Trial Catch-Phrases /Bloopers,Baezisms and just plain funny MERGED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe JB said that dogs shouldn't be allowed to testify "in a death penalty case" which is even funnier (to me) because it implies they should be allowed to testify in any other type of case.

Special recess

Dogs shouldn't be allowed to testify.

Objection! Overruled! (both said by JB to himself)

Do not answer the question until I tell you to.

Judge: <modsnip>

May I approach?

How about the great garbage vs trash debate and JB's reaction? Something like, "oh, we're back to that again!"

Judge Perry addressing the jury:

"Anyone allergic to seafood? No? Good. We have a surprise for you Friday night."

Some surprise! Whoops! lol
I love me some Judge Perry!
:cupcake:

From earlier today: "You cannot use a shield to turn it into a sword."

paraphrase as I dont recall word for word

baez: so the adipocere could form from chicken fat?

vass: I am not sure, about chicken

baez: because you are not a chemist!

vass *flatly*: because I havent looked at chicken fat :|

lol this is so funny. I love Dr. Vass, I think he enjoyed playing cat & mouse with Baez:)

What sticks in my mind is Dr. Arpad Vass´ likeable appearance on the witness stand. Such a nice man! He even got a fan page on Facebook after his testimony - much to his surprize, according to his son.
Here are two things he said:

Dr. Vass to Jose Baez: "I don't think you understand what's happening here."

And (about his work at the "Body Farm"): Jose Baez: "It´s your opinion on something that has never been studied?"
Arpad Vass: "Well, fortunately we don´t get a lot of children."

PX00243_91.jpg

Oh I loved that part! He put Baez in his place fast.

This thread is a freaking national treasure! I know where to go now when I need a good laugh! Keep up the excellent work!

Gotta go wipe my eyes now....

HHJP: deaf penalty

HHJP: Miss Anfony

the th/f pronunciation thing usually irritates me but, for some reason, it's cute when HHJP does it

on June 6
JA: remember when your deposition was taken by Mr. Baez
Dr Vass: the inquisition you mean

Any witness to Baez - "I didn't understand your question, could you repeat that?"

from today when the last witness was on

JB "The trace evidence department looks for trace evidence, correct?" while wiping his forehead

HHJP: deaf penalty

HHJP: Miss Anfony

the th/f pronunciation thing usually irritates me but, for some reason, it's cute when HHJP does it

I'm just tickled by the twinkle in his eye, his accent and unique pronunciation of certain words, his intellect, his complete control of the courtroom and his respect and concern for the members of the jury.

Mostly I love his "Mista Baezzzzzzzzz."

An exchange during jury selection:

Judge: Mr. Baez, you look like you have something to say

JB: Yes, your honor but I didn't want to interrupt you

Judge: I would't advise it

Another one from jury selection:

Judge: Mr Baez this has to be a TYPO

Guys this is absolutely hilarious! I am browsing through after work and it has turned out to be the highlight of my day. Someone should publish a book of Baezisms at Trial. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
Thanks so much!!!!

LDB...If I came over there then you would really have something to object about.

When did she say that, to whom and in what context? I know I missed that one. There are some real gems in the depos as well. The only that would make this thread better are the pics of some very interesting faces JA makes at the defense. LDB keeps her head down a lot I noticed but I've caught a few of hers over the course of this case. Gold I tell ya!!! :great:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oma-of-9