Toddler's Mother/Peaches/Jane Doe #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work the jewelry counter at K Mart some years ago, and the jewelry looks like something we may have sold. Cheap, no obvious manufacturer trademarks. I think if Peaches bought this set for her and her daughter, she probably purchased it from a place like K Mart, and it would have been inexpensive, which likely points to Peaches being a low income worker.

Spongy is right, it's run of mill jewelry. I have those chains from the early 90's and a braclet with the X's on it. It was trendy back then, and gold was not a fortune either. The Namus report on Peaches states she was covered in plastic garbage bags in the bin. First time I saw that.

Spongy is right, it's run of mill jewelry. I have those chains from the early 90's and a braclet with the X's on it. It was trendy back then, and gold was not a fortune either. The Namus report on Peaches states she was covered in plastic garbage bags in the bin. First time I saw that.
I believe the DNA will solve a lot of the mystery here.it is so versatile. Not only can it identify who a person was, but it can identify relationships. I mean mitochondrial dna can stay the same for centuries. So i think of there is a living or dead relative out there in some database, eventually we will l find that person, and we will finally close the mystery of who were peaches and baby doe. Who knows it may even blow the lid off the whole LISK case!

Re: jewelry, I mentioned that the clasps on the bracelets are types that I personally have only seen on jewelry with some value, meaning some semi or precious jewels (even if a very low carat weight) or a higher amount of gold. You could buy inexpensive diamond and precious metal jewelry in the 90s at stores like Sears, JC Penney, Service Merchandise, etc.

And re: the sheets, fantastic find. Wamsutta, in the 90s, was supposedly considered a very expensive brand. But plenty of outlet malls had Wamsutta stores. In fact, I think then they were called Springmaid-Wamsutta when acting as standalone stores. You have your Mikasa store and your Wamsutta store and now you got an outlet mall. And such outlet malls were peppered throughout the Southeast, specifically including places like TN, NC, SC, and FL.

I am about to finish The Killing Season, having binge-watched it since last night. If you haven't watched it, it is SO worth getting. Utterly riveting and compelling without tactics. Really puts a face on the families who are left to deal with the fall out. Brings life to the victims and makes them tangible. Sensitive to the people and scrappy with evidence. Rachel and Josh display their real emotions, along with real honesty and determination. I have to assume that's why they received cooperation from certain sources who might have otherwise been reluctant. Buy the whole season, you won't regret it.

Ok, trying to catch up from the weekend. So can someone fill me in? Seems like we're thinking pillow sham came from Bed Bath & Beyond in LI? Where were there BBB in LI in the early/mid 90's? Also could be Loehmanns? Where were those in LI same time? Did I miss anything else?

THANKS!
Rachel

Ok, trying to catch up from the weekend. So can someone fill me in? Seems like we're thinking pillow sham came from Bed Bath & Beyond in LI? Where were there BBB in LI in the early/mid 90's? Also could be Loehmanns? Where were those in LI same time? Did I miss anything else?

THANKS!

Rachel

According to nedflanders1980, he/she looked up BBB annual reports/financials. They are headquartered in Union, NJ and "looks like ti was primarily in the east coast back ten. He/she tried to find actual store numbers and it looked like there were only 110 nationwide. There were stores in Queens, East Hanover, NJ, Woodbridge, NJ and 11 in NY and 7 in NJ. She/he is pretty sure there was a store in Farmingdale, LI. There were also 3 stores in Conneticut."

This thread, post #780.

Oh, and they were sold at Marshall Field's in Chicago in the early 90's.

Here's to hoping Peaches and Precious Doe have their names back in 2017. May they both RIP and the prep be caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. :rose::rose:

Awesome work, sleuthers. Keep it up. And thank you! [emoji144]

eerie, I agree the jewelry looks almost identical.

eerie, I agree the jewelry looks almost identical.
She is a good match I also came across her, the only thing I question is driving body parts from Virginia or DC to NYC is taking a big chance, I imagine people would want to dispose of it as soon as they could to shake themselves from it.

I think rather then randomly running around BBB or any other shops on LI, the best way to get accurate information about this exact pillow shams is to contact Wamsuta.com and enquire by whom the exact design was made (they have used work of many famous designers) but most importantly WHEN was this design firstly made. If it was mass produced or in limited numbers on pillow shams prior to 1997. They could still have information about distribution points on East Coast or LI. If they could not find the information, they would be the best to know who to contact further. Just my humble opinion.

Here is design http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAMSUTTA-2-...036457?hash=item211d5516e9:g:-F0AAOSwgQ9VntGm
Called - WAMSUTTA pillow shams cotton blend FLORAL BLACK GRAY ROSE

I think rather then randomly running around BBB or any other shops on LI, the best way to get accurate information about this exact pillow shams is to contact Wamsuta.com and enquire by whom the exact design was made (they have used work of many famous designers) but most importantly WHEN was this design firstly made. If it was mass produced or in limited numbers on pillow shams prior to 1997. They could still have information about distribution points on East Coast or LI. If they could not find the information, they would be the best to know who to contact further. Just my humble opinion.

Here is design http://www.ebay.com/itm/WAMSUTTA-2-...036457?hash=item211d5516e9:g:-F0AAOSwgQ9VntGm
Called - WAMSUTTA pillow shams cotton blend FLORAL BLACK GRAY ROSE

Good points! Information requested today.

-Nin

Looking through some of Wamsutta's stuff, I recall my parents having the single rose pattern sheets, this was in Florida in the 80s. I think there was wide distribution through places like Sears, Montgomery Wards, etc.

Springs made a major acquisition in 1985 — M. Lowenstein Corporation, a New York textile maker that, like Springs, had been in business since the 19th century. The acquisition brought Springs the Wamsutta brand of household goods and an entry into the premium-priced bedding market and the industrial fabrics business through Lowenstein’s Clark-Schwebel unit.
http://www.encyclopedia.com/social-...businesses-and-occupations/springs-industries

Any know where M. Lowenstein Corporation distributed around NY? Their wholesalers or retailers?

there used to be an outlet store in Bellport.. that sold this companys 'irregulars' in the late 80's and 90's, having bought some there. the whole outlet mall is mostly closed now, but there is also one in Riverhead. Im not sure when that one opened.

The Wattsuma package has a relatively low 200 threat count. I know that currently higher threat count bedding is somewhat more expensive. Back then, could this set have been sold are lower end stores...Kmart, etc.

Good points! Information requested today.

-Nin
I'm not sure they will be able to answer, but I do feel someone should ask if they had deals to supply hotels in the 1990s. As I stated up thread, the higher the order, the cheaper the cost.

Problem is, staff turnover coupled with time elapsed (companies only obliged to hold financial information for certain period of time - UK its 7 years) means some of this information may be unavailable by now.

Ok guys my tattoo artist said this "Interesting. I'm always fascinated with this kind of stuff. It's definitely covering something. The previous tattoo is more than just under the leaf. You can see some old line work under the yellow highlight in the peach. I also think that the bite was put there to help cover some word. I can't make it out from the picture, but it looks like there are two small words in the leaf the first looks like "MY". In the it looks like something like TONY" I told her I'll send her a link ton this thread if she wants to join in

A possibility also. The shams, pillow cases etc were discarded by the significant other due to spring cleaning and time to buy new linens. She tosses the old ones out into the rag bin or bags them up and leaves them in the garage. I do this.

Or a divorce or breakup but my mom pointed out thrift stores Ana goodwill which would leave everyone else's prints but the killers. Can we have someone post a new updates facts and think we know thing for new comers? I invited my artist to join but don't want to make her try to read the whole thing if it isn't of interest aside from figuring the tattoo out. Also any clearest resolution photos of it that anyone can post that I am send her would be good cause I went and saved all the ones I hadn't sent her already but didn't see a few I swore people posted a while back

I agree it's not fancy and maybe was a gift from family though. But if she got them it that isn't likely if she wasn't on drugs because they trade that stuff for drugs not skip drugs for it. For instance I had a bestfriend who's long timr bestie stole a diamond ring her dead grandmother gave my old bestfriend just to sell it cheap to make money and the earrings look more handed down by a grandma but the other stuff I agree cheap jewelry or stolen if she was sneaky. And a 16 inch chain for a baby seemed off maybe it's the Asian males? I wonder if he killed peaches mom and left the jewelry with them or maybe it's his way of essentially barrying them in their favorite things but didn't someone say the baby had zebra print pjs? That would say taken in her sleep and wouldn't it have a tag saying what age range it's for like most babies? Maybe someone misspoke but I could of sworn someone said it. Also as far as the other not able to be identified ones the one with a messed up tattoo were they able to ever? Cause if someone can post the photo for me here I can send my lady that also. I'm hoping by how interested she sounds she comes and joins us(hi love if you've joined and are reading as we speak) also one idea but does anyone think those aren't cherries but beets? Cherry stems don't resemble that. I've never once seen a green foliage type lead in a cherry. But a beet or carrot have that type of it.

THANKS!
Rachel
I took copies of the tattoo to my artist and she said she thinks it was a cover up with the name tony under and well the rest I quoted down below. I'm hoping she will come help but I also realized I never see peaches with that type of foliage or so much of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yurchenko