Today Show 9/30/08 - "Why Casey Is The Focus."

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand what you are saying about kids exhausting their parents. I have 3 of them. I also understand certain nicknames for your children that may not be the most flattering. These things in and of itself are nothing. However when you look at these things in light of everything else and the fact that it seems she used nicknames(not the cute kind) or "the kid" to refer to Caylee when speaking to her friends more than she used her name, Caylee, the name Casey gave to her, it says something about her state of mind when it comes to her child. When she says Caylee exhausts her more than she says Caylee brings a smile to her face it says something about Casey's perception of Caylee and the impact Caylee has on Casey's life.

I don't take that stuff seriously, either.

It's the lack of concern, no emails, no phone calls, and all the forensics that are biting me.

If we are not PRIVY to it, how do you know?

Do you have a link to where LE states they are running background checks and scrutinizing attorneys and others? Thanks

LE SAID they have a ton of stuff to which we are not privy.

They also said they released the interveiws that hey DON"T need to use, in the trial.

They don't usually do background check on people who are not likely to have committed the crime.

I've thought they were bluffing from the beginning. You were probably right to stay silent as being vocal didn't help me any.
I haven't heard everything but what I have heard didn't really amount to LE fibbing or lying. They stated things in a way that could be either or and chose their words very carefully. I'll explain, I think they're bluffiing so there are things I can find in their statements to support that. If you think they have the evidence, you can find something in their statements to support that also.
Skilled manipulation.

The FBI usually doesn't fib about test results to the media. The feds are a slightly different animal. And, they are proud fo their excellent lab and its excellent rep.

They usually just say nothing, rather than bluff.

Check the links that are posting in this thread.

You keeping current?

Yes I'm keeping current. I have checked the links, many links. Over a period of weeks, I've googled my brains out...lol

I know they have Caylee's DNA in the trunk, decomp and gases evidence, and her hair... but nothing that says the FBI confirmed the conclusive death rings on the hair.

I would think they found strands of her hair with the root still attached. In death the scalp will loosen and hairs will fall out. In Laci's case they found a hair that was broken and had no root.

I think they have an enormous amount of circumstantial evidence and it will much more than needed to prove beyond a doubt that Caylee is dead and was in the vehicle afterward.

Of course like in most cases they would prefer to find the body but with the more time that passes and no Caylee the closer they will get to charging Casey.

imoo

Dead on, Blue! No pun intended.

Honestly we have no confirmation of anything leaked, speculated upon, or mentioned in passing by LE. Whatever they have is in a holding pattern for confirmations, for a grand jury and for release in disclosure when necessary if further charges are presented. At this point we don't know what we know, and known knowns are not known to quote Rumsfeld off the cuff.

You kidding? DNA, death band, human cadaverine?

The ONLY thing more conclusive would be KC blowing on a smoking gun muzzel, on Channel 9!

THIS is what I have kept wondering about. I heard Kobi talking about "death rings" etc., but I neverheard anybody say Caylee's hair had them. I'm with you, solid physical evidence of death if the hairs showed that.

LE said that weeks ago. Anthony female line death band, Caylee's DNA, and the announcement that Caylee was dead and in the car.

From a weak video by JB, this thread has turned interesting. The body Farm issue is always an interesting topic. Science always moves ahead and since their are variables during testimony on the time and means of death. The body farm is designed to lock those means in. Its an interesting science and concept either way.

That's because WE are a lot more interesting than the stupid show. ;-)

LOL! I understood that! I am not sticking up for KC and sadly the odds are not on Caylees side for being alive, BUT... Casey has been TRIED and CONVICTED in the media (with LEs encouragement) and that is just not what our justice system is supposed to be about.

There are people out there that would absolutely LYNCH KC if given the chance. THAT scares me beyond words. We have our men/women fighting for these rights in another country right now. We have told other countries that our democracy is the right way to live. ANYONE who would encourage and/or incite a different path --- well, shame on them! I inclued the protestors, the media and LE - anyone who does not give the benifit of doubt to this person BEFORE a jury trial and all of the REAL EVIDENCE is presented.

Right now all we REALLY know is Caylee is missing and Casey has been charged with child neglect because she cant produce her. Casey has made false statements to LE, and she has been charged with cashing checks from an account that does not belong to her using false identification. As frustrating as it may be - THAT IS ALL. We must allow our system of justice to run its course.

Plus the fact that KC had the car and the child, and there is a lot of forensic evidence in the trunk.

And, not counting that KC has obstructed at every term.

I would say there is quite a LOT of evidence of a greater crime than thievery.

I don't think any of it has been misrepresented. I believe they have the proof and are just playing a waiting game right now. The odds and time are for LE. They have NO REASON to charge her right now. Let the game play out. Perps who think they are so smart, always make bad mistakes.

That house is explosive at best, they are running background checks and scrutinizing the attorney and others. They are looking at other charges for some involved. There is also the statutes on their " trust fund" to find Caylee. I noticed some of her " club haunts" have been raided and/or shut down by the DEA.

Don't get too confident yet............It is coming.........and when it comes, it will be with a big bang! I am betting there will be others charged for crimes surrounding this, but not involving Caylee when it all comes down.

There is a LOT going on...........we are just not privy to it.

Yeah, there is. I think the cops theorize premeditation. Might need the body for that, I don't know.

If they prosecuted now, might be they could not prove intent, but could prove maybe negligent homicide.

If Casey had anything else to say that would in any way help find Caylee, why would her attorney not just set up a news conference and let her get it out?

I guess because he has to make sure the people she talks about actually exist?

Now, CA is saying, "ZG used to be a real person. But, now it's a code name for whomever has Caylee. I think that's JG of AH." That's almost the exact quote, I think.

This report today seems to conflict with the local report last week in which LE said they were confident and building an "ironclad" case against Casey. In that report it was stated that the forensic evidence was being tested by three separate labs in order to build that ironclad case.

You kidding? DNA, death band, human cadaverine?

The ONLY thing more conclusive would be KC blowing on a smoking gun muzzel, on Channel 9!

Brini, you keep referring to "death band" in your posts but it simply isn't true or it least it hasn't been confirmed!
In fact, it was just reported on GMA this morning, out of the mouth of Capt. Beary himself that despite the circumstancial evidence they do NOT have CONCLUSIVE evidence that the child is dead. Now, knowing that death bands on hair are conclusive evidence that such a hair is from a dead person, and if they had such evidence on Caylee's hair, that would be CONCLUSIVE evidence that CAylee is indeed dead, would it not? So, IF they have death bands WHY are they are claiming they don't have conclusive evidence??

Understand, I am not arguing this for the sake of argument. *I* believe Caylee is deceased. But *LE are the ones who have to present the evidence to proceed with a case...they have to show CONCLUSIVE proof that she is dead.

~snip~here you go...

There are pseudo scents made, but to quote one trainer/handler: "This practice teaches the dog to find scent, not scent sources. There is a difference. It can be used for imprinting, but should be dropped fairly quickly in training."

Personally, I know very little about the scents (still learning about the training in general), other than they contain cadaverine and putrecine...but those are not specific to humans and there's more to human decomposition. Also, it's said the scents are only viable for a matter of minutes. Those I know who have cadaver dogs train them on actual human decomposition...using anything from placentas to coronor towels to actual remains. Variety (of types and amounts) is key...

Brini, you keep referring to "death band" in your posts but it simply isn't true or it least it hasn't been confirmed!
In fact, it was just reported on GMA this morning, out of the mouth of Capt. Beary himself that despite the circumstancial evidence they do NOT have CONCLUSIVE evidence that the child is dead. Now, knowing that death bands on hair are conclusive evidence that such a hair is from a dead person, and if they had such evidence on Caylee's hair, that would be CONCLUSIVE evidence that CAylee is indeed dead, would it not? So, IF they have death bands WHY are they are claiming they don't have conclusive evidence??

Understand, I am not arguing this for the sake of argument. *I* believe Caylee is deceased. But *LE are the ones who have to present the evidence to proceed with a case...they have to show CONCLUSIVE proof that she is dead.
and obviously the deathbands either were or werent there .first they said oh its proof now its not conclusive . i too believe if they have absolute proof shed have been sent back to jail by now ..held to be charged id think anyway ..if they are just letting her sit there and know for a FACT she killed caylee id be pretty damn shocked ..

I think many of us are under the impression that the FBI has conclusively found the death ring. LE does need to keep their evidence private. They have not provided what they have to JB. So who do we believe at this point? I am guessing we are going to have to wait and see how this plays out.

Was the LE guy today intentionally bluffing on what they have or do not have? Just throwing some thoughts out there...

I think many of us are under the impression that the FBI has conclusively found the death ring. LE does need to keep their evidence private. They have not provided what they have to JB. So who do we believe at this point? I am guessing we are going to have to wait and see how this plays out.

Was the LE guy today intentionally bluffing on what they have or do not have? Just throwing some thoughts out there...

That's just it, the death band thing is an impression, a speculation...it hasn't been stated conclusively. In fact, quite the contrary. LE says they don't yet have conclusive proof the child is dead and they are awaiting more tests...and ideally the discovery of the body.

And no, I don't believe they are bluffing. I believe they are doing what they have to do in order for the state to build a case.

This report today seems to conflict with the local report last week in which LE said they were confident and building an "ironclad" case against Casey. In that report it was stated that the forensic evidence was being tested by three separate labs in order to build that ironclad case.

Yep!

i think it may have become personal, for LE.

Beats me! On the same day that the test results were announced, including the death band info, the FBI sent a photo, for broadcast, of what said death band lookeds like. Pluse one of a normal hair, and on other-- I forgot of what.

That was the day that LE announced that they are no longer looking for a living Caylee, and cited the forensics.

Unless the chief is defining "conclusive proof" as the body itself, or even the autopsy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatGran
Back