Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as her allegation he was abusive, controlling, demeaning and called her the S word, the W word.

Is there any corroboration at all such as verified text or e-mail from him speaking to her this way, any eye witness that can say they heard him speak to her this way?

The only thing I have heard his friends say is that TA indicated to them she was a "stalker" (which many of us use that term in a loose way at times to describe someone a bit too needy and clingy) We also use it when we are concerned that might actually be the case.

But that is not a derogatory term, that is more describing a behavior she started to do toward the end. I say that because it appears from all the photos and even her own MySpace photo albums that he did have affection for her at one time, they appear to be a couple in photos, traveling around, he never looked coerced or that he did not want to be there. I can see she had more experience in dating and relationships coming into this one with TA.

This means to me she was more a point in her life where she wanted to be committed and wrap this up in a neat box with a bow. She had several relationships, pretty normal ones and moving in with one gentleman. Nothing out of the ordinary, I would not even call her "loose"...(or him) Its easy to name call but everything with both of them seemed the normal course of life in my 48 year old eyes. He was working, moving up in his work life and discovering Religion. This is NOT a time to ever think you will or should go down a path getting any young man to commit. He did seem to have the attention of the ladies which would mean I would never have gone beyond "friends" with him, but he seemed to just have them as friends, online friends, work friends. She maybe tried to change and mold this into what she wanted at the time and he clearly is not a mean person, he is one of those guys that did not want to hurt someones feelings, I can see that.

In doing that, you often end up with some unfortunate situations of "not on the same page in our relationship" If he was moving on, and wanted her to and she was with a gentleman in Utah, should TA have cut off the physical relationship 110%. YES. Lesson learned a bit too late sadly. And one maybe many people make when they are young (ha ha, and some never seem to be that strong)

My heart is just broken for his sisters. I have two sisters and we are all close, if we had a brother I cannot tell you how enraged we would be that someone took his life.

I wish we could dead bolt the doors of his house and tell him "NO".. don't let her in man, end this. Ugh...I hate the 20/20 thing... hindsight sucks...

I agree with you Moo.

I wish the discussion on this thread would allow honest speculation about why she did this. She did it, and I would like to know why. It is (I hope) a given that her actions are not justified by any motive. So every time someone speculates, please step off of the soap box and don't point out that what she did was wrong. We all agree. Let's encourage discussion of why she did this.

Why she did it has been discussed and it seems obvious she is obsessed with Travis. Perhaps you mean what is wrong with JA because clearly she is not normal.

Just catching up so this is probably way back in the thread by now, but I wanted to clarify that this isn't what's allowed in Arizona. A third person can't legally tape other peoples' calls. That's a whole 'nother ball of wax. I was referring to one party to a phone call recording the call without the other party's knowledge or permission. That's what's allowed in AZ but not in Cali.

I think you misread my first email. I wasn't talking abou AZ or CA. I was talking about a party in TX taping his own calls in TX.

I have never known a man in 48 years that can hide the fact he is controlling or abusive in a relationship. That is his make up, his personality, his flawed character.

Whether it be a work associate, a client, a friends husband or significant other. Spend 1 our with him alone or in a group and that personality comes out.

I would really challenge anyone that says that "kind" of personality and behavior can easily be hidden from the entire outside world, and only comes out when alone with a woman.

To that I would say, you are not a good judge of character, or you are young and don't have experience with people and men. Not a criticism, but I am always open to being told that maybe I just did not see it. But everyone not see it? No way

The duct tape tight on travis's arm......
The timing of it being there doesn't make sense to me. If it is for workout purpose, he was naked, either just after sex or just waking up. So why would that be on him at that time? It sure doesn't look comfortable either as it looks very tight!

Good day everyone. Just logged on to catch up on the discussion and see that there is discussion going on about the duct tape being on Travis' arm. Please point me in the right direction to see this. I've had questions all through this case about the duct tape and would love to see where it was used.

Why did JA bother to drag TA's dead body into the shower? Why not just leave him where he was and get the he// out?

Agree. Juan exudes confidence. You just know that when he speaks, he will make a point and hit his target. And wow, can that man think on his feet. He's just amazing. What skill and talent.

The defense, esp Nurmi, does not sound confident in comparison. It's a drag having to listen to and watch them struggle to formulate their thoughts. I hate the friendly exchanges Nurmi tries to make, as though they matter one iota. To me, he just wastes time. Then it takes both of them 5 minutes to ask a question that Juan could have spit out in 10 seconds.

However, if Juan gets to cross examine JA, I will be fascinated by the style he chooses to do it. If he gets hostilely aggressive and attacks her it could backfire if even one member of the jury has some compassion for her. I read about how many want him to chew her up and spit her out, but I don't think that would be a good approach in general, maybe just at certain points as warranted.

I really think she has to testify unless there are explicit emails depicting a pattern of abuse with great detail, the chances of which are slim to none, IMO. (And if there are such emails, I doubt they will be admitted.). But if there was abuse, (be it emotional, physical, whatever), no one else is going to know it or come forward about it. (And yes, I'm aware that no one here believes TA was in any way abusive. But an impartial juror will be waiting to hear what the other side offers as a narrative to substantiate her 'self-defense' claim.)

I haven't seen it discussed here, but I heard somewhere (don't recall where), that her defense will be some sort of PTSD trigger response thing.

I really wish they would work out a LWOP plea deal.

Nurmi did not want to defend her. How can you? Of course he is thinking slowly. What in the heck could anyone come up with. It's like a fifth grade basketball team playing an NBA. What can possibly be done?

That is why I say that this should be ended. There is nothing to be gained but more pain and misery for the innocent survivors of this slaughter

Why did JA bother to drag TA's dead body into the shower? Why not just leave him where he was and get the he// out?

I'm thinking she was concerned her prints were on him. Heck as far as we know maybe she just wanted to tidy him up a bit!

Nurmi did not want to defend her. How can you? Of course he is thinking slowly. What in the heck could anyone come up with. It's like a fifth grade basketball team playing an NBA. What can possibly be done?

That is why I say that this should be ended. There is nothing to be gained but more pain and misery for the innocent survivors of this slaughter

Lolol!! Love the basketball analogy!!! PERFECT!!!

She washed the body, so I'm guessing she may have been trying to destroy forensic evidence linking her to TA.

I have never known a man in 48 years that can hide the fact he is controlling or abusive in a relationship. That is his make up, his personality, his flawed character.

Whether it be a work associate, a client, a friends husband or significant other. Spend 1 our with him alone or in a group and that personality comes out.

I would really challenge anyone that says that "kind" of personality and behavior can easily be hidden from the entire outside world, and only comes out when alone with a woman.

To that I would say, you are not a good judge of character, or you are young and don't have experience with people and men. Not a criticism, but I am always open to being told that maybe I just did not see it. But everyone not see it? No way

There are some men that are controlling and abusive in only one relationship with a woman and never with any other woman they are involved in. imo

I think you misread my first email. I wasn't talking abou AZ or CA. I was talking about a party in TX taping his own calls in TX.

I just mentioned az and cali because I thought that the context of your post was the recorded calls in this case. Afaik, third-party recordings (true "wiretapping") aren't generally legal in any state.

This part is what made me think you were referring to a third person taping calls of other people:

We had a client who had taped 100s of hours of calls from his golf pro to co-workers, neighbors and people from church, etc, etc.

that might be true, but he would behave a certain way, even if not abusive, his personality would have certain attributes that made it not a huge stretch to think he was controlling or a filthy name caller...

There are some men that are controlling and abusive in only one relationship with a woman and never with any other woman they are involved in. imo

And if you polled 20 of his friends, men and women, 85% of them would not be shocked to know he was abusive.

Well the trial should be interesting this week if the defense calls their "domestic abuse experts".

Can Juan counter with his own expert in his rebuttal? OR will Juan just blow away the defense experts with his cross examination?

I just mentioned az and cali because I thought that the context of your post was the recorded calls in this case. Afaik, third-party recordings (true "wiretapping") aren't generally legal in any state.

This part is what made me think you were referring to a third person taping calls of other people:

We had a client who had taped 100s of hours of calls from his golf pro to co-workers, neighbors and people from church, etc, etc.

No worries. There was no third party, I was listening to one on one convos he had previously taped to determine which ones we needed since nothing was labeled. My apologies if I wasn't clear enough ;)

I remember reading that she is 5' 6". Maybe just me but petite is 5' 2" or shorter.
This is probably taller than the average american woman.:moo:

She is 5'6" and very strong. It wouldn't be much of a chore dragging a man down a hallway. I'm 5'2" and manage to move very heavy items.

Good day everyone. Just logged on to catch up on the discussion and see that there is discussion going on about the duct tape being on Travis' arm. Please point me in the right direction to see this. I've had questions all through this case about the duct tape and would love to see where it was used.

Pg 19 #454
http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slideshows/273021/slide_273021_1985280_free.jpg?1358207747782
Hope this copy paste works...I'm trying to do it from my cell

She is 5'6" and very strong. It wouldn't be much of a chore dragging a man down a hallway. I'm 5'2" and manage to move very heavy items.

I'm 5'3", hubby is 5'11". While my weight is a secret, he weighs 180. I weigh much less. In an emergency I could absolutely drag him, even lift him if need be. If he were wet and it were tile flooring, piece of cake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966