Tom vs Nicole

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'd really like to understand how they retain their non-profit status.

How many churches charge money to attend services and advance in their congregations?

I believe Germany has banned Scientology as a cult.

Scientology=Cult (let's see if I get followed today, I'll report back)

They think since they took over the Cult Awareness Network, they couldn't possibly be a cult. :bang:

Yep...mind controlled by the cult. Just look at the difference in the eyes of Katie. She was so precious before the brainwashing cult activities.:bang:

They think since they took over the Cult Awareness Network, they couldn't possibly be a cult. :bang:

Well, there's some logic for ya.

I was shocked to learn that they're in charge of Narcanon. I wonder how many victims/members they get there?

It really does bring to mind, the Joneses. Though, I'm almost positive none of the Jones' members were so aggressive and so powerful.

What intrigued me about the BBC story was how much the Scientology heavy hitter styled himself like Tom Cruise-was I the only one who thought that???

What intrigued me about the BBC story was how much the Scientology heavy hitter styled himself like Tom Cruise-was I the only one who thought that???

No! you weren't. I thought so too. He (Tommy?), Tom C. and the President/CEO/Leader guy, all look the same.

Yep...mind controlled by the cult. Just look at the difference in the eyes of Katie. She was so precious before the brainwashing cult activities.:bang:

Yup! Bad enough with the cult but then to have Cruise Control as well - not much hope for her.

I thought they looked the same also.Was just afraid to sound crazy to you all.

:woohoo: I am not crazy :crazy: .

It is scary! Back in 1989 I was working as a cashier at a convience store.This guy came in bought some gas and then started trying to get me to buy this book "Dianectics" I belive it has been a while :crazy:.This guy would not leave me alone!Talk about being pushy!I asked him what the book was about and he started telling me how we as humans actually came from aliens and there was a much higher plane to our existance.Powers and stuff.Creeped me out big time.I bought the book just to get rid of him.That was a wasted 20 dollars of which I could not afford but well worth it to get the guy outta my hair.

The book then went into the trash can.

I've read Dianetics. It's interesting, to be sure, but it didn't really resonate with me spiritually.

I'd really like to understand how they retain their non-profit status.

How many churches charge money to attend services and advance in their congregations?

I believe Germany has banned Scientology as a cult.

Scientology=Cult (let's see if I get followed today, I'll report back)
IMO Tom's statement about Scientology being experts in mind control is about the only accurate thing he has said about the "religion". I knew a couple that joined and was paying to clear the first level. In fact, they invited me to a "birthday party" at their church. I went not knowing it was Scientology. The party was for L. Ron Hubbard who had been dead for 20 years or so. Freaky! Anyway, I digress.....the couple ending paying about $100,000 between them to "clear" the first level. On one occasion we were discussing what they got for their money. That day the wife had went in for a session and spent 8 hours moving a book from one side of the room to the other. She wasn't allowed to speak and had to do whatever her "counselor" or whatever they call them told her to. The counselor had her pick up a book and move it to the other side of the room, then when she came back for more instruction she would tell her to go get the book and bring it back....on and on for 8 hours. I told her this sounded more like brainwashing and I would run away fast and hard. As far as I know they didn't. How people can believe this is a religion is beyond me.

. That day the wife had went in for a session and spent 8 hours moving a book from one side of the room to the other. She wasn't allowed to speak and had to do whatever her "counselor" or whatever they call them told her to. The counselor had her pick up a book and move it to the other side of the room, then when she came back for more instruction she would tell her to go get the book and bring it back....on and on for 8 hours. I told her this sounded more like brainwashing and I would run away fast and hard. As far as I know they didn't. How people can believe this is a religion is beyond me.

Yeah so, I was thinking about starting a religion. I'll cut you a deal to reach the first level of "clear" for a mere $10,000.00. (a bargain, I tell you!)

I'll start by inviting you to my house to do my ironing. This is to teach you how to starch my dress whites, correctly. Once we "clear" this level, I'll teach you how to mop.

LRH may be insane, but he had a brilliant business plan and apparently it's still bringing in the millions.

He probably laughed himself to sleep every night, thinking of the suckers he's reeled in.

Yeah so, I was thinking about starting a religion. I'll cut you a deal to reach the first level of "clear" for a mere $10,000.00. (a bargain, I tell you!)

I'll start by inviting you to my house to do my ironing. This is to teach you how to starch my dress whites, correctly. Once we "clear" this level, I'll teach you how to mop.

LRH may be insane, but he had a brilliant business plan and apparently it's still bringing in the millions.

He probably laughed himself to sleep every night, thinking of the suckers he's reeled in.

LOL! This is my biggest "beef" with Scientology as a religion. The road to peace, joy, serenity is every human's birthright and, IMHO, it doesn't cost anything more than your attention and time. That said - I usually liken Scientology more to psychology - lots of people pay shrinks and therapists lots of money and this can truly help them on their spiritual path.

I think mental health and spiritual health go hand in hand. Scientology seems to combine spirituality and psychology in a capitalist fashion. This doesn't bother me, but it is not traditionally the way of a church.

LOL! This is my biggest "beef" with Scientology as a religion. The road to peace, joy, serenity is every human's birthright and, IMHO, it doesn't cost anything more than your attention and time. That said - I usually liken Scientology more to psychology - lots of people pay shrinks and therapists lots of money and this can truly help them on their spiritual path.

I think mental health and spiritual health go hand in hand. Scientology seems to combine spirituality and psychology in a capitalist fashion. This doesn't bother me, but it is not traditionally the way of a church.

I truly don't care how anyone practices their beliefs. As long as it doesn't effect me, I don't care if you worship bacteria. However, when a "church" starts raking in millions of tax free dollars, you have to wonder if we should start taking a closer look into their non-profit status. In addition, when a "church" starts using their right to free worship to go after an individual's freedom of speech, you have a problem. (since when is it illegal to criticise any religion?? I'm guessing they're not getting the irony of attacking someone for speaking out against them by using the same constitution that's given them the freedom to worship as they wish.) Double edged sword indeed.

On their non-profit status, if we'd eliminate the income tax and go to the "fair tax" plan, this would be a moot point, and there'd be no need to even care about that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back