Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more improper circumstantiality rather than the type of disjointed speech characterized in those links, IMO.

In fact, circumstantiality is a negative symptom in psychopathy. This is the basis for some aspects of childhood tests for psychopathy potential.

Keep reading...I'm done linking...google "psychopaths speech and language studies"

i have a question if you don't mind another :) how can jodi get murder 2 or manslaughter if she is only charger w/ first degree murder and felony muder???

I don't think she can. Iirc she wanted to plead to 2nd degree....was told no way Jose!

e
BBM: I respectfully disagree. I feel her fear of abandonment (TA telling her it is over, going on vaca to Cancun with someone else; TA not responding to her last ditch effort) that set her into the rage. BPD. MOO.

Respectfully I disagree. I don't think she had a "fear" of being "abandoned" by TA. JMO but I think she was ticked off that she couldn't possess him anymore. It was much more about control and obsessiveness for her than it was being left or hurt (which IMO require more emotional capability on her part, which I think she lacks).

Impulsivity and extremes are central with BPD and again IMO all I've ever seen from JA is a very flat affect. While the murder was extremely rageful and violent, if one believes it was premeditated (which I do) it takes away that impulsive nature which is key to borderline. I find her to be void of any emotion and highly manipulative which doesn't seem consistent with BPD but this is all JMO!

Not trying to give a diagnosis, and these are just my thoughts. I called it similar to a narcissistic rage in anticipation of being completely dumped. Rage comes before the actual final abondonment. I agree it's something to do with them losing control over you. There seems to be a jealousy of your happiness that they want to destroy, and is nasty ugly.
The rage comes from someplace long ago and deep within.

i have a question if you don't mind another :) how can jodi get murder 2 or manslaughter if she is only charger w/ first degree murder and felony muder???

Go check out the answer I just posted in the legal thread. I think it will answer your question:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8797090&postcount=30"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Jodi Arias Legal Question and Answer Thread *no discussion*[/ame]

Keep reading...I'm done linking...google "psychopaths speech and language studies"

I assume you are talking about this part?

Screen Shot 2013-02-02 at 9.31.23 PM.png

This isn't the same as circumstantial speech.

lol I looked into this exact subject several years due to repeated language weirdness in someone I suspected was a psychopath. Fascinating, but not nearly enough research on it IMO

polley - I've wondered about the charges too, It was discussed several threads back but I think that was before we had minor around so....
minor, do you know about lesser included charges in the state of Arizona? I believe there is that option but I can't make sense of it myself.
(do you want me to move this question/post to the other thread?) thanks :)

eta: I see you already answered - scratch this and thanks again

I agree. She has some natural talent and is above average. Her talent is undeveloped.

This is said to be hers and I have a hard time believing that. It's exceptional. It's dated 2007. View attachment 29541

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbm

I have a hard time believing it, too, Linda. I'll say this again -- take a look at the figure on the far left side of the roof of the building in the back of the pic. And the double-decker bus? It looks like it a pic of a German town in the early 1940's. It seems to be quite unlike the facial drawings in the pics that are also attributed to her.

Unless this a copy of a painting that she did in an art class, or something similar, I just can't be convinced that it is hers. It's nothing like her other sketches, which, to me are pretty good for someone with a little-not-a-lot of talent. But I am not talented in drawing at all, so what do I know? Even my stick figures suck, so I am surely no real judge. JMHO.

No, read it all. And then google to find and read recent studies on the subject.
Why?

Your own source says that psychopaths use disjointed and poorly-connected ideas when giving an often illogical answer.

Circumstantial speech is all well-connected, just full of trivialities and unnecessary diversions and eventually gets to the (logical) point.

The two are diametrically opposed.

:twocents:

bbm

I have a hard time believing it, too, Linda. I'll say this again -- take a look at the figure on the far left side of the roof of the building in the back of the pic. And the double-decker bus? It looks like it a pic of a German town in the early 1940's. It seems to be quite unlike the facial drawings in the pics that are also attributed to her.

Unless this a copy of a painting that she did in an art class, or something similar, I just can't be convinced that it is hers. It's nothing like her other sketches, which, to me are pretty good for someone with a little-not-a-lot of talent. But I am not talented in drawing at all, so what do I know? Even my stick figures suck, so I am surely no real judge. JMHO.

My personal favorite on eBay is this work of art depicting Jodi by another artist. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359859434.758093.jpg bidding ends in 20 minutes! Hurry folks! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For myself, it is the unpredictability of jurors that makes it comparable to an unbelievable verdict.

We were staying somewhere and we wanted to wash the pillows. They had shredded foam in them.

What a mess. No way to clean it up without an incredible amount of work, and that was when they exploded in a washing machine.

The volume greatly increases as well.

Why?

Your own source says that psychopaths use disjointed and poorly-connected ideas when giving an often illogical answer.

Circumstantial speech is all well-connected, just full of trivialities and unnecessary diversions and eventually gets to the (logical) point.

The two are diametrically opposed.

:twocents:

Why not? You may learn something. I enjoy learning and take every opportunity to read the links provided and sometimes, if the topic interests me enough, I'll research on my own.

That is exactly what happened with by brother. He obtained a college degree and owned a home independently. Showed some oddities but nothing like the full blown schizophrenia he lapsed in after our sister was killed. Nut the flip side of that, we designed a new lifestyle for him and pulled him in close to the family and his symptoms have miraculously abated. But we are really lucky I know.

i never get tired of hearing that story :) my friend has dedicated his life to his schizophrenic son and it had been such a tough go - he has good times then very bad times - but even in the "good" times its still not that good - he brings him to visit me at work (sons around 35) i am one of the few ppl he will talk to - i'm convinced its cuz i am that kid of an engineer and can follow his (what others think is convoluted) train of logic - it makes sense to me and he is soo intelligent - i've told him your story, and he has been having good luck w/ new meds - keeping our fingers crossed - he is lucky to already have the love like your brother does

I assume you are talking about this part?

View attachment 29543

This isn't the same as circumstantial speech.

If I just take the attached quote I have to wonder if my friend who speaks just like that is a psychopath. She keeps me on the phone way too much. Lately I've told her she is talking in CIRCLES. (she might say triangles because she thinks she has a point)

We were staying somewhere and we wanted to wash the pillows. They had shredded foam in them.

What a mess. No way to clean it up without an incredible amount of work, and that was when they exploded in a washing machine.

The volume greatly increases as well.

I too was amazed that all that foam, fit into those pillows! It just didn't seem possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj