Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking she was concerned her prints were on him. Heck as far as we know maybe she just wanted to tidy him up a bit!

Couldn't she have done a better job if she had toweled him down and took the towel with her. I wonder if she got sick in that bathroom after seeing all the carnage?

A few threads back we talked about Sheila Davalloo (obsessed with her coworker and represented herself at trial). Just letting yall know her episode of SNAPPED will be on later today on Oxygen

I'm 5'3", hubby is 5'11". While my weight is a secret, he weighs 180. I weigh much less. In an emergency I could absolutely drag him, even lift him if need be. If he were wet and it were tile flooring, piece of cake!

and in her situation....the adrenaline kicked in....i hope no one here killed someone but i know that when my mom had a heart attack i was able to drag her out of the bath and i was 13.

bbm - I agree on both.
Flores' patience and skill amaze me every time I watch.

As for her, it's like watching a little kid with chocolate all over their hands and face try to deny eating the now missing chocolate. I'm in another kind of amazement watching her try to finagle her way out of the hole she's dug for herself.
I wonder if her blood pressure was elevated while she was BSing her way through that interrogation. Watching her physical reactions was interesting but I thought she seemed quite calm given the situation which was disturbing in itself.

ITA.!!! It is fascinating and horrifying at the same time.

(And, very nice analogy with the chocolate, LotusPawprint! I LOVE it.:floorlaugh:)

It makes me wonder about the reason I find the armchair psychology lessons being conducted on this site so intriguing. I almost feel a certain desperation inside myself to be able to figure out a way to pigeon-hole JA into SOME kind of DSM category (please!) because the fact that I have NOT been able to do so... well, it SCARES the he// out of me. :O

If I cannot find a way that "explains" her behavior in a way that makes some logical sense to me (even if it IS contrived and convoluted) it opens up the door in my mind to possibly having to ADMIT that "true evil" MAY EXIST in the universe, and frankly, I do NOT WANT to believe that. So, I guess that may be why I keep looking for some sort of explanation??? :please:

A quote by Marie Curie comes to my mind: **Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.**
Read more at: url]http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mariecurie389010.html#8JusAUF5PkUKFuDl.99[/url]

What are we to DO when we encounter situations like this horrible tragedy?:banghead:

IMO it is obvious individuals MUST be held ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.

But, beyond all of that, how do we, as a culture, use what we learn from bearing witness to such horror, to somehow prevent such a thing from happening again in the future? :banghead:

Indeed, how do we prevent it from happening all around us, for that matter, as it seems to be doing if one notices all the other trials and crimes being discussed on this site in addition to this single trial?:banghead:

:please:For me, what is scariest is that without being able to understand JA, it means that: "but, for the grace of a higher power go I."
Whether that , then, means being JA, or being TA, or being TA's sister, or being JA's mother, to me, it is ALL VERY SCARY!!!:please::please::please:

(As an side, if I had to choose, it seems it might be less scary to be TA than to be JA's mother, iykwim? At least HIS suffering is over.{At least I hope so. MOO and all that} How does one come to terms with having brought JA into the world? It's so much easier to simply label JA as a non-human monster, but how does that help her human mother cope? kwim? Makes me glad I haven't children, tell you THAT much. But if everyone were like me, we'd have died out as a species a long time ago.)

If only I could figure out why...:please:
...maybe, then, this whole discussion site would be ever so much easier to move away from, and maybe I could get some stuff done.:fence:
I'm a little obsessive, myself, you may have noticed.:floorlaugh: Or not. Okay. Going to crawl back under my rock now.:twocents:
I think I may have an armchair as well as a couch under there somewhere...

Re: recording conversations from cell phones.

I'm catching up, so I don't know if you've received an answer to this yet. In 2005, I purchased a cell phone accessory from Radio Shack that recorded calls. I had a simple Nokia feature phone at the time: nothing fancy. IIRC, it plugged into my phone and also into a micro cassette recorder. It picked up everything very clearly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ITA.!!! It is fascinating and horrifying at the same time.

(And, very nice analogy with the chocolate, LotusPawprint! I LOVE it.:floorlaugh:)

It makes me wonder about the reason I find the armchair psychology lessons being conducted on this site so intriguing. I almost feel a certain desperation inside myself to be able to figure out a way to pigeon-hole JA into SOME kind of DSM category (please!) because the fact that I have NOT been able to do so... well, it SCARES the he// out of me. :O

If I cannot find a way that "explains" her behavior in a way that makes some logical sense to me (even if it IS contrived and convoluted) it opens up the door in my mind to possibly having to ADMIT that "true evil" MAY EXIST in the universe, and frankly, I do NOT WANT to believe that. So, I guess that may be why I keep looking for some sort of explanation??? :please:

A quote by Marie Curie comes to my mind: **Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Now is the time to understand more, so that we may fear less.**
Read more at: url]http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/mariecurie389010.html#8JusAUF5PkUKFuDl.99[/url]

What are we to DO when we encounter situations like this horrible tragedy?:banghead:

IMO it is obvious individuals MUST be held ACCOUNTABLE for their actions.

But, beyond all of that, how do we, as a culture, use what we learn from bearing witness to such horror, to somehow prevent such a thing from happening again in the future? :banghead:

Indeed, how do we prevent it from happening all around us, for that matter, as it seems to be doing if one notices all the other trials and crimes being discussed on this site in addition to this single trial?:banghead:

:please:For me, what is scariest is that without being able to understand JA, it means that: "but, for the grace of a higher power go I."
Whether that , then, means being JA, or being TA, or being TA's sister, or being JA's mother, to me, it is ALL VERY SCARY!!!:please::please::please:

(As an side, if I had to choose, it seems it might be less scary to be TA than to be JA's mother, iykwim? At least HIS suffering is over.{At least I hope so. MOO and all that} How does one come to terms with having brought JA into the world? It's so much easier to simply label JA as a non-human monster, but how does that help her human mother cope? kwim? Makes me glad I haven't children, tell you THAT much. But if everyone were like me, we'd have died out as a species a long time ago.)

If only I could figure out why...:please:
...maybe, then, this whole discussion site would be ever so much easier to move away from, and maybe I could get some stuff done.:fence:
I'm a little obsessive, myself, you may have noticed.:floorlaugh: Or not. Okay. Going to crawl back under my rock now.:twocents:
I think I may have an armchair as well as a couch under there somewhere...
Sorry but i enjoyed reading your post. :) Just had to tell you :)
I never had kids...only cats..well im 27 so i have time but one thing that i know...well i might share some infos here but... after that i got my tumor removed...i coped with...ahhh booze...and ended up getting arrested...my mom REFUSED to bail me out, refused to have me back home...and we are not talking about a murder here...a stupid : drunk in public and giving the finger to the cops...

I hope.. that if i do get kids that none of them will end up in jail for life or in trial for something like this...CLEARLY....Hell my mom would never attend the trial..i know that for a fact...Ok we all freaked out and did some stupid things; jealousy...eating ice cream all night and crying over an ex....but i dont see how her mom can be there all the time and laugh...Your blood ....your own daughter did something so bad and you can still laugh....

I agree with you Moo.

I wish the discussion on this thread would allow honest speculation about why she did this. She did it, and I would like to know why. It is (I hope) a given that her actions are not justified by any motive. So every time someone speculates, please step off of the soap box and don't point out that what she did was wrong. We all agree. Let's encourage discussion of why she did this.

Why she did this is speculation so we are pretty much stuck with it. All discussions are welcome whether we agree with them or not as long as it's not just a way to bash the subject, or some other unrelated matter. You'd be surprised at some of what we might think of as speculation that is really out there turns out to be right on the target. Discussions that don't make much sense to us now might have a whole other meaning down the line.

I also sometimes skim through the posts because I know where it is going and just don't read it. It's all part of putting the puzzle together. Myself, I think the reason she killed him is old as dirt. If she could not have him and what he would provide her with (all the things she wanted out of life and her goals) then he had to go. She feels she already claim him as her's so no one else was going to have those advantages. Happens all the time in domestic murders.

Happy posting. jmo

Couldn't she have done a better job if she had toweled him down and took the towel with her. I wonder if she got sick in that bathroom after seeing all the carnage?

It appears she used the towel in the washer for something containing blood. Toweling him down would not guarantee she removed her DNA. Also, notice in his linen closet, all his towels were white. The towel in the washer was originally white and when blood hits bleach it turns orange. So it appears she did try to clean up or used the towel to drag him on. It does not appear she tried to clean up so it's possible he was using the towel when she stabbed him if he was not shot first. Seems like a perfect opportunity to catch him off guard. I also think if she stabbed him first he could have pushed her and she fell and that could be why there are slash marks across his lower stomach area. jmo

this is the only thing i have found so far
Jodi Arias Trial Day 1 (Audio Only) - YouTube

I was the one who asked :seeya: becuase I really want to read, watch or hear the State's opening. On that video the person said they didn't get the beginning of the feed so only the Defense opening is on the there. I can't find it anywhere on YouTube, or Google except for just a few of Martinez' sentences when I really want to hear the whole thing. How the state is presenting this case.

I've been driving myself mad trying to find even just a transcript of it. :banghead:

I totally understand.. And I am saying in most cases. If we go back in time as cases are untangled, most of the time.. (most) there is at least one person, one friend, one sister, the mom, who can say "I warned him or her" Someone that said they knew this was not a good situation (in this case "his" friends felt he needed to get rid of her)

I don't agree with you but that is just moo.

I thought they were just supposed to be a tool for police.

Police do not generally use them because they cannot be admitted in court. They are generally used for civil reasons. jmo

as an artist, my opinion looking at this pen and ink and comparing it to her pastel portraits on ebay is that she is an artist of minor talent, and that most of her work looks copied. It has that stiff lifeless look to it (kind of like she has herself) and the portraits are definitely copied models and celebrities from magazines. One does not need a lot of talent to copy photographs - all the work has already been done by the photographer- pose, lighting, etc, and the artist just has to draw what she sees and can easily make it look right and proportionate by measuring. Her portrait style is very far from the very loose and expressive figures in the pen and ink "mother and child" -a work which obviously was originally done by someone of more considerable talent. IMO she copied it, or copied parts of it, just as she copies photos. Of course one has to be able to draw fairly well to do this, but it doesn't take a major talent to copy someone else's work.

The first time I looked at her, in the courtroom, I thought she looked blank and empty. Her drawings don't surprise me. Even though she has some base ability to draw, she doesn't seem to have the spark inside of her to create original work - at least not yet. She is young, and could grow as an artist. I suppose if she winds up on death row, she'll have plenty of time for that....

Hi, geslina. I do not consider myself a true artist, but IMOO I am creative; I used to draw cartoons when I was much younger, and for one semester, way back in college days, they let me have my own comic strip in our university newspaper. FWIW, this assessment of yours regarding the artwork of JA resonates very much with my own assessment of her work.

I was the one who asked :seeya: becuase I really want to read, watch or hear the State's opening. On that video the person said they didn't get the beginning of the feed so only the Defense opening is on the there. I can't find it anywhere on YouTube, or Google except for just a few of Martinez' sentences when I really want to hear the whole thing. How the state is presenting this case.

I've been driving myself mad trying to find even just a transcript of it. :banghead:

The whole defense statement has been written out and it's posted on the Recordings and Statement Thread, page 2. Very interesting to read.

Sorry but i enjoyed reading your post. :) Just had to tell you :)
I never had kids...only cats..well im 27 so i have time but one thing that i know...well i might share some infos here but... after that i got my tumor removed...i coped with...ahhh booze...and ended up getting arrested...my mom REFUSED to bail me out, refused to have me back home...and we are not talking about a murder here...a stupid : drunk in public and giving the finger to the cops...

I hope.. that if i do get kids that none of them will end up in jail for life or in trial for something like this...CLEARLY....Hell my mom would never attend the trial..i know that for a fact...Ok we all freaked out and did some stupid things; jealousy...eating ice cream all night and crying over an ex....but i dont see how her mom can be there all the time and laugh...Your blood ....your own daughter did something so bad and you can still laugh....
I don't know her mom at all but I have noticed this too and wondered the same. My goodness as a mother I would be horrified in so many ways I can't count them on both hands! I have wondered if the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree! But like I said, I don't know her mom at all.

The duct tape tight on travis's arm......
The timing of it being there doesn't make sense to me. If it is for workout purpose, he was naked, either just after sex or just waking up. So why would that be on him at that time? It sure doesn't look comfortable either as it looks very tight!

Personally, I don't think it has to do with body building/working out.

I think more likely it is signifying his (re)commitment to chastity, per this explanation:

http://www.reapteam.org/duct-tape

This duct tape on _____'s arm represents that emotional bond that takes place when two people have sex

My apologies to those who have seen me repeat this, I just know it comes up again and not everyone is able to keep up with reading all pages, since these threads move so fast.

Here's audio Mandy, not sure it is from the beginning, as there is no greeting; just kind of starts up.

[video=youtube;Ip7EN8uoD-Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7EN8uoD-Q[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members