Tom vs Nicole

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:crazy: LRH was a science fiction writer who "created" a religion that sounds like something out of a sci-fi novel! :crazy:

This topic got me to researching some Scientology methods and such. Wow, sounds like L Ron Hubbard may have been racist. Also I was amazed to learn he had a son named Quinten who became a pilot, but later commited suicide. I don't know just weirded me out that Travollta fly them big, old planes. Oh and supposedly Quinten was a homosexual. Interesting life that L Ron Hubbard had.

Im sitting here laughing about the "bottle". My son was around 3 when he finally gave up the bottle, the bottle was his "security blanket". There was nothing in it, it was dry, but hung from his mouth. I chuckle when I think of it. in some ways yes it was gross. But I was going to pick my battles, and this was not one of them. He will be 22 on Sunday, and has no complexes, no cavities, no mouth alignment problems from having the bottle until he was 3. Matter of fact, the dental team always comments about his handsome face, smile, and teeth.
My daughter - same way. Not a cavity one, great teeth and alignment. EVER. Even after I got bawled out by the pediatrician over the bottle!!! She had that darn thing for forever!!

Maybe we should link this thread with all the other Scientology threads. We have already discussed so many of these things!

I think the point the person who wrote about Suri still being on the bottle was attempting to get across is that within Scientology, a child remains on the bottle until about 3 years old, the bottle being the childs only means of nutrition!

It's different then when we say our children still had the occasional bottle at 2 or 3 years old because we, of course also feed our children!

Filly- you are dead-on! Hubbard was indeed a racist and there are still remarks of that nature in the churchs "rules" to this day. I'm too tired to go searching but I know that in an older Scientology thread here at WS, I put links to websites backing this up. Also, about Hubbards son, he despised his father!

SCM- I agree with you, it is Psychological- they want people with mental health issues to come to them for "help", not to the mental health community. Look at the numbers, the amount of people involved with mental health professionals. That's why they hate shrinks and psych meds, they are making well Scientologys next potential customers!

As I have said before, I don't want to say only bad things about Scientology because I have to be honest and say I have absolutely seen some good changes in my brother too! He has made a good life for himself, he is off of drugs, he is a hard worker, he is financially secure and he is a good father...

Other then the fact that his 2 1/2 year old son only means of nutrition is drinking bottles of barley water, corn syrup, and a splash of milk or that at 2 1/2 his son still does not speak, yet my brother refuses to bring him to a doctor because his "religion won't allow it!

I dunno, anyway..

I don't know either, in this pic from November, it looks like she has a typical toddler's snack prepared, cereals and a sippy cup:

http://news.sawf.org/Gossip/44748.aspx

I wouldn't be surprised if Suri's down to just her night time/bed time bottle. The tantrum and the fact that it occurred when they were leaving to go back to their hotel would seem to indicate that.

Maybe we should link this thread with all the other Scientology threads. We have already discussed so many of these things!

I think the point the person who wrote about Suri still being on the bottle was attempting to get across is that within Scientology, a child remains on the bottle until about 3 years old, the bottle being the childs only means of nutrition!

It's different then when we say our children still had the occasional bottle at 2 or 3 years old because we, of course also feed our children!

Filly- you are dead-on! Hubbard was indeed a racist and there are still remarks of that nature in the churchs "rules" to this day. I'm too tired to go searching but I know that in an older Scientology thread here at WS, I put links to websites backing this up. Also, about Hubbards son, he despised his father!

SCM- I agree with you, it is Psychological- they want people with mental health issues to come to them for "help", not to the mental health community. Look at the numbers, the amount of people involved with mental health professionals. That's why they hate shrinks and psych meds, they are making well Scientologys next potential customers!

As I have said before, I don't want to say only bad things about Scientology because I have to be honest and say I have absolutely seen some good changes in my brother too! He has made a good life for himself, he is off of drugs, he is a hard worker, he is financially secure and he is a good father...

Other then the fact that his 2 1/2 year old son only means of nutrition is drinking bottles of barley water, corn syrup, and a splash of milk or that at 2 1/2 his son still does not speak, yet my brother refuses to bring him to a doctor because his "religion won't allow it!

I dunno, anyway..

I always love your input into the Scientology threads, OLG! You make a great point about this "Church" not wanting mainstream psychology to eat into their profits.

I don't know either, in this pic from November, it looks like she has a typical toddler's snack prepared, cereals and a sippy cup:

I wouldn't be surprised if Suri's down to just her night time/bed time bottle. The tantrum and the fact that it occurred when they were leaving to go back to their hotel would seem to indicate that.

Good find! I'd hand a screaming toddler in a restaurant a bottle if it would calm them down too!

Not talking and being only on the bottle are synonymous, cause and effect, basically. Children have to chew solid foods (or mushed up ones, in the beginning, of course) to develop the muscles necessary for speaking.

This is one of those really important facts that isn't, sadly, very well known. I had a neighbor with a premie child with huge speech/feeding issues, and one of the speech therapies was getting the child to chew a cookie. The child literally didn't have the muscles development necessary for speech.

A two year old or even older than one year old child who is not eating some solid foods (and that can be anything from pasta noodles to Cheerios to bits of graham crackers) is a child who is not being allowed to develop appropriately. Period.

With Scientology and all cults, it's all about the control. The more aspects of a person's life that are controlled and dictated from the organization, the more successful the cult will be at getting the person to do whatever the leadership dictates.

I truly don't care how anyone practices their beliefs. As long as it doesn't effect me, I don't care if you worship bacteria. However, when a "church" starts raking in millions of tax free dollars, you have to wonder if we should start taking a closer look into their non-profit status. In addition, when a "church" starts using their right to free worship to go after an individual's freedom of speech, you have a problem. (since when is it illegal to criticise any religion?? I'm guessing they're not getting the irony of attacking someone for speaking out against them by using the same constitution that's given them the freedom to worship as they wish.) Double edged sword indeed.

On their non-profit status, if we'd eliminate the income tax and go to the "fair tax" plan, this would be a moot point, and there'd be no need to even care about that.
I think LRH was actually in trouble with the IRS. If I remember correctly, he spent his last years living on large ships at sea so that the IRS could not get to him. Maybe that was before he put everything into his church and became non-profit. He supposedly had several large ships, his own fleet, which also carried his own military group.

I think LRH was actually in trouble with the IRS. If I remember correctly, he spent his last years living on large ships at sea so that the IRS could not get to him. Maybe that was before he put everything into his church and became non-profit. He supposedly had several large ships, his own fleet, which also carried his own military group.
"By late 1985, with high-level defectors accusing Hubbard of having stolen as much as $200 million from the church, the IRS was seeking an indictment of Hubbard for tax fraud. Scientology members 'worked day and night' shredding documents the IRS sought, according to defector Aznaran, who took part in the scheme. Hubbard, who had been in hiding for five years, died before the criminal case could be prosecuted."
- Time, May 6, 1991 v137 n18 p50(8)
http://www.mystae.com/streams/gnosis/hubbard.html

Huh-Wow! Thanks for the link. Apparently I mis-spoke, I'm sorry.

I wonder if Tom's child gets to have snacks because he's already "clear" and past the "bridge" where they learn of the aliens. I wish I had the guts to ask my brother but I finally learned to stop asking him questions about his "religion" because I hated not being a part of his life. If I asked him he would have to tell his handlers during auditing and they would automatically consider me an "SP" and he'd have to cut me out of his life again.

I wonder if Tom's child gets to have snacks because he's already "clear" and past the "bridge" where they learn of the aliens. I wish I had the guts to ask my brother but I finally learned to stop asking him questions about his "religion" because I hated not being a part of his life. If I asked him he would have to tell his handlers during auditing and they would automatically consider me an "SP" and he'd have to cut me out of his life again.
Wow...Really creepy for you OLG...and sad, too... :( :blowkiss:

Not talking and being only on the bottle are synonymous, cause and effect, basically. Children have to chew solid foods (or mushed up ones, in the beginning, of course) to develop the muscles necessary for speaking.

This is one of those really important facts that isn't, sadly, very well known. I had a neighbor with a premie child with huge speech/feeding issues, and one of the speech therapies was getting the child to chew a cookie. The child literally didn't have the muscles development necessary for speech.

A two year old or even older than one year old child who is not eating some solid foods (and that can be anything from pasta noodles to Cheerios to bits of graham crackers) is a child who is not being allowed to develop appropriately. Period.

With Scientology and all cults, it's all about the control. The more aspects of a person's life that are controlled and dictated from the organization, the more successful the cult will be at getting the person to do whatever the leadership dictates.

Are you serious about the eating/talking thing?! We have been thinking perhaps Autisim or a hearing issue.

After my brothers wife died of Cancer he remarried and had another baby with an RN who is NOT a Scientologist (he and his first wife joined the cult together). She has decided that she is going to take my older nephew to a doctor behind my brothers back if he continues to be unwilling to budge. She keeps telling him "there is something wrong with Eli" and my brother says "wrong by who's standards?!?" She's at the point now she simply says "By MY standards!"

I hope to G0d my SIL gets it figured out before it's too late for my nephew!

Thanks so much for the info!

Wow...Really creepy for you OLG...and sad, too... :( :blowkiss:

It's funny (not funny Ha-Ha) but he has been with these freaks so long now that it isn't even creepy anymore! It's just sad and I'm scared to death for my nephews! I feel like saying fine..if you wish to live this way, OK, but don't bring innocent children into it!

Don't know if it has been posted, but did you guys view the latest Scientology video with the TC interview at www.gawker.com ? If not, you should watch. It is pretty weird. TC seems brainwashed. That laugh seems forced and sounds evil to me. :eek:

P.S. Why would Scientology be threatening to sue? Wouldn't you think that they would be happy to get their message out to the unlightened masses??

Hi, I don't think you mis-spoke, the thought crossed my mind too, that if it is the case that solid food is withheld from the follower's young children, Suri is exempt, because she's "Special". :waitasec: I was remembering too about the big deal when Kati was pregnant, that she would be forced into a medication-free, home delivery. That didn't happen either. She went to the Hospital.

I feel for your experience with your Brother. And, I understand your desire to still have a relationship with them. It's good for the little boy too, for the future.

"By late 1985, with high-level defectors accusing Hubbard of having stolen as much as $200 million from the church, the IRS was seeking an indictment of Hubbard for tax fraud. Scientology members 'worked day and night' shredding documents the IRS sought, according to defector Aznaran, who took part in the scheme. Hubbard, who had been in hiding for five years, died before the criminal case could be prosecuted."
- Time, May 6, 1991 v137 n18 p50(8)
http://www.mystae.com/streams/gnosis/hubbard.html
Thanks for the link. I knew he had a past with the IRS.

ABC posted the video of Tom this weekend in conjunction with a little blurb on his relationship with Scientology. I am curious as to whether or not they received any cease and desist orders, like the websites did. Another thing that is not ringing true for me is Andrew Morton's claim that he has not been harassed by the Scientologists either during his research or now that his book is published. Why would he receive any special treatment when others have been followed or even destroyed??

The clip that was shown by ABC was quite abbreviated, and fairly innocuous, but I was somewhat offended by the portion that showed Tom Cruise saluting the picture of L Ron Hubbard when he received his achievement award...I don't think Mr. Cruise has served, has he? And it struck me as being very "Nazi like" which may have been deliberate on the part of the ABC editors...so creepy.

ABC posted the video of Tom this weekend in conjunction with a little blurb on his relationship with Scientology. I am curious as to whether or not they received any cease and desist orders, like the websites did. Another thing that is not ringing true for me is Andrew Morton's claim that he has not been harassed by the Scientologists either during his research or now that his book is published. Why would he receive any special treatment when others have been followed or even destroyed??

The clip that was shown by ABC was quite abbreviated, and fairly innocuous, but I was somewhat offended by the portion that showed Tom Cruise saluting the picture of L Ron Hubbard when he received his achievement award...I don't think Mr. Cruise has served, has he? And it struck me as being very "Nazi like" which may have been deliberate on the part of the ABC editors...so creepy.
There is an upper echelon in Scientology that is part of their "military" group. They salute each other all the time. I saw it with all the speakers and "military" at the "birthday party" for LRH. They even talked about reaching a certain level before you can be part of that group and it is invitation only. When we left the party there were a couple of military garbed guards at the door that "requested" you fill out a form before you left. They actually stepped in front of us and asked us to fill one out before we left. I actually did receive a recruiting letter from them to become part of the "military" group.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back