Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some posts have been removed.

When you discuss "other groups", even in a critical manner, you inadvertently facilitate them, and assist in giving legs to rumors.

So he was allowed to give his money away to some girl to pay for her college and now the State has to pay for his defense. Ridiculous.

So he was allowed to give his money away to some girl to pay for her college and now the State has to pay for his defense. Ridiculous.

The amount of cash he would need to have for a capital murder case defense is in the several million dollar range. The State will pay for a good defense attorney so he doesn't lose his attorney half way through the trials due to payment issues which would then cause mistrials, etc. There is no way he was allowed to transfer more than a few thousand dollars, IMO. This article details why he may be eligible for a public defender.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/news/crime/2016/11/29/todd-kohlhepp-south-carolina/94617714/

I have a question...... What type of crime would you be committing on your cellphone to trigger the release of this statement :

The lawsuit was filed on the same day the police chief in Anderson confirmed that his detectives uncovered allegations of criminal activity in Carver's phone records. Carver lived in Anderson, according to family members.Chief Jim Stewart said the crimes involve Greenville and Spartanburg counties, so officers in those jurisdictions need time to investigate whether Kohlhepp is connected. Stewart would not get specific about the alleged criminal activity.t

What constitutes criminal activity on a phone?

Source: http://www.wyff4.com/article/watch-bald-eagles-locked-in-epic-battle/8480437

I have a question...... What type of crime would you be committing on your cellphone to trigger the release of this statement :

The lawsuit was filed on the same day the police chief in Anderson confirmed that his detectives uncovered allegations of criminal activity in Carver's phone records. Carver lived in Anderson, according to family members.Chief Jim Stewart said the crimes involve Greenville and Spartanburg counties, so officers in those jurisdictions need time to investigate whether Kohlhepp is connected. Stewart would not get specific about the alleged criminal activity.t

Source: http://www.wyff4.com/article/watch-bald-eagles-locked-in-epic-battle/8480437

Good question! I have no idea but I think impersonation, hacking or some kind of phishing could come into play. Maybe TK used CDC's phone to view illegal *advertiser censored*? But for it to be in both counties means TK was sometimes in Greenville using the phone. Which is possible if he still had real estate listings there.

Drug deal. Prostitution. Etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With all the legal knowledge TK seems to have and (I hate to say this...) experience, wouldn't it be a rookie move to continue to use a victims phone, risking pings and location being discovered.

the wording is odd to me. If it said

police chief in Anderson confirmed that his detectives uncovered evidence of criminal activity in Carver's phone records.

it would make more sense to me. How does one discover allegations in a phone record?

it would make more sense to me. How does one discover allegations in a phone record?

Text discussions of other peoples illegal activity?
Perhaps CDC was talking with someone about say.... TK and KB being up to something. Or NN and someone...
(I'm not making any accusations towards anyone in particular, just using initials of other people involved in this case as examples)

:thinking:

With all the legal knowledge TK seems to have and (I hate to say this...) experience, wouldn't it be a rookie move to continue to use a victims phone, risking pings and location being discovered.

His posts to CDC's FB were all over the place, but came in clusters, and at all different times of the day.
I wonder if he thought he was being crafty. A group of posts all coming from one location in the morning, a group in the evening from another, etc., with none of the locations tracing to him.
Just a thought.

Another thought I have had since the beginning is that his extremely risky behavior regarding the FB posts is an indicator of wanting to be caught, and stopped. If that is the case, he may very well have been posting from the comfort of his own living room, just waiting for LE to come get him.

He seems relatively self aware, he knows what he is, and I don't think he likes it. This may sound out there, given who we are talking about, but I really don't think he wanted to kill KB, but knew that sooner or later he would 'have to' unless he was caught.

The only think I can think of would be someone texting him and threatening to report him to LE for something they know he was doing that was illegal. (?) Just a hunch.

His posts to CDC's FB were all over the place, but came in clusters, and at all different times of the day.
I wonder if he thought he was being crafty. A group of posts all coming from one location in the morning, a group in the evening from another, etc., with none of the locations tracing to him.
Just a thought.

Another thought I have had since the beginning is that his extremely risky behavior regarding the FB posts is an indicator of wanting to be caught, and stopped. If that is the case, he may very well have been posting from the comfort of his own living room, just waiting for LE to come get him.

He seems relatively self aware, he knows what he is, and I don't think he likes it. This may sound out there, given who we are talking about, but I really don't think he wanted to kill KB, but knew that sooner or later he would 'have to' unless he was caught.

Interesting assessment Kadoober. I think you may be onto something with the cluster posts. Being in real estate he could post from an open house or while waiting in his car for a client to show a house. He could always be in a different location and maybe he never posted to fb from his home or office at all. I wonder if it's possible for LE to match up any post locations with his real estate schedule/listing locations? I'm not sure I agree he wanted to be caught though. He had complaints against him for his disturbing facebook postings going back to Aug 2009: http://www.goupstate.com/news/20161...ints-against-todd-kohlhepp-never-investigated

He had been getting away with posting disturbing things online for at least 7 YEARS and he was not investigated--and that is just what we know was posted under his name and attached to his real estate business. Your awesome timeline with screen shots can only go back so far because it seems he deleted that 2009 fb account. I shudder to think how many message boards he might have anonymously posted on. I think he grew too egotistical and thought he would never be caught. JMO.

Hmmm...Do we know if there was any connection between CDC/KB and the Coxies? Is it possible that Charlie texted TK asking if he knew where Meagan and Johnny were? Maybe he heard from a mutual friend the Coxies were hired to clean for TK and Charlie was asking about that since he and KB were going out to clean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV