Todd Kohlhepp - Breaking News / Latest Developments

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's doubtful as the case was just filed two days ago and is still pending. Normally that means that the Summons hasn't been issued. He has to be served formally with the Summons and the Complaint before he can file an Answer and bring in a third party defendant via a Cross-Complaint. That's how it's done here in California anyway. I'm a paralegal but don't do personal injury. Civil rights and employment law is what our firm does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! So is there another way for her to become a third party defendant? And what could that indicate?

That's doubtful as the case was just filed two days ago and is still pending. Normally that means that the Summons hasn't been issued. He has to be served formally with the Summons and the Complaint before he can file an Answer and bring in a third party defendant via a Cross-Complaint. That's how it's done here in California anyway. I'm a paralegal but don't do personal injury. Civil rights and employment law is what our firm does.

Could it be something simple that she is his next of kin, because he's in jail?

If you go to this site and type in TK's last name, you can see that his mother is named as a 3rd party defendant in KB's case against him.

What do you all make if this? It's my guess that she is managing his funds, but I don't know.

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Spartanburg/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

Case # 2016CP4204265

What we have seen was the original complaint filed. If you click on the actions tab while viewing the case on the court site you will see that an amended complaint and summons were filed. Those docs likely contain an explanation as to why we are see TK's mother shown as 3rd party defendant. The amended complaint and summons were filed yesterday.

Could it be something simple that she is his next of kin, because he's in jail?

To answer both you and Gardener- I think he may have given her power of attorney over his financial affairs. I cannot be sure without looking at the actual complaint but that's what makes sense to me right now.

To answer both you and Gardener- I think he may have given her power of attorney over his financial affairs. I cannot be sure without looking at the actual complaint but that's what makes sense to me right now.

That make sense, thank you! Any insight into why she would only be named as a 3rd party defendant in KB's civil suit and not the other suits against him? He is also being sued by the Superbike victim's families and the fence company but RT is not named as third party for those cases.

That make sense, thank you! Any insight into why she would only be named as a 3rd party defendant in KB's civil suit and not the other suits against him? He is also being sued by the Superbike victim's families and the fence company but RT is not named as third party for those cases.

I am not sure. I'm speculating about the power of attorney and that her attorneys may have known about it. Is the Complaint online anywhere yet? The way the others (like Superbike victims' families) have done it is the way it is normally done.

What we have seen was the original complaint filed. If you click on the actions tab while viewing the case on the court site you will see that an amended complaint and summons were filed. Those docs likely contain an explanation as to why we are see TK's mother shown as 3rd party defendant. The amended complaint and summons were filed yesterday.

Indeed, thank you for pointing that out.

Amended suit, naming RT as 3rd party defendant as she is his Power of attorney:

http://publicindex.sccourts.org/Spa...=vb6u0fEgXDtJDGBrhEmK8Rrmw2SXw+2OVOg6Ls3PcAw=

That Third Party Defendant, Regina Tague, upon information and belief, is the
designated Power of Attorney, referenced at DEE BK 113-X PG 545 and recorded in the
Register of Deeds for the County of Spartanburg, State of South Carolina and, therefore, has subjected herself to the jurisdiction of this Court.

TK's mom could be a party to the suit if she owned or was part owner of the property where he held KB.

Has the sex trafficking theory been discussed in any threads here?

Police consider alleged crimes connected to Br*** abduction

Anderson Police Chief Jim Stewart said Sunday night that his department is investigating "other alleged criminal activity" that may be connected to the disappearance of KB and the death of her boyfriend, Charles David Carver.

In an interview, Stewart gave that as his reason that the Anderson Police Department is withholding from public view copies of multiple search warrants his agency sought while investigating the couple's disappearance.

Stewart declined to say what other potential criminal activity the department is investigating in this case, but said it could involve someone other than Todd Kohlhepp, who has been charged with kidnapping B and with killing Carver.

"Those search warrants reveal names and information belonging to witnesses in this case, and may reveal identities of suspects who don't even know we are onto them yet," Stewart said. "At this point, we cannot put them out there."

Well, well. Whats going on ere then?

Anderson Police Chief Jim Stewart said Sunday night that his department is investigating "other alleged criminal activity" that may be connected to the disappearance of KB and the death of her boyfriend, Charles David Carver.

In an interview, Stewart gave that as his reason that the Anderson Police Department is withholding from public view copies of multiple search warrants his agency sought while investigating the couple's disappearance.

Stewart declined to say what other potential criminal activity the department is investigating in this case, but said it could involve someone other than Todd Kohlhepp, who has been charged with kidnapping B and with killing Carver.

"Those search warrants reveal names and information belonging to witnesses in this case, and may reveal identities of suspects who don't even know we are onto them yet," Stewart said. "At this point, we cannot put them out there."

Well well. Wonder how long before the public finds out. I have an idea maybe. Waiting on release

Wow. This could be interesting.

Wonder if any search warrants were at the Moms place. Is there a chance she unknowingly bought him supplies that were used in his crimes.

TK's mom could be a party to the suit if she owned or was part owner of the property where he held KB.

Thats along the lines of what I am beginning to wonder. Even if she did not know what he was doing, maybe she bought something major for him that he used in the crimes. Like the shipping container or something along those lines.

Indeed, thank you for pointing that out.

Amended suit, naming RT as 3rd party defendant as she is his Power of attorney:

....snipped for focus....

With many of us being power of attorneys for our elderly parents this brings up an important question that I am not sure about.

I guess I have a question that maybe only an attorney may be able to answer.

Does being a power of attorney open up oneself to possible legal action for actions the other party committed?

I always thought that it was just used to be able sign forms for the person and never thought a power of attorney person could be held liable for actions the other party committed. This is scary to think about if someone is just being a power of attorney for their elderly parent and someone ends up finding out their parent did something financially wrong then could the power of attorney be also held responsible?

http://www.independentmail.com/stor...-connected-disappearance-kala-brown/94973856/

Stewart declined to say what other potential criminal activity the department is investigating in this case, but said it could involve someone other than Todd Kohlhepp, who has been charged with kidnapping Brown and with killing Carver.

This makes me this the 'other' is NN. Based on the posts to Charlies FB while they were 'missing', I can't imagine they weren't looking into her.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member