Found Deceased TN - Tamia Taylor, 21, met friend at 11:30pm and got on a riverboat, when riverboat docked she was missing, Memphis, 9 Sep 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I picture it as crowded and noisy so easy to lose track of some one esp if people were dancing, getting drinks at the bar, etc.
IMO - But they were there to celebrate her birthday though, it’s almost as if they all got on the boat & then the other 3 x friends hung out with each other all night but not with the birthday girl that they were there to celebrate with? It makes absolutely no sense to me & I cannot wrap my head around the actions of these so called ‘friends’. MOO

IMO - But they were there to celebrate her birthday though, it’s almost as if they all got on the boat & then the other 3 x friends hung out with each other all night but not with the birthday girl that they were there to celebrate with? It makes absolutely no sense to me & I cannot wrap my head around the actions of these so called ‘friends’. MOO
would be helpful if we knew where they worked how long they knew each other etc. She is just 21 and supposedly moved recently so probably has not known anyone that long unless she knew someone from school....

I saw the video of Tamia on the boat and like others have said she does look really drunk (I’m sure we all would have been on our 21st!).

I now have changed my mind and believe no foul play took place on the night - MOO is that she unfortunately fell into the water and drowned.

Seeing the video of the boat, and inside the boat during that night, seeing how intoxicated Tamia seemed to be, I think it would have been very easy for to her to have gone into the water and no one even realized it. I think her friends' recollections may sound sketchy, but they were also partying hard that night and they may be vague on exact details because they just don't remember and feel terribly guilty about it.

MOO

I saw the video of Tamia on the boat and like others have said she does look really drunk (I’m sure we all would have been on our 21st!).

I now have changed my mind and believe no foul play took place on the night - MOO is that she unfortunately fell into the water and drowned.
Me too, I was wrong. I think she’s in the water. Occam’s Razor…

Some straight up confirmed facts would be nice. I'm not surprised she hasn't been found yet because no one really knows anything that happened. I just don't see her going anywhere without her phone. Even drunk. People love to get on their phones and get on social media or drunk text/dial someone. Plus, it's your lifeline. You need a ride? Call an Uber. Call a friend. Text a friend. Need directions? Google maps. That's why the only thing that makes sense to me is that she is in the water. If she was taken surely someone would have noticed. I don't see her going peacefully. Maybe someone tried to assault her in or near the bathroom and she fought back. They pushed her overboard in a drunken rage. Perhaps she hit her head on the way down and was unconscious. She drowned. IDK. JMO. All of this is weird.

Some straight up confirmed facts would be nice. I'm not surprised she hasn't been found yet because no one really knows anything that happened. I just don't see her going anywhere without her phone. Even drunk. People love to get on their phones and get on social media or drunk text/dial someone. Plus, it's your lifeline. You need a ride? Call an Uber. Call a friend. Text a friend. Need directions? Google maps. That's why the only thing that makes sense to me is that she is in the water. If she was taken surely someone would have noticed. I don't see her going peacefully. Maybe someone tried to assault her in or near the bathroom and she fought back. They pushed her overboard in a drunken rage. Perhaps she hit her head on the way down and was unconscious. She drowned. IDK. JMO. All of this is weird.
The longer this goes on, the more and more I'm thinking she fell in the water too. :(

jmo

BBM: The latest info about the phone being found near the bathroom door is pointing more and more to your Bolded post. jmo

Memphis Riverboat Cruises says it reviewed video on social media and believes Taylor made it back to the harbor. Hence, they've seen and likely downloaded a video proving her presence on the boat while it was in the harbor. Her body would have floated to the surface in the river by now. I hope LEO is still searching the river banks. The river is suffering drought-related low water levels like never before.

Can the taxi driver's words be trusted because surely he was not intoxicated that evening? His job is to hunt patrons and get paid for a safe ride. He says she requested a ride but he had patrons already. This tells me she left the riverboat.
J M, a golf cart taxi driver, said he was constantly giving passengers lifts from the boat and remembers seeing Taylor on the night she went missing. “She was intoxicated, very intoxicated, and she was with some other people,” he told Fox13. "“Everybody seemed happy,” Mr Munn said. “It wasn’t anything out of the ordinary.” Tamia's last picture [the photo of her wearing black shorts, white shirt that doesn't look like her at all -- vs the clothing of her little body dancing in white shorts and black jacket.]

Memphis Riverboat Cruises says it reviewed video on social media and believes Taylor made it back to the harbor. Hence, they've seen and likely downloaded a video proving her presence on the boat while it was in the harbor. Her body would have floated to the surface in the river by now. I hope LEO is still searching the river banks. The river is suffering drought-related low water levels like never before.

Can the taxi driver's words be trusted because surely he was not intoxicated that evening? His job is to hunt patrons and get paid for a safe ride. He says she requested a ride but he had patrons already. This tells me she left the riverboat.
About the body floating by now, perhaps (if she drowned) the body is caught under a dock or other underwater structure or sunken log, etc.

jmo

Sifting through everything, so far I've been thinking that way too. Maybe she simply bent over the railing too far while dancing/twerking and lost her balance? Who was taking that video? Someone who was holding her phone for her while she danced? I also have been pondering if someone saw her go over and scrammed the heck out of there.

I hope they find her and her poor loved ones get answers and closure.
Perhaps Tamia wanted a selfie/photo of herself sitting on the railing and went over?
IMO, Friends erase the photo on her phone. Phone is found by restroom, ditched. Restroom story, out of dodge.

Perhaps Tamia wanted a selfie/photo of herself sitting on the railing and went over?
IMO, Friends erase the photo on her phone. Phone is found by restroom, ditched. Restroom story, out of dodge.

No, IMO if a group saw her fall into the water, I don't care how much they have been drinking, at least some would have gone for help.
Maybe she fell into water while alone, either from the boat or later on shore, though?

Weren't there any "designated drivers" among all the folks on the boat, sober enough to see her? I can't understand how there is no legal consequence to the "Booze Cruise" company when they dock and turn a whole boatload of inebriated people loose to drive away. It's not like they could walk home. MOO MOO MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back