Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, next week Jodi is probably going to turn into Snow White and the Domestic Violence Expert (Volene...lol) will explain why a perfectly sane woman was forced to slaughter a man in the shower. :shakehead:

Please send me healing vibes. Been down w a fever all day and I need to be totally well on Monday. Thanks!

In my experience, diagnoses are made through symptomology and observation and gut instinct. JA has demonstrated through her many interviews and statements her total lack of conscience. Lack of remorse is key as her behavior seems to indicate justification for killing TA. Evil? Yes. Dangerous? Yes. Sociopathic tendencies? Absolutely. Is all of this speculative? Sure. I think we are just trying to figure out what kind of person would commit this kind of savage, heinous murder and wrap our heads around it.

True. What's the one most obvious and pervasive trait that everyone has remarked on?

Think about the cold, completely unemotional way in which she killed after having sex and taking shower pics -- going from intimacy to brutal violence in the blink of an eye; immediately trotting off to Utah to grind away with Ryan; sitting on the knowledge she killed Travis for FIVE days, and betraying NOTHING to anyone around her; conducting lengthy interviews with Flores and talking about trivial, irrelevant crap without ever showing so much as a glimmer of sadness, pain or regret about Travis' brutal slaying.

Complete lack of empathy IMO, and that is the prominent feature of psychopaths

On HLN now I can not believe I missed where Jodi walked in Lisa Andrews Diadoni home when Travis was there.. Did I hear that correct?

Iirc it was said her door alarm sounded...this was after tire slashing

I don't think they did MMPI, not that I have seen.

She was not tested for insanity or competence to stand trial (unless I missed something), and there was never an insanity justification or allegation that she lacked competence to stand trial. Her cognitive functioning was tested to make sure she was eligible for death penalty.

Funny thing......iirc, Ted Bundy and Casey Anthony were given an MMPI and both PASSED IT! :floorlaugh:

it is not that her art is bad per se... just that it is not Picasso iykwim

ITA - It is "academic" to put it nicely… Like high school. She gives all her celebrities (herself included in her mind) Barbie nose jobs.

I'm sure her attorney's would have loved to have found the avenue of "murder by reason of insanity" to get JA off the DP.

From what I understand about Arizona's laws regarding the subject (and a cursory glance at Clark v. Arizona), even if she was adjudicated as schizophrenic, she could still be found culpable for the crime and sentenced to death. It seems that the only factor Arizona looks at is whether the defendant knew what they were doing at the time they committed the crime, and whether or not they knew it was wrong.

:twocents:

I think this is a requirement in death penalty cases.

didn't here first set of attys do this when she was still claiming a ninja attack? and the made a break for it about the time when she presented the forged letters?

you know, why must there be a reason for her behavior? Maybe she is just evil. Lots of people with the problems mentioned don't become killers - but just as someone can be born without arms or legs, so can they be born with no conscience. I see her smiling while she lies her way thru interviews - she is just another evil ***** who wanted something she couldn't have.

are we allowed to say ***** here?

As long as we spell it correctly -- just like you did above! Using asterisks!!

Welcome, geslina!

Wow, half of us seem to be sick. Has somebody been coughing on us?

Well, next week Jodi is probably going to turn into Snow White and the Domestic Violence Expert (Volene...lol) will explain why a perfectly sane woman was forced to slaughter a man in the shower. :shakehead:

Volene sounds delusional IMO if she thinks she's going to sell that to anyone!

Well if these two calls lasted just shy of one hour and were placed to Jodi....I think it is safe to say they were not break-up calls.

There is no way to know what type of calls they were. It appears that Travis did not answer her 4 calls the next day. Travis could have been telling Jodi that it was over, he was done, during the first call. During that first call Jodi could have said she was going to kill herself and then hung up on him. Travis, being the kind of guy he is, could have called her back to talk her out of it and try to make her see why it was a bad idea for them to be together. Then again Travis could have called Jodi because he was wanting phone sex. Again, we don't know. One person that knows is dead, thanks to Jodi, and the other person has every reason to lie since they are trying to stay off of death row.

MOO

The next phone call to Travis, in the listed calls that were testified to, was 6/4/08 at 11:37 pm. This is around 6 hours after she killed him. There are no calls listed from Travis to Jodi on 6/3/08. Only two calls were listed for 6/2/08 from Travis to Jodi.

6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 seconds/= 16.85 minutes
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 seconds/= 40.83 minutes

Where are you finding these calls listed?

The next phone call to Travis, in the listed calls that were testified to, was 6/4/08 at 11:37 pm. This is around 6 hours after she killed him. There are no calls listed from Travis to Jodi on 6/3/08. Only two calls were listed for 6/2/08 from Travis to Jodi.

6/2/08 3:04 am 1011 seconds/= 16.85 minutes
6/2/08 3:21 am 2450 seconds/= 40.83 minutes

Thank you! and to the rest of the posters here too, very informative!! :rocker:

I am kind of behind, started watching/reading on Trial Day 7, am hooked now..
Some of the questions asked by Jurors made me wonder If some may need a motive even though it is not necessary.
The psycho analysis is interesting on what type of person JA really is.. which prompted my 'dyed hair' questions.. apologize in advance if this has been discussed ;)

OT: I wanted to thank all of you for caring. As a homicide "survivor", it is comforting to know that perfect strangers far and wide, care enough to voice their thoughts and opinions about justice for the "survivors". It is like the pain that is felt by those going through this can be somewhat dissipated onto everyone here's shoulders. And believe me it is painful, and it is always there. IMO, if the families knew the depth of your caring and support, they too would thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member