Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
48 Hours pulled the episode, due to her lying about the entire situation. And that she's now changed her story to self-defense, they can no longer air it, being that it could interfere with her right to a fair trial..

Hi, SheStartedIt, thanks as always. That sounds reasonable. I wonder if this was a network decision or they were prodded by the courts. Certainly, the show was aired after the evidence of Jodi's bloody handprint had been made public. And the show, as I remember it, includes interviews with contradictory explanations: One that she wasn't there and a later one that has her fighting off the Ninjas.

Jodi might be able to justify a change of venue, but she's still headed for the Big House.

I forgot about the ninja story. She has had so many stories, they are hard to keep straight. I feel sorry for her legal counsel having to defend her, it is going to be quite a challenge to show reasonable doubt.

There is a man in this article that has Jodi's number spot on.
www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html
Brown added: "She employs a distorted mirror image in explaining how someone else would view the situation. It isn't that Jodi Arias is psychotic and disconnected from reality; it is that only her reality matters ... Arias is an actor in her own drama and as long as she is clapping for her performance, she is happy. If convicted of murder, I can guarantee Jodi Arias will have a great time in prison, amusing herself quite nicely as she moves on to Act Two."

When Act Two beings she will be shipped to a place where no one is going to put up with her garbage. For once reality is going to smack her in the face.

And I had no idea about this :noooo:
"She would break into his email -- multiple times -- [and] when he began dating another girl, she snuck into the house and watched them sleeping -- they had fallen asleep on an oversized bean bag watching a movie," Hughes said.

This case will always cling to me. Not just the circumstances but the photobucket (now private) of the house. Strangely it made this more personal for me. I even checked up on it from time to time to see if it sold, hope that doesn't make me weird. It's just a sad place waiting for new owners while even sadder loved ones wait for justice.

Unfortunately it's going to a long time because an arrogant clown likes to play games.

Thanks for the links to the documents. I've just finished reading them (quickly). Now we know why her counsel asked to withdraw - because their office had previously represented an individual in this case. I wonder who that individual is.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl. The person involved in the case is almost certainly a witness for the prosecution.

Of the quotations from the communications between Travis and the defendant, I was most struck by the firmness of Travis' May 2008 denunciation of Jodi's utter disregard of personal privacy. This statement seems to me to be a very vivid confirmation of his friend's hearsay observations about Jodi's aggressive acts of jealousy.

Hi, Nobodyzgirl. The person involved in the case is almost certainly a witness for the prosecution.

Of the quotations from the communications between Travis and the defendant, I was most struck by the firmness of Travis' May 2008 denunciation of Jodi's utter disregard of personal privacy. This statement seems to me to be a very vivid confirmation of his friend's hearsay observations about Jodi's aggressive acts of jealousy.

Hi Chanler, I agree with your opinion. I wonder if this communication from Travis to Jodi, was the straw that broke the camel's back and she went to confront him.

Hi Chanler, I agree with your opinion. I wonder if this communication from Travis to Jodi, was the straw that broke the camel's back and she went to confront him.

I think another thing was the trip to Cancun with that other woman.

we have not got the whole story..i see her as a nut bag..maybe even a killer..but after hearing her talk its hard to believe she would be ignorant enough to leave a camera that had evidence to put her away laying there on the scene ..just dont make sense??

we have not got the whole story..i see her as a nut bag..maybe even a killer..but after hearing her talk its hard to believe she would be ignorant enough to leave a camera that had evidence to put her away laying there on the scene ..just dont make sense??

She probably was in such a hurry to get out of there, she probably forgot to take the camera with her or she threw all the sheets in the washer and didn't see the camera.

Hi, Smoknn. She is not ignorant, but does suffer from an overweening self-confidence. Only someone convinced of the power of their own will would agree to multiple interviews before the full forensic evidence was in.

Jodi didn't systematically clean up the crime site and, indeed, her bloody fingerprint and her hair mixed with his blood provide prosecution evidence just as compelling as the camera.

She did find time to wash down Travis' bloody body in the shower, an act more symbolic than practical.

Cameras can get ruined by being thrown in washers. Most of us lack the savvy or funds to reconstruct their files by technical means.

Hi, Smoknn. She is not ignorant, but does suffer from an overweening self-confidence. Only someone convinced of the power of their own will would agree to multiple interviews before the full forensic evidence was in.

Jodi didn't systematically clean up the crime site and, indeed, her bloody fingerprint and her hair mixed with his blood provide prosecution evidence just as compelling as the camera.

She did find time to wash down Travis' bloody body in the shower, an act more symbolic than practical.

Cameras can get ruined by being thrown in washers. Most of us lack the savvy or funds to reconstruct their files by technical means.

ITA Jodi erased the pictures and ran the camera through a cycle. I'm sure he thought she'd killed those pictures forever. It's amazing that they can recover images after all of that. Similarly, Michelle Parker's IPhone was recovered from a lake. It's also been "restored" and inforation retrieved.

Thanks, IndianaGirl. I am opposed to the death penalty, but, as the paperwork in the below link notes, there is nothing discernible that would exclude Jodi from the possibility of execution. Never, as a few of us have previously noted, she may escape execution because she is an attractive, bright young woman whose demeanor does not fit with what most of imagine to be a criminal personality. In some way, that is what lends this case much of its public interest.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/10/jodi-arias-death-penalty_n_1269216.html

Any other updates on the case?

I cannot remember. Was Jodi offered a plea deal?

This is speculation, but it certainly looks like she successfully lied through a polygraph about the authenticity of the handwritten letters, and tried to use that to support their veracity (in the face of both side's experts describing them as forgeries).

To me, this proves that she is really good at lying. Two handwriting experts say the letters are forged, yet she passes a polygraph saying they are not.

"It's not a lie if you believe it." ~George Costanza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members