Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how is it known that the superbike victims were not shot in the forehead (or head)? Did Pat Brown have that info from police? Where were they shot? TIA

I agree that the profiler that the Superbike shooting and the more recent crimes of keeping victims chained and luring victims to his home doesn't fit at all with the shootings. JMO.

Thanks for the link to her blog.

So how is it known that the superbike victims were not shot in the forehead (or head)? Did Pat Brown have that info from police? Where were they shot? TIA

I agree that the profiler that the Superbike shooting and the more recent crimes of keeping victims chained and luring victims to his home doesn't fit at all with the shootings. JMO.

BBM for focus.

I'm confused about this as well. She seems pretty confident that this detail about the victims being shot in the forehead is a LIE. Even if she was brought in as a profiler, would police really allow PB to know every little detail about the crime? Doesn't LE always keep some details back from the public? Could she have seen things like autopsy reports, etc that contradict that they were shot in the forehead? It seems pretty bold, IMO, to call the sheriff out as a liar.

BBM for focus.

I'm confused about this as well. She seems pretty confident that this detail about the victims being shot in the forehead is a LIE. Even if she was brought in as a profiler, would police really allow PB to know every little detail about the crime? Doesn't LE always keep some details back from the public? Could she have seen things like autopsy reports, etc that contradict that they were shot in the forehead? It seems pretty bold, IMO, to call the sheriff out as a liar.

Bold, but in a case so high profile where you've potentially got the profile wrong... could also be a career-saving job of throwing just enough doubt onto LE to excuse your incorrect profile....?

Just thoughts; I'm not sure where I'm sitting on this one yet.

Bold, but in a case so high profile where you've potentially got the profile wrong... could also be a career-saving job of throwing just enough doubt onto LE to excuse your incorrect profile....?

A while back, I read the FBI profile of the Supercycle killer and compared it to Brown's. The FBI's was very close, almost a perfect match. Brown's was off by quite a bit. It could be she's just sticking to her own opinion, you know, out of pride.

Like all of us, I'm pretty busy today, but if you get the time, go back and read the two different profiles. Brown's was off.

JMO, but I don't see how her blog post will gain her any further consulting jobs with the Spartanburg PD...JMO, other police organizations might not take those accusations kindly either. Seems like she is putting her livelihood on the line by doubling down on her original profile. IDK what that means...maybe she has valid reasons. :thinking:

How would you even profile this guy anyway! He is a hot angry mess, it seems if someone makes him mad he kills them in anyway he can! No pattern like some serial killers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was reported that they were each shot multiple times. This is false. LE knew it was false. They were each shot a single time in the forehead, that's what TK told them, and that's how they knew it was him. And I agree with what others have suggested - TK watched the news, noticed the incorrect details, and when he was detained and he knew his life was over he just had to set the record straight because he had to be right and he had to have the last word. And maybe it's just me, but, Sheriff Wright said, "This fellow will tell us exactly what happened in the shop that day". I think that was directed at the killer. I think that either she's lying or they didn't tell her everything they knew.

I honestly don't know why LE/Sheriff Wright would lie about this. You can see that he obviously cares about the victims, including the families.

TK raped a girl at gunpoint because he was angry at his dad. And somehow it's not possible that he would murder people for laughing at him? What about the reports from when they sent him to prison at 15 saying he was a danger to society and he should have gotten a longer sentence. What makes you think, after growing up and living with other criminals for 15 years, that he would no longer be a danger to society? Because you can see the things his mother has said about him all the way back from when he was a small child. There was no rehabilitating him. And on top of that, we know he had a love for guns. We know he liked to shoot and he would have been a good shot, just like they noted with the SB murders.

He's a serial killer and a psychopath with a hair trigger and the worst insecurity I think I've ever seen in a grown man. He isn't a criminal mastermind. Going around killing people because they ticked you off is sloppy, reckless, and will get you sent to prison quick. The only reason he wasn't caught is because they messed up the investigation early on and never interviewed him or truly looked in to his background, which is what they should have done with everyone.

I think pretty much all of us can agree TK is a perfect fit for this crime, whether this woman wants to believe it or not. Conspiracy theories can be fun but this just seems exploitative.

I can't find it now but I'm sure I read something that said TK "led" police to the proof that it was him. I assumed it to be something he'd shown them like the gun that was used or bullets etc. Maybe I misread.

I *THINK* I read another post on her blog that said she'd met with the police before she profiled the killer and read over the entire police file.

But, I could be misremembering things.

I *THINK* I read another post on her blog that said she'd met with the police before she profiled the killer and read over the entire police file.

I read the same. She mentioned she spent a week reviewing all the reports.

Where did I read that Sheriff Wright said on TV that the profiler being discussed had never had not had access to files and had made the profile based on what was read on the internet? hmm

Off to see if I can find an interview or statement to that affect from the sheriff.

ETA Nevermind. That was another blogger who was an ex detective who offered a profile and opinions about the case and the investigation.

Also... Read the comments now......very very interesting http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com.au/2016/11/is-todd-kohlhepp-really-superbike-killer.html

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Excuse me please I'm a tiny bit behind...

From the article above PB says this:
"I was stunned, to say the least. And confused. A serial killer that is also a mass murderer? That would be one for the history books. It isn't the way serial killers behave."

That is not true,in my opinion. While this may be abnormal, it has happened...
Think about Bundy. He killed individuals AND went into the sorority house and beat most of the ladies so badly that they were killed, if memory serves me right there was at least one survivor.

My point is that there have been serial/mass murderer combinations before TK.
Unfortunately there are probably more of these "kinds" that just haven't been caught yet....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

You did read it on her blog, it's been removed now.

The blogs were titled "I read it on the Internet part 1,2 and 3'. (Tongue in cheek saying she read it in the Internet ) I'm have no clue why they were taken down but in them she very clearly stated that she was asked by the spartenburg PD to review and profile the case and spent a week doing this. When she called out the sherif and LE in general for not following up on leads because they were convinced that the other leads were not relevant the sherif responded by saying she never had access to the files and was not asked by them to profile.

So either she is lying or he is.

She was right though, the leads she was talking about were different but LE did not do their job correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by cujenn81 View Post

You did read it on her blog, it's been removed now.

The blogs were titled "I read it on the Internet part 1,2 and 3'. (Tongue in cheek saying she read it in the Internet ) I'm have no clue why they were taken down but in them she very clearly stated that she was asked by the spartenburg PD to review and profile the case and spent a week doing this. When she called out the sherif and LE in general for not following up on leads because they were convinced that the other leads were not relevant the sherif responded by saying she never had access to the files and was not asked by them to profile.

So either she is lying or he is.

She was right though, the leads she was talking about were different but LE did not do their job correctly.

Not sure when PB reviewed and then profiled the SBM case but retired FBI BAU John Douglas Profiled the case in 2004 and his profile was spot on.. John Douglas was making a presentation at a local College when investigators approached him and asked if he would review the case. He agreed and profiled the case pro bono...

http://www.goupstate.com/news/20041105/killer-profiled-as-angry-gunman

Killer profiled as angry gunman

Posted Nov 5, 2004 at 12:25 AM

By JANET S. SPENCER Staff Writer
A nationally known criminal profiler, author and former FBI agent said Thursday that one person shot and killed the four victims at Superbike Motorsports near Chesnee last year.

John Douglas described a trail of death after reviewing the file from Spartanburg County sheriff's investigators.

He said the killer acting alone fits the mold of a disgruntled customer or someone who wanted to get back at one of the victims.

<snipped - read more>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member