Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting the suit states that CDC was taken hostage and held against his will prior to being shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found that interesting too. TK is just all over the place as far as MO goes.

http://www.independentmail.com/stor...-connected-disappearance-kala-brown/94973856/

In an interview, Stewart gave that as his reason that the Anderson Police Department is withholding from public view copies of multiple search warrants his agency sought while investigating the couple's disappearance.

Stewart declined to say what other potential criminal activity the department is investigating in this case, but said it could involve someone other than Todd Kohlhepp, who has been charged with kidnapping Brown and with killing Carver.

This makes me this the 'other' is NN. Based on the posts to Charlies FB while they were 'missing', I can't imagine they weren't looking into her.
IMO

For sure could be NN, but I think this is above and beyond what a scorned ex wife to be would do. Yes, she probably attempted to find out where they were for sure. I think the two different counties are pursuing different things. I do not think Spartanburg county was looking to find KB on that property. It was said in the very early stages that a 'TIP" had led Spartanburg county to seek search warrants on the property. I think the "other" will come from that part of the investigation. JMO

Is it reasonable to assume from KB's suit that she wasn't sexually assaulted? Hoping and praying she wasn't on top of the rest of it. But it also seems odd that he sexually assaulted his first kidnap victim (the one he let go when he was younger) and wouldn't do that now.

Hadn't seen this posted yet about the lawsuits:
SPARTANBURG, S.C. – A South Carolina man charged with killing a total of seven people is facing two new civil lawsuits.

The estate of Charlie Carver filed a wrongful death lawsuit Monday against Todd Kohlhepp and his mother, according to local news reports.

Last week, the woman authorities say was locked in a storage container for two months by Kohlhepp sued him for intentional infliction of emotional distress, false imprisonment, assault and battery.
The estate of Johnny Coxie is also suing Kohlhepp for wrongful death and personal injury.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/12/06/man-estate-files-suit-against-cold-case-killings-suspect.html

Pretty much what we already knew but I thought it was interesting that KB's name is not mentioned in the article. Could the media be preparing for reporting on additional charges where they normally would not mention the victim's name? Or did someone finally decide her name didn't need to be broadcast as a victim? IDK.

I suspect the media is just as confused/concerned about the extent of all that KB suffered during captivity and erring on the side of caution like we are.

More about the lawsuit by Charlie's family:
The suit alleges that Kohlhepp maliciously and intentionally held Carver against his will before taking his life.

The suit specifies Carver endured kidnapping, false imprisonment, assault, battery, emotional distress and wrongful death, among other things.

The Carver estate seeks actual, punitive and exemplary damages in an amount to be determined by a jury, as well as attorney and court costs.

The suit names Tegue as Kohlhepp's Power of Attorney and claims she has, or is in the process of, dispose of Kohlhepp's assets to avoid litigation.

The lawsuit was filed on the same day the police chief in Anderson confirmed that his detectives uncovered allegations of criminal activity in Carver's phone records.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/family...iles-lawsuit-against-confessed-killer/8467472

BBM.
Is it possible the criminal activity in the phone records is related to the impersonation on CBC's facebook? Could it be that TK used CBC's phone to do that? Or could there be other criminal activities with the phone and this lawsuit alleging TK held CBC hostage is because they think Charlie had to be alive for a while when TK used his phone? Would they file seeking damages for kidnapping, etc. when they have no evidence of that? And does that mean the family of CBC doesn't believe KB's account of TK shooting CBC right away? So many questions...

I suspect the media is just as confused/concerned about the extent of all that KB suffered during captivity and erring on the side of caution like we are.

Well I wish they had started doing that sooner, but you are probably right. She is still mentioned by name in other articles published today. :facepalm:

Police consider alleged crimes connected to Br*** abduction

Anderson Police Chief Jim Stewart said Sunday night that his department is investigating "other alleged criminal activity" that may be connected to the disappearance of KB and the death of her boyfriend, Charles David Carver.

In an interview, Stewart gave that as his reason that the Anderson Police Department is withholding from public view copies of multiple search warrants his agency sought while investigating the couple's disappearance.

Stewart declined to say what other potential criminal activity the department is investigating in this case, but said it could involve someone other than Todd Kohlhepp, who has been charged with kidnapping B and with killing Carver.

"Those search warrants reveal names and information belonging to witnesses in this case, and may reveal identities of suspects who don't even know we are onto them yet," Stewart said. "At this point, we cannot put them out there."

Well, well. Whats going on ere then?

Here's another article about "others", (Plural!) possibly being involved:
Stewart said the warrants and investigative reports related to their involvement in Br*** and Carver’s disappearances may harm the investigation if released at this time.

Stewart offered this elaboration via e-mail on Monday:
“They are a part of an active murder and kidnapping investigation through Spartanburg County. Information in the records that detectives have obtained show possible links to other individuals that might have been involved in these and other crimes.”

http://www.wbtv.com/story/33901103/...se-files-may-contain-links-to-others-involved

Could "other individuals" refer to family members that knew about TK's crimes and covered them up or ignored it? I have no idea! :scared:

*slaps forehead*
Thank you!

Don't feel bad you forgot that one, Kadoober. You were looking at actual court records and it turns out the Superbike lawsuit has yet to be filed. I thought it had been because we have heard it is coming for a while now. This was published today: "A wrongful death suit said to be coming from the families of the victim in the Superbike case has yet to be filed." More about the other lawsuits here: http://www.goupstate.com/news/20161206/more-civil-suits-filed-against-todd-kohlhepp

I wonder what the hold up is on the Superbike families filing suit? Could they all be wanting to file different charges and trying to agree? Could each estate be considering filing separately for the Superbike victims or would a joint suit be better for them all?

The moderation may seem strict to some but what is seen sometimes elsewhere is exactly why it is that way here. That is why we stick to what WE are best at: civilized case discussion where victims are treated as such.

Don't feel bad you forgot that one, Kadoober. You were looking at actual court records and it turns out the Superbike lawsuit has yet to be filed. I thought it had been because we have heard it is coming for a while now. This was published today: "A wrongful death suit said to be coming from the families of the victim in the Superbike case has yet to be filed." More about the other lawsuits here: http://www.goupstate.com/news/20161206/more-civil-suits-filed-against-todd-kohlhepp

I wonder what the hold up is on the Superbike families filing suit? Could they all be wanting to file different charges and trying to agree? Could each estate be considering filing separately for the Superbike victims or would a joint suit be better for them all?

http://www.walb.com/story/33708138/...rder-victims-to-file-lawsuit-against-kohlhepp

I was just re-watching the confession of Russell Williams again (I love a good confession tape!)... and then was doing some reading around follow up stuff. Something stuck out at me from an article that I thought was relevant to TK's case:

At the heart of the dispute is a “domestic contract” the couple signed in March 2010, six weeks after Williams, now 51, admitted to his depraved, late-night crime spree. Harriman paid her husband $62,000 in cash and assumed the remaining mortgage on their $700,000 Ottawa townhouse, while he took sole possession of their lakefront cottage in Tweed, Ont., purchased a few years earlier for $178,000 (and located just three doors down from Massicotte’s house). Although Williams is the primary defendant in Massicotte’s $7-million lawsuit, Harriman is accused of participating in a “fraudulent conveyance” aimed at protecting her partner’s assets from potential litigation.

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/ex-wife-of-serial-killer-russell-williams-loses-court-battle/

Could TK's mother be accused of fraudulent conveyance? Knowing the fact that he transferred monies to her after his arrest...?

Also... can LE overlook a crime if a perpetrator intending to commit a crime, or carrying out a crime, becomes a victim within that crime? Are there any precedents for this? I'm just wondering what might happen to KB if, as has been intimated by LE, she was involved in criminal activity that led to her being at TK's house. Do they have to charge if they are aware of a crime? I know they can do deals and go for lesser charges, but can they turn a blind eye altogether? I suppose it depends on what the crime is...

:thinking:

Yes, I know. Thanks for the article. That was way back on Nov 14th the attorney said were filing and the article from today says they haven't filed yet. :waiting:

Thank you, I feel less crazy now. I was at a loss trying to find it in the Spartanburg county records. I kept going back and double checking that Chesnee was in S County. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV