Trial Catch-Phrases /Bloopers,Baezisms and just plain funny MERGED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following the trial... and today I turned the tv on and it was too loud so I turned it down quickly and Baez happened to be speaking when it was really loud, and my 9 year old daughter was in the room and she said, "Yeah, Mom I was gonna ask you to turn that down b/c that guy is soooo annoying." I had to laugh.

CM cracked me up two times today...

First at 20:30 of this link:

[The State has]"...failed wholly to rebut the reasonable hypothesis of innocence that is: that there was accidental death and inappropriate efforts by those unidentified, as of yet, to cover up that accidental death."

His "as of yet" is what gets me... why would HHJP end this trial today and acquit her after being given that enticing teaser of what is still to come? And BTW, was the State supposed to rebut the inappropriate efforts of all of the unidentified people BEFORE they are named? I thought the State rebutting was what happened in the defense portion? :waitasec: Unfortunately, it appears the State decided to spend their time pointing out those inappropriate efforts to cover it up by the identified people. Hope that doesn't turn out to be a 'waste, huge waste' ;).

The second time here at about 23:10:

"The cause of death is not only not clear in our case, it doesn't exist in our case."

I'd say if there is a dead victim, there is a cause of death - I think "unclear" is about as far as you can go. :idea:

wth? No way... did he really say that? I wish Murdock would have answered, "Sometimes I am but right now I'm not."
BBM

OK that made me laugh out loud!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I don't have the exact statement. Someone needs to post the talking to myself comment. I'm still chuckling....

JB: "If less people handled the evidence, would there be less chance of contamination?"

Suebert's look of "Well, duh!" was great!

"I by myself'
It is even more funny the 2nd time.

Last time he was on the stand Baez asked him about why he put the evidence in a plastic bag, he said.

"I run out of paperbags"

I wish I could find that.
That's laugh out loud funny!

I know Baez reminds me of someone and I just sussed it

For you guys outside of the UK who are not familiar with Ricky Gervais in 'The Office'.....whaddya think?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL0SOHmAo-w&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪David Brent Smug‬‏[/ame]

Baez: Any hairnets, or anything to prevent your hair from falling on….?

Bloise:
Hairnets, I use a hairnet yes.

Baez: Okay, so you’re in full gear.

Bloise: Yes

Baez: And do you speak while you are doing these things?

Bloise: No.

Baez: Why not?

Bloise: Because I’m by myself. :floorlaugh:

CM to Dr. G as he greeted her before cross examination:

(in a rather condescending manner) "Are you okay?"
I just find that hilarious since she sliced and diced him and left him speechless....

Wish Dr. G could have asked him when she was finished "Are you okay?"

I was going to say the same thing. He was trying to intimadate HER and as your said she left him speechless.

I have that one day and that one day only saved on dvr I watch it quite often. I love the way Dr. G speaks so clear and slow and tells him 100% of the times accidents are reported.. and then to go on even further with the NO reason duct tape should be anywhere on the childs face.

That entire line of questioning has been the high point for me. It was classic and I feel so far it has had a huge impact on the jury.

What sticks in my mind is Dr. Arpad Vass´ likeable appearance on the witness stand. Such a nice man! He even got a fan page on Facebook after his testimony - much to his surprize, according to his son.
Here are two things he said:

Dr. Vass to Jose Baez: "I don't think you understand what's happening here."

And (about his work at the "Body Farm"): Jose Baez: "It´s your opinion on something that has never been studied?"
Arpad Vass: "Well, fortunately we don´t get a lot of children."

PX00243_91.jpg

Thanks wasn't enough--he was such a character. Just hilarious, really, and should have a book or movie about him. :)

Lmao....thanks for posting the vids and exact transcript. I am wiping tears off my face because I didn't notice the first time, right after the "I by myself" exchange, he says he took a picture...."by himself"

As this trial moves along, I have found myself overwhelmed with the tactics being used by various DT players. It is downright disturbing. And consuming.

But this thread has really helped me to laugh during all this. Thank you so much for everyone who has contributed to this thread. I watch all the videos you post, etc. You guys (and girls) are great!

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
BeagleMom

Thanks wasn't enough--he was such a character. Just hilarious, really, and should have a book or movie about him. :)

That photo is hilarious! What was Dr. Vass saying when he was making the claw gesture??

Ashton: So you found a quarter-inch hair on the back of a sticker?...Don't know who it came from?...Don't know how it got there?...Don't know how long it's been there?...Don't know what it means?...No further questions.

JA cross examination

Dr. Huntington- Close...

JB object...allow witness to finish...

Judge...you may finish

Dr. Huntington...Close... ENOUGH!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors