Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
see I didn't see her cry.... My voice chances when crying..hell...even JA'S VOICE changed. I just saw fake..
The first interview she did with WSPA 7 is what I was referring to. She was in tears.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...ed-pings-cell-phone-find-kala-brown/93666136/

Wonder what they saw from the flyover exactly? Could they have even seen the shipping container from the air? Or simply the ground moving equipment was of enough concern? Curious. Could thermal imaging detect something through a shipping container?

I'm not sure what it is they saw but I was under the impression that they were not concidering the container. The way I read it was they were stood by it and one person heard screams. I might be reading it wrong but sounded like they just happened to be stood next to it.

I watched the 48 hours special last night and I've been going over some things in my mind, kind of trying to decide whether or not to post all of observations. I'll save the questionable portion for last in case a mod decides that it is inappropriate and wants to snip that piece.
As I was having lunch this afternoon at a very small airport in my town, my thoughts shifted to TK simply because of where I was. I was thinking about TK'S 3 requests:

1. Give a special picture of himself to his mother. This is my opinion but it seems very self centered to me, for him to want to request giving a picture of himself to his mother, as he had just been arrested for these brutal crimes.
2. Make a money transfer to a girl that he had been helping take care of. My thought here is that the sheriff or whoever granted this request should NOT have allowed this until after the trials/cases are closed. My reasoning here is that TK could have transferred all of the money from his account, maybe so he would have none and be considered indigenous therefore requiring the state to pay for his lawyers, defense, and trials. At the end of the episode it said that TK has requested a public defender.
3. His request to speak to his mother. No thoughts here really.

Now the part that I'm not sure would be allowed...
In the 48 hours special I noticed a picture of KB wearing a pink "dog collar" type of necklace, I simply was wondering if she was wearing this "necklace" when she was found in tied up in the cage with a chain from the top attached to "something else" that was around her neck, within the shipping container.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what it is they saw but I was under the impression that they were not concidering the container. The way I read it was they were stood by it and one person heard screams. I might be reading it wrong but sounded like they just happened to be stood next to it.

That's quite terrifying... the thought that she could so easily have been missed in there. I know that the police would have eventually searched in there if they found anything of concern during their search but still... she was completely at the mercy of TK. What if they'd taken him in for questioning and he didn't tell them she was in there. Doesn't bear thinking about!

2. Make a money transfer to a girl that he had been helping take care of. My thought here is that the sheriff or whoever granted this request should NOT have allowed this until after the trials/cases are closed. My reasoning here is that TK could have transferred all of the money from his account, maybe so he would have none and be considered indigenous therefore requiring the state to pay for his lawyers, defense, and trials. At the end of the episode it said that TK has requested a public defender.

Respectfully snipped. I believe that the money has not been transferred yet. They are looking into the legality of them doing so from what I've read.

During a foot search on the property, deputies were near the container when they “heard knocking”.
Then “deputies knocked back”.
Then the scream.
Thankful that Deputy Ronson was insistent that the knocking noises the deputies heard were NOT falling acorns.
FWIW, Acorns are currently falling on my metal roof and it does sound like knocking, but perhaps a bit more of a pinging sound.

http://web.gastongazette.com/interactive/todd-kohlhepp-south-carolina-suspected-murderer/

Deputy Rilie Ronson was new to the job.
As part of her training on how to execute search warrants, she was one of a small team of deputies conducting a foot search Nov. 3 on a desolate 96-acre property in Woodruff.
Then the deputies heard knocking.
The noises were coming from a standard metal shipping container on the site, and at first were thought to be from falling acorns. But Ronson insisted they were something more.
The deputies knocked back on the grooved steel walls. They were greeted immediately by a scream.

Now the part that I'm not sure would be allowed...
In the 48 hours special I noticed a picture of KB wearing a pink "dog collar" type of necklace, I simply was wondering if she was wearing this "necklace" when she was found in tied up in the cage with a chain from the top attached to "something else" that was around her neck, within the shipping container.

Thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

RSBM.

I noticed that picture as well. There was also a picture of her with a chain running along the side of the picture that looked like a playground swing chain (she was outside). I think those pictures are from KB's social media accounts but it was jarring to see. You might want to ask in this thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-Site-Is-it-a-Factor-*CAUTION-ADULT-CONTENT*
If anyone knows where 48 Hours found that picture. My guess would be it is on that site.

I very much doubt that the media got a picture of KB after she was freed. No way would LE release such an image (if they had taken pictures for evidence). JMO.

I think I've done all I am going to as far as TK and CDC's SM updates on the timeline.
I have more stuff from TK's page, but it is prior to 8/31. I have it saved so if any of it becomes relevant I can add it in.

It's interesting to see that there are posts to BOTH pages on the same day very rarely. It's like he had to keep himself straight... today I am 'Charlie', and now today I am good boy Todd. Weird.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16W-f3KfkNQIUbamUk2Hl4PdEvso4wHVvzP_EN2Qg890/edit#gid=0

I think I've done all I am going to as far as TK and CDC's SM updates on the timeline.
I have more stuff from TK's page, but it is prior to 8/31. I have it saved so if any of it becomes relevant I can add it in.

It's interesting to see that there are posts to BOTH pages on the same day very rarely. It's like he had to keep himself straight... today I am 'Charlie', and now today I am good boy Todd. Weird.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16W-f3KfkNQIUbamUk2Hl4PdEvso4wHVvzP_EN2Qg890/edit#gid=0

Timeline looks great Kadoober!

One thing I just noticed today is that the psych-evals say that TK's step-siblings were allegedly kidnapped by their mother in 1979. If that story goes along with the one RT told about her husband's ex picking up the kids when they were in Missouri, then they were living in Missouri in 1979. It's on page 3, 2nd Paragraph: https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws...evaluation-madison-street-jail-1478284254.pdf

I also noticed in that report it said he bought a stolen bike in Oct 1986. I'm thinking that could be relevant on the timeline. (page 2, about 10 lines up from the bottom)

Timeline looks great Kadoober!

One thing I just noticed today is that the psych-evals say that TK's step-siblings were allegedly kidnapped by their mother in 1979. If that story goes along with the one RT told about her husband's ex picking up the kids when they were in Missouri, then they were living in Missouri in 1979. It's on page 3, 2nd Paragraph: https://htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws...evaluation-madison-street-jail-1478284254.pdf

I also noticed in that report it said he bought a stolen bike in Oct 1986. I'm thinking that could be relevant on the timeline. (page 2, about 10 lines up from the bottom)

Oh wow, I totally missed that bit about the kidnapping... that makes a lot of sense with RTs story about picking up the kids. Good catch!

Both items have been added.

Oh wow, I totally missed that bit about the kidnapping... that makes a lot of sense with RTs story about picking up the kids. Good catch!

Both items have been added.

While you are adding things, a few more very specific dates:

On Oct. 5, 1982, Spartanburg School District 3 officials recommended an evaluation for Kohlhepp. That exam found he disrupted class, was easily frustrated, defiant and sensitive to criticism.

Between December 1982 and May 1983, Kohlhepp participated in eight therapy sessions with William Baker, a licensed psychologist, in Spartanburg.

From this article: http://web.gastongazette.com/interactive/todd-kohlhepp-south-carolina-suspected-murderer/

Those really help nail down when he was in SC and when he could have gone back to AZ. Although we read elsewhere he was in AZ in the summer of 1982, he most likely did not go back until after May of 1983 when he finished those therapy sessions in Spartanburg.

Crime Watch Daily is on right now and it's about TK.

Is there a link where it can be streamed live?? I am not familiar with this show :(

I don't know of a live stream, I'm watching on tv. They usually put up clips of their show online after. I'll look for it when it's over.

There wasn't much new info in the Crime Watch Daily report that I noticed:

They had an interview with the next door neighbor of TK and he said that TK had bragged that when he lived in AZ, if someone made him mad he would shoot them, put them in a barrel and let them rot.

They had new a interview with Sheriff Wright but I did not notice any new info (will have to watch again).

They tried to go to RT's house to talk to her and she had a sign up on the door saying "No interviews given". She opened the door and yelled at them through the storm door for them to leave her property. Reporter asked what she was going through as a mother and RT shook her finger at them and said "You have no idea".

They also had a few other friends of Charlie and KB on but nothing memorable that I saw. I need to watch again.

There wasn't much new info in the Crime Watch Daily report that I noticed:

They had an interview with the next door neighbor of TK and he said that TK had bragged that when he lived in AZ, if someone made him mad he would shoot them, put them in a barrel and let them rot.

They had new a interview with Sheriff Wright but I did not notice any new info (will have to watch again).

They tried to go to RT's house to talk to her and she had a sign up on the door saying "No interviews given". She opened the door and yelled at them through the storm door for them to leave her property. Reporter asked what she was going through as a mother and RT shook her finger at them and said "You have no idea".

They also had a few other friends of Charlie and KB on but nothing memorable that I saw. I need to watch again.

BBM...

Scary.

Some quotes from a very detailed news report:
Early on, a teenage Kohlhepp himself cited his anger toward one of his two fathers as the reason he raped a 14-year-old neighbor in Arizona.
The portrait is that of a troubled child, moving back and forth between a stepfather he hated and a biological father he modeled his love of guns after but grew to hate as well, and a mother struggling at times to claim him.
Todd's father, William Sampsell, a military veteran, divorced from Regina in 1973 after four years of marriage, when Kohlhepp was 2. Regina remarried shortly after, and at age 5, Todd took the last name Kohlhepp when his stepfather, Carl, adopted him into the family with two step-siblings.
Throughout his childhood, Kohlhepp expressed anger toward his stepfather. At age 12 in 1982, with his mother and stepfather split because of marital troubles, Kohlhepp was sent to live with his biological father for the summer.

Kohlhepp had barely known his father, not having seen him in eight years. His mother said she believed her son's problems might be because he never knew his father.

After the summer, Kohlhepp returned to South Carolina and demanded his mother send him back to Arizona. He threatened to kill himself or her if not allowed to go back.

The following school year, Kohlhepp was allowed to live with his biological father and even took the name Todd Sampsell. Kohlhepp worked as a dishwasher and busboy at his father's restaurant — Billy's Famous For Ribs — and did some landscaping and worked at a Burger King.

The relationship started out well, but deteriorated as Kohlhepp claimed that his father was always absent with any number of girlfriends.

During psychological evaluations, Kohlhepp indicated that his favorite hobby was collecting weapons, a trait he said he shared with his father who claimed to be a special forces soldier, mercenary and arms dealer who taught him how to "blow things up and make bombs." Attempts to reach his father by a USA Today Network newspaper in Arizona were unsuccessful.
In one conversation, Waldrop said, Kohlhepp told a story about how he and his father had flown in a helicopter "overseas" and used guns to circle around and "mow down a village" after villagers had shot at them.

"I thought it was just BS," he said. "He wanted to be a G.I. Joe, you know? He talked the talk. He knew all about guns. He bored me when he talked about guns."
http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/11/12/driven-anger/93548938/

BBM. I really would like to hear his father and step-father's side of all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member