Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this thread, but I have a very basic question... Please forgive me if it is a dumb one... but the photo I saw of the tattoo on "Peaches" showed clearly pale, Caucasian skin. But she was reported as a Black woman. I understand that decomp can cause color change, but doesn't skin usually get darker, not lighter, after death? Can someone explain this to me?

iirc the tattoo artist said she was light skinned, possibly biracial. I have known many African Americans with skin the tone of the photo. It doesn't look clearly Caucasian to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it read TBP, (e.g., "The B??? Peach"), but your theory makes sense. I will follow the bunny trail to see where it leads. At least it's something concrete we can pursue.

I too thought 'TBP.' Glad you said it actually as when I mentioned it up thread I thought I might be seeing things :)

I thought it read TBP, (e.g., "The B??? Peach"), but your theory makes sense. I will follow the bunny trail to see where it leads. At least it's something concrete we can pursue.

'Just jumping off your post

Did the tatt artist, Cullen, mention "initials" or lettering? 'Seem he would have remembered that during questioning by LE and/or Rachel & Josh. I mean, he knew they were trying to identify this woman and most artists remember their details on a painting (and particularly when seeing a photo of it). Maybe another interview is needed?

I dont believe it took four years to make a connection between peaches and toddler. For two reasons. A connection was made between toddler and remains on the pkwy. Did that take four years? No. And they must of got a DNA hit with peaches and the remains on the pkwy at the same time.

ITA

And, an interesting snip from this 2011 article (although not a direct quote) LE "believes" both toddler and mother were killed just 4-5 years previously which doesn't fit with the year when Peaches' torso was found, so the "spin" by LE was in effect from the get-go.

"Police released pictures of the jewelry the adult female, possibly the mother, consisting of a snake chain bracelet and an X-O style bracelet. The child, possibly the woman’s daughter was wearing a set of hoop earrings and a rope necklace. They are both believed to have been killed between four and five years ago."

http://archive.longislandpress.com/...ictim-sketches-released-in-gilgo-murder-case/

ITA

And, an interesting snip from this 2011 article (although not a direct quote) LE "believes" both toddler and mother were killed just 4-5 years previously which doesn't fit with the year when Peaches' torso was found, so the "spin" by LE was in effect from the get-go.

"Police released pictures of the jewelry the adult female, possibly the mother, consisting of a snake chain bracelet and an X-O style bracelet. The child, possibly the woman’s daughter was wearing a set of hoop earrings and a rope necklace. They are both believed to have been killed between four and five years ago."

http://archive.longislandpress.com/...ictim-sketches-released-in-gilgo-murder-case/
According to NAMUS the child was dead one year when she was found. LE wanted to throw everyone off with mom and toddler.

'Just jumping off your post

Did the tatt artist, Cullen, mention "initials" or lettering? 'Seem he would have remembered that during questioning by LE and/or Rachel & Josh. I mean, he knew they were trying to identify this woman and most artists remember their details on a painting (and particularly when seeing a photo of it). Maybe another interview is needed?

that's a very good question.. I give the tat artist's statement a 7/10... something not filling my ears...

The story on the media is "police issued a black and white picture of a peach tattoo and this artist described the color scheme of the tattoo perfectly..." sounds like a "duh!"

I called the man once and spoke with him a few minutes. What I can say maybe he is mistaken, or perhaps he's just an attention seeker... These are the possibilities.

I posted this several times on the forum

Bracelet No 1
http://img.grouponcdn.com/deal/mGBehKH6Wr3mjpaFFFfY/Xy-440x267/v1/t440x300.jpg

Bracelet No 2
http://groupon.s3.amazonaws.com/spo...Bangle-Bracelet-in-Gold-Plated-Bronze-725.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Health/ht_ll_208265_jewelry_dm_110920_ssh.jpg

Both items are from Groupon inventory, around 19 Dollars each. Can be sold in flea markets too, but there's one in a million chance that they may be bought online as XO Bracelets (The patterns goes XOXOXO) are on the market by late 2008. I wrote this to SCPD too, I don't know what they did. The picture quality is horrible. Groupon may help them what exactly the items are and where they were distributed. If the toddler's jewelleries are also from Groupon inventory, I would definitely look to see if there is credit card account purchasing these items.

Has anyone else re-looked into this?

Has anyone else re-looked into this?

Anyone meaning law enforcement? I have no idea..

What I know is DNA comparison on the NAMUS database is not automated.

That means; Celina's DNA (whether true or false, see my post about the possibility of a forged DNA submission) is on the database but for it to be compared with Peaches Doe the investigating agency must take action. Otherwise a possible DNA match is still out there not investigated.

Just a few random thoughts to add this morning.

1. I wouldn't bother to go down a huge rabbit hole regarding the symbolism of the tattoo. It's a peach with a bite taken out of it and juice running out. Juicy Peach. Seems pretty cut and dry, imo. That said, I also wouldn't rule out the subject matter of the tattoo having something to do with Atlanta. That's at least worth a shot.

2. If there is lettering in the tattoo itself, that would scream branding to me. Not sure how exactly we would go about trying to trace that to a pimp or a crew that was around in 1997 or earlier.

3. If Peaches did mention "boyfriend" troubles to the tat artist, it's entirely possible she went there to cover up a branding. I would think the tat artist would remember if the tat was a cover-up. Assuming, of course, he's telling the truth.

3. When trying to match up a UID with a missing person, you have to open your eyes to all sorts of possiblilities. For instance, just because a body was found in 1997 doesn't mean they were reported missing in 1997. Or ever reported missing, for that matter. And just because a UID is found in one state doesn't mean they came from that state. Not trying to state the obvious here...just pointing out that these kinds of searches really can be a needle in a haystack situation.

4. Having said all that, it is interesting to note that, according to the tat artist, Peaches came in for her tat with an aunt and a cousin. IF these women really were an aunt and a cousin, that MAY give a better timeline for when she may have been reported missing. Bear in mind that in many many cases, missing loved ones are never reported missing. Some, like Jason Callahan, weren't reported missing until 20 years after his remains had already been found.

Not trying to discourage anyone, but this is the reality of trying to match missing persons with UIDs.
:(

just saw this update on news12, wow...
I have a question maybe someone can answer...if the tattoo artist remembers his work, cant he identify the woman? don't all tattoo parlors take photo ID? I've been getting tattoos here on long island for some 20+ years and they always have taken a photo copy of my ID plus write on forms you sign the design of tattoo. hope this is not a dumb question (just got courage to post, been reading threads forever :)

Welcome to WS vintagechick! Parlor had all the records, also of her, alas they have been destroyed in floods.

On another note, because of your nick and location, do you mind to have a look at this new case? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...33-on-shoreline-of-Jamaica-Bay-tattoos-Sep-16 Would love to hear your opinion. Maybe you recognize the tattoos of the woman or where they could have been made in the area or anything that springs to your your mind.

Once I had posted this..
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-Peaches-Jane-Doe-3&p=11955934#post11955934

and this

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-Peaches-Jane-Doe-3&p=11958891#post11958891

Interesting thing is I couldn't find XOXO bracelets online before 2008... How come they are on the body of a woman died in 1997?

Strange and of course why so late to crosscheck?

Wow! I mentioned earlier to find out more about the jewelry and the suggestion was ridiculed. Great find! It looked familiar but I could not place the brand to it. Was the business a start up at the time and it was only sold in a few locations would be a good lead.

I am a bit confused about some details, would someone help to clear it for me?

Peaches torso was found June 28, 1997. Toddler was found April 04, 2011.

From 2011 post on WS - red is highlighted by me
No sketch available
Not in Namus

Jones Beach State Park
Near Zach's Bay, east of Jones Beach Tower
Nassau County, NY

11 April, 2011

Found in a plastic bag less than 40 feet from Ocean Parkway -- 1.5 miles east of the Jones Beach tower.

"Police have confirmed that the latest set of bones found Monday morning at Jones Beach State Park are human remains.

Those remains, potentially those of a 9th victim, were discovered near Zach’s Bay at the park, which is about a mile and a half east of the Jones Beach water tower." (CBS New York)

"The blanketed body of the youngest victim, a girl no older than 32 months, has been connected to another of the victims: a woman whose partial remains were found seven miles to the west near Ocean Parkway on April 11, Suffolk County police officials said Tuesday.

They added that it was quite likely that the woman was the toddler’s mother." (NY Times)

"Both mother and daughter had on inexpensive jewelry." (NY Post)

"Her mother was found with two bracelets: one with X and O charms and the other with stones made to look like diamonds." (NY Post)

Newsday Map

Shadowraith's Map

gilgo4-popup.jpg

That was not describing of the Peaches at that time, was it? Those adult remains with jewellery, when were they found? Did anyone seen any articles about it?

Year 1996 is mentioned often too, even on http://www.aetv.com/shows/the-killing-season/season-1/episode-2/bonus-peaches is mentioned that Peaches was found in 1996, yet we all know it was 1997. So, does that mean adult remains with jewellery, were parts of Peaches and discovered already in 1996?

The gold looks like it is 18K popular among Indian women. JMO

It looks gold plated to me due to the discoloration and lack of shine. Gold doesn't discolor if it's solid gold no matter what karat it is....

This company changed ownership 3x the last being a large corporation. Between 94-97, it would be interesting to find out how widespread across the country, the jewelry was available and where.

XOXO is an American contemporary clothing brand, owned by Kellwood Company. XOXO is targeted towards young females, mainly teenagers. It was started by Gregg and Lynne Fiene in 1991 along with their partners, Marc and Michelle Bohbot. The brand includes apparel and accessories, including handbags, sunglasses, belts, and jewelry. The partners sold the company to Aris Industries in 1999, who sold it to Global Brand Holdings in 2003. Rights to the brand were later licensed to Kellwood.[SUP][1][/SUP]

I am a bit confused about some details, would someone help to clear it for me?

Peaches torso was found June 28, 1997. Toddler was found April 04, 2011.

From 2011 post on WS - red is highlighted by me

That was not describing of the Peaches at that time, was it? Those adult remains with jewellery, when were they found? Did anyone seen any articles about it?

Year 1996 is mentioned often too, even on http://www.aetv.com/shows/the-killing-season/season-1/episode-2/bonus-peaches is mentioned that Peaches was found in 1996, yet we all know it was 1997. So, does that mean adult remains with jewellery, were parts of Peaches and discovered already in 1996?

mom was just extremities in a bag
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?164964-Post-your-PROFILE&p=10885811#post10885811

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13