off. Say it to the grandkids 100 times when they visit.

Did you cut the light off?

Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used this way. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?

I've heard that phrase used by my parents and other family members in southern West Virginia where I'm originally from. I have said it myself on occasion. It's meant to convey overwhelming anxiety and a feeling of helplessness.

Last edited:
Just had a light bulb go off in regards to the changing story/ timeline because it has been bothering me and it's always easy to think "I would never do that" or "that would never happen to me."
I could see myself giving responses like this if my state was altered in such a way that I didn't really remember or realize how long it was before I checked on my child and/ or couldn't remember the minute details of the day and everything was a bit blurry. Maybe I would be too embarrassed or feeling too judged to come out and say exactly this is why there was not a definitive answer to the questions and a hard timeline.
For example: someone has a few drinks. Husband asks what time did you put child to bed. Instead of responding with a definite time like normally, you might say "I'm not really sure" or "oh it wasn't that late". Yes, the child was safely tucked into bed but the exact details of that occurance could be fuzzy. Or in this case, the child was observed walking into the house.

Mother said, "I'm scared that somebody is hurting her and there's nothing I can do about it and it...it...it smothers me."

I have never heard "smothers me" used this way. Is this a common expression in the South or Tennessee?

Candus is from Wisconsin. So maybe it's a common expression there.

Watch now: 'Somebody has abducted her': Father of missing Hawkins child speaks out

"Wells is originally from Utah, and he met his wife in Arkansas, where their oldest son was born. Candus Wells is from Wisconsin. and she had a sister who went missing there several years ago and was never found, Wells said, although he doesn’t know much about that incident."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member