Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also wondering if smoke smell might of been if she had burned evidence but probably smoking like a chimney after her Murderous deed ..

I don't believe she's a smoker. There's no record of her buying them. I don't think she'd need it to alleviate anxiety based on her calm cool demeanor....that chick doesn't rattle.

Do you work in the mental health field? Just wondering if you have training to back up your opinion on why you believe she has schizophrenia. It's totally okay if you don't of course but it would just help me decide my opinion. She would have to be a well adjusted schizo or mildly affected if that was the case. Surely if she had this illness it would have been leaked to media already? And surely if it was new onset she wouldn't be as well put together as she is without treatment and medications.

I do not work in the field clinically, but that is what my degree is in. I am only qualifying that as my opinion though, as I am not verified and don't wish to be - i would like to remain more or less anonymous because of the actual field I work in.

As for a leak, I don't know. We don't know if she was ever tested. If she was, someone could get into a whole lot of trouble if that happened. As in, get fired and lose their license "in trouble." HIPAA is taken pretty seriously in the psych field (not that it's not in other fields).

Good point about the needing meds/treatment, but it could be a milder form or one that doesn't present as severely. She's also in a well-controlled and well-organized system, so that may have something to do with it.

:twocents:

IF there was a phone call from Jodi to Travis in the early morning hours of 6/4/08 then Jodi had to have used a different cell phone as there were no calls mentioned in court after the 6/3/08 8:34 pm call until 6/4/08 11:37 pm call.

I don't believe she's a smoker. There's no record of her buying them. I don't think she'd need it to alleviate anxiety based on her calm cool demeanor....that chick doesn't rattle.
I don't think she needed the cigs because she was filled with anxiety. I think she needed them because she was ecstatic. She had to dispose of the evidence and then drive that long distance to her next victim's house and needed to focus.

Was the car rental witness asked if there were ashes in the ashtray?.

Here is a study about ambidextrous. Not to offend anyone, but as a teacher, we did a lot of things to work with crossing the midline. For instance, having the right hand tap the left knee and the left hand tapping the right knee.

Have you ever watched a child who cannot cross the midline? They will start writing with one hand, and then in the middle, switch to the other hand. That is because the two halves of the brain are not workimg together.

Crossing the midline is good exercise for people of any age and I recommend it.

Anway, here is a study done in Finland.

Kids have mental issues

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35062930/#.UQ39wRG9KSM

I'm not understanding his story of Travis being visibly suprised that Jodi called Travis while at his door step. Does this mean that this guy saw Travis between the time that Jodi arrived at 4 am and Travis was killed at around 5:30 pm?

Good question..
You would think is important to have TA's last witness to him being alive, even telephonic put on the stand; or would that be considered hearsay?.. hmm

Could JA had left TA a message saying she was standing out front? could that explain the hour difference in JA arrival time to Travis letting her inside as well?

I don't think she needed the cigs because she was filled with anxiety. I think she needed them because she was ecstatic. She had to dispose of the evidence and then drive that long distance to her next victim's house and needed to focus.

Was the car rental witness asked if there were ashes in the ashtray?.

No... I found it odd too he didn't state cigarette smoke...he just said smoke.

IF there was a phone call from Jodi to Travis in the early morning hours of 6/4/08 then Jodi had to have used a different cell phone as there were no calls mentioned in court after the 6/3/08 8:34 pm call until 6/4/08 11:37 pm call.
Jodi had Gus' phone. She told the detective that she lost her phone and then it lost its charge. Yep, that's why her phone couldn't be traced through pings. She miraculously she found it after she left the murder scene. Ugh.

Chameleon is that they take on the personality of whatever group they are with.

If it is Hell's Angels, they are a Hell's Angel. If they are with fundamental Christians, they are a Fundamental Christian. No sense of self.

Thanks, but the question I had was about the strong tendency to be in denial and if it relates to BPD or something else?

I'm going insane here maybe someone can help.... :please:

I've watched Day 1 audio and it did not start early enough to catch Martinez' opening statements. It only has the Defense.

I would really really really really really appreciate :please: if anyone knows where I might be able to find a full transcript, audio or video of his opening testimony. I'll take anything.

I've been looking when time allows, I promise. I didn't find it in other threads here and I can't find it in google except for a few excerpts from news reports.

Does it exist in video, audio or even just transcript?

I have used extensive search techniques, too, and the only media I have found for Day 1 (January 2, 2013) is the YouTube video that I think you also found. It is audio only. I have linked it below and it is also in the Media Thread.

But I do have good news! You said that it only has the Defense Opening Statement. Maybe you had a link that didn't start at 0:00 because if you start from the beginning, it does contain a good bit of the Prosecution Opening Statement. As the "About" says, the file is missing approximately the first 15 minutes. But much of the Prosecution Opening Statement is there.

To be helpful, here are the time marks:

0:00 - 14:42 - Prosecution's Opening Statement (starts midway through)
14:43 - 27:30 - Recess
27:33 Defense's Opening Statement

Jodi Arias Trial Day 1 (Audio Only)

Jodi had Gus' phone. She told the detective that she lost her phone and then it lost its charge. Yep, that's why her phone couldn't be traced through pings. She miraculously she found it after she left the murder scene. Ugh.

And that also is another check in the column for premeditation.

MOO

Good question..
You would think is important to have TA's last witness to him being alive, even telephonic put on the stand; or would that be considered hearsay?.. hmm

Could JA had left TA a message saying she was standing out front? could that explain the hour difference in JA arrival time to Travis letting her inside as well?
ITA. It would have been a good move for the prosecution to put this ex-roommate on the stand. Martinez could have asked him about Jodi standing around in his yard (implying stalking). He could have asked him why he felt it was important to notify Travis that Jodi was in his yard (implying she was considered by his friends to be dangerous and craycray).

Hmmm. Maybe this FB conversation didn't really happen and that other site is posting untruths. It wouldn't be a first.

I do not work in the field clinically, but that is what my degree is in. I am only qualifying that as my opinion though, as I am not verified and don't wish to be - i would like to remain more or less anonymous because of the actual field I work in.

As for a leak, I don't know. We don't know if she was ever tested. If she was, someone could get into a whole lot of trouble if that happened. As in, get fired and lose their license "in trouble." HIPAA is taken pretty seriously in the psych field (not that it's not in other fields).

Good point about the needing meds/treatment, but it could be a milder form or one that doesn't present as severely. She's also in a well-controlled and well-organized system, so that may have something to do with it.

:twocents:

I would think, slaughtering a man and shooting him in the head wouldn't be considered a mild form of anything.

I have an inlaw that is BPD. The family arranged for her to meet with a psychiatrist after she faked having a heart attack and convinced an invasive cardiologist to do a heart cath on her. The psychiatrist went into her hospital room post cath lab and talked to her for thirty minutes. When he left her hospital room, he told us that she had agreed to enter therapy. We rejoiced.

We entered her hospital room annnnnnnnnd she immediately announced that the psychiatrist told her nothing was wrong with her and she didn't need therapy.

LOL It's funny now, but it wasn't then.

Must have missed something...
Was Gus questioned When he gave JA the new phone?
I also am curious who the male was with JA at rental car office, seems the owner may not have payed too much attn to the male as much as JA and no doubt JA turned on her charm.
You would think they could have found that rental car and did forensics on it, believe blood can be traced in fiber even if attempted to clean it correct?

Does anyone else think the prosecution did not continue the investigation in these areas once JA confessed? that's the sense I got..

ITA. It would have been a good move for the prosecution to put this ex-roommate on the stand. Martinez could have asked him about Jodi standing around in his yard (implying stalking). He could have asked him why he felt it was important to notify Travis that Jodi was in his yard (implying she was considered by his friends to be dangerous and craycray).

Hmmm. Maybe this FB conversation didn't really happen and that other site is posting untruths. It wouldn't be a first.

Yeah maybe I jumped gun and should not have posted that ..but you know things do get left out just like CA trial with that comp expert info coming to light AFTER trial ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrandonHutson