AMBER ALERT TN - Summer Moon-Utah Wells, 5, Rogersville, 15 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm praying for her to return home safely. I'm praying the family had nothing to do with it. seeing how the media and public can just decide someone is guilty and pick through their life and create rumors is so disheartening. people all see themselves as having the perfect reaction to this or that it could NEVER happen to them. I just want people to be more thoughtful. And it probably causes a LOT of distractions within the case because i know these people probably call the cops with these rumors as tips. However i know if summer comes home safely many people won't rest until all the kids are taken away.

Well, the media is being pretty good this round, giving the benefit of doubt for the time being. Even the rando commenters on social media are maintaining a high prayers-to-suspicion ratio, which is surprising given the cases we've seen over the years and our natural bent toward cynicism, especially about people whose lifestyles some of us might not understand.

For me, it's hard not to draw comparisons to Aliayah Lunsford, which is dang near ten years ago now. Striking similarities in the beginning. Reported as a walkaway, close to the same age, similar living conditions and cultural environment, parents may have "searched" some before police were called, etc. As we know, it turned out to be much darker than that. I don't want to cast undue aspersions, so I continue to check frequently for updates, watch, wait and hope.

<modsnip: Removed due to reference to appearance>

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry. didn't mean to derail the conversation with mention of the Speedway traffic I encountered. I'm just so used to hearing choppers anytine there is an event at the speedway, living this close by - would take alot for me to notice any increase. There were law enforcement directing traffic when I passed by, unaware of any planned events this weekend. This was directly in front of the speedway, not 394 behind the speedway. Of course, this is at least 45 minutes from Hawkins Co.
Watching and praying for Summer, as all of you are. Hoping to hear something this morning once Equusearch begins to help.

Last edited:
I agree. And I would go a step further and say that this is a family without much money in a rural, economically depressed area, so from the outside looking in, we see a life that a lot of is can't relate to. They're "different" from us, and that makes people judge harsher.

It's so easy for people to deduce, "This isn't how I'd raise kids so they must've hurt her." Her head is shaved. She appears dirty in some pics (nevermind that she looks clean and well dressed in others...) This doesn't mean anything... At least not yet with the info we have right now.
Its crazy how many people are so troubled by a little girl with a shaved head and immediately think its abuse. "this isn't how a little girl should look!". People care way too much about hair sometimes. And they always say shes so dirty when... shes probably been playing outside they're COUNTRY. They're not city kids who just have playdates and never get in the dirt because the parents are too rigid. I'm just seeing a complete cultural difference. And her bruises could be explained by her playing around outside or with her brothers.

Its crazy how many people are so troubled by a little girl with a shaved head and immediately think its abuse. "this isn't how a little girl should look!". People care way too much about hair sometimes. And they always say shes so dirty when... shes probably been playing outside they're COUNTRY. They're not city kids who just have playdates and never get in the dirt because the parents are too rigid. I'm just seeing a complete cultural difference. And her bruises could be explained by her playing around outside or with her brothers.

I agree. I grew up in the county. The day after school let out, me and all my cousins received "pixie" haircuts, easier to check for ticks. My sister has very fine, thin hair, like Summers, she looked like a boy. We didn't care, we hated sbampoo, it burned our eyes and our heads "got scrubbed" every night.

We wore old, worn out clothes, almost to small clothes all summer, all the good stuff was saved for church outings, visiting family/friends, or going to town on Sat. We got dirty, played in the dirt, my sister ate dirt, Every night they lined us up for baths, 4 inches of water and two to the bath tub. If the water wasn't to dirty it got used again. Oh...the good times.

Yes, life differs in rural areas, but that doesn't mean it's not a good life. When I see Summer, she looks full of life, her eyes shine with happiness.

They may not have a fancy house, but they own 11 acres of land in a beautiful area, a house and granny lives next door.

The rain is coming, I hope the equestrian team shows today !!! Monday and Tuesday could be wash outs.

Hoping and praying Summer is found today.

She actually reminds me of the singer Pink's little girl, shaved head, often dirty and scruffy because she's an outside kid who lives in a rural area, just goes to show appearance (and having money actually) means nothing.

Hawkins County Rescue Squad
2 hours ago

A statewide call out has been requested through the Tennessee Association of Rescue Squads for Sunday, June 20, 2021, in reference to the search for missing 5 year old Summer Wells. Anyone with information is asked to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The Logistics Section will be working this morning on planning for the upcoming day(s) of searching and determining what supplies if any are needed. An updated will be posted here on our Facebook Page by mid afternoon. Please stay tuned to our page for that updated post.

204001225_4556597411037786_3058741845537167352_n.jpg 203691685_4556597444371116_6918840535735558371_n.jpg

https://twitter.com/Anslee_WJHL/status/1406578063496945665

Well, the media is being pretty good this round, giving the benefit of doubt for the time being. Even the rando commenters on social media are maintaining a high prayers-to-suspicion ratio, which is surprising given the cases we've seen over the years and our natural bent toward cynicism, especially about people whose lifestyles some of us might not understand.

For me, it's hard not to draw comparisons to Aliayah Lunsford, which is dang near ten years ago now. Striking similarities in the beginning. Reported as a walkaway, close to the same age, similar living conditions and cultural environment, parents may have "searched" some before police were called, etc. As we know, it turned out to be much darker than that. I don't want to cast undue aspersions, so I continue to check frequently for updates, watch, wait and hope.

<modsnip: Removed reference to appearance>

I did look up this case and see little in common.

This family has not been accused of child abuse, cooperated with LE and the mother opened her home and spoke to a reporter but didn't want to be on camera, frankly I would not either. The family allowed media to photograph the property. They clearly are open and more transparent than most, in this situatuon.

The family has lived on the same land, same house for 13 years, the kids go to school and church. Summer looks health, full of life in all the photos, she was not shy. Everybody knows, everybodys buiness in a rural area. I'm sure LE knows of the family, they all live in the community.

Moo.... I just don't see they are simular circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:

I suspect that if it did all go down as reported (once you align the reports of the various players and end up with a coherent narrative), the reason Mom's not getting on cameras and making pleas is that maybe she's a bit complicated and doesn't present well, and her appearance might draw an unsympathetic response. I hope that's the case.

This case does remind me of Aliayah Lunsford. So many similarities.

My first post for Summer said how she reminded me of Pippy Longstocking. Pippy was a thing finder of entertaining items such as a rock or a paperclip and felt it was the greatest day ever when she found a rubberband.

There's a distinct difference, imho, in being dirty opposed to being filthy. A cluttered, filthy home can be hazardous for children that has nothing to do with poverty or riches.

It appears the Wells' were happy with their place in that spectacular area. That's all that matters.

Yes, life differs in rural areas, but that doesn't mean it's not a good life. When I see Summer, she looks full of life, her eyes shine with happiness.

They may not have a fancy house, but they own 11 acres of land in a beautiful area, a house and granny lives next door.
<rsbm>

Love grows in cabins as well as in castles.

My first post for Summer said how she reminded me of Pippy Longstocking. Pippy was a thing finder of entertaining items such as a rock or a paperclip and felt it was the greatest day ever when she found a rubberband.

There's a distinct difference, imho, in being dirty opposed to being filthy. A cluttered, filthy home can be hazardous for children that has nothing to do with poverty or riches.

It appears the Wells' were happy with their place in that spectacular area. That's all that matters.

That area is really quite beautiful.
I would love to raise children there......minus the snakes,i have a phobia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liiinebecc