Trial Concerns and Worries

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there a chance that the DT will say it was an accident? Has there ever been any indication that the DT are going to say that the nanny/babysitter was all a figment of Caseys imagination.

Could someone please tell me what ICA stands for, I get the CA = Casey Anthony but what does the I stand for?

Yes, I do believe the DT is going to go with an accident defense. They are going to say ICA lied because she was scared to tell her parents because they had abused her, yadda, yadda, yadda. I wouldn't worry about that, however, as I think the prosecution has a pretty strong case. JMO.

I am concerned and worried about EVERYTHING because I want justice for Caylee and I know what justice for her means

we are all (someone earlier posted this) on a roller coaster going up... think the highest roller coaster in the world... (I think I had ridden one at Cedar Point last summer)..

tink...tink...tink tink... tink tink... tink tink tink... tink tink tink... tink tink tink tink tink tink... tttttiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnkkkkkkkktttttttttttttttt as it hesitates right before plummeting down the longest and fastest hill ever... Yes I agree with this analogy. We are on the climb and tomorrow is the first phase of the plummet...

My only worry or concern is that justice will not be served. That is my only concern right now.. (and that is a huge one... and truly it rests on this jury) So I guess my biggest worry is with the jury seeing what we have all seen... I pray the state can paint the picture...

I am not worried what the DT has to say.. that is just noise... imhoo...

Yes, I do believe the DT is going to go with an accident defense. They are going to say ICA lied because she was scared to tell her parents because they had abused her, yadda, yadda, yadda. I wouldn't worry about that, however, as I think the prosecution has a pretty strong case. JMO.
do you really think they will go with the accident defense? why not plead to a lesser charge then and then using mitigating circumsctances (that they claim they have) to get the sentence reduced???

I don't think this is the way they will go.. however that being said... they are so inexperienced and flippant who knows what the H they will do tomorrow. It will be interesting and I will not miss it for one second. (to see what ICA's next lie is about why her daughter was missing, found dead, forensics, etc... NO WAY TO EXPLAIN AWAY ALL THE EVIDENCE IN THAT TRUNK!!!!!)

Thank you, been trawling the internet all day because I'm seeing a few people talk about the defense saying it was an accident, I thought I'd missed something along the way.

So is there a chance that the DT will say it was an accident? Has there ever been any indication that the DT are going to say that the nanny/babysitter was all a figment of Caseys imagination.

That is the big question. What in the world is the defense going to say in the opening arguments. I don't think we've really had a clear indication. Except that it looks like they will use childhood abuse/past trauma as a reason that she was evasive and didn't go to her parents or the authorities for help after Caylee's disappearance.

I could imagine that it's possible there really is another side to the story than what we've heard, and I pray that is the case. It would be a wonderful thing if Caylee was not killed by her own mom. Even better of course if Caylee was not murdered at all but died in an innocent accident (but Casey was in such shock she didn't act rationally and felt she had to hide the fact that an accident had occurred, for fear of her parents or something along those lines.) I always wondered from the beginning what if there was some simple, very tragic misunderstanding, for example, what if Casey at first thought that her parents had taken Caylee from her, or that Caylee was with a friend of hers? And then realized way too late neither her family or friends had Caylee? Something along these lines. Or did some associate of Casey's harm Caylee and Casey helped him cover up? You know, all those kind of things. However, I fear the defense may not really have anything. What if they couldn't find out enough from Casey to have much to offer. What if Casey doesn't know any more than what she told law enforcement. What if she was kookoo or drugged or delirious from lack of sleep or loopy from the secondhand smoke at Tony's apartment or Lord knows what and really thought she left Caylee with a sitter at Sawgrass, and she doesn't know any more than that? etc. Of course the worst is also possible, that she actually killed Caylee. Personally in that case I would think she would have acted differently, made up better stories for police, reported the disappearance herself, put the body in a different location, removed the tape from Caylee's face, etc etc. but you never know. My opinion only, of course.

do you really think they will go with the accident defense? why not plead to a lesser charge then and then using mitigating circumsctances (that they claim they have) to get the sentence reduced???

I don't think this is the way they will go.. however that being said... they are so inexperienced and flippant who knows what the H they will do tomorrow. It will be interesting and I will not miss it for one second. (to see what ICA's next lie is about why her daughter was missing, found dead, forensics, etc... NO WAY TO EXPLAIN AWAY ALL THE EVIDENCE IN THAT TRUNK!!!!!)

Yes, I do think they may go with the accident defense, but I could definitely be wrong about that. Whatever they choose to go with, I don't think it will work.

Yes, I do think they may go with the accident defense, but I could definitely be wrong about that. Whatever they choose to go with, I don't think it will work.
ITA ... going with it and thinking it will work or it working are all different things entirely..

I still wonder why.. if they plan to go with accident... why they wouldn't have pleaded that.. and had the trial to mitigate their factors to reduce the sentence.

If she is charged even with AG murder (that charge is on the table) than she could get the max sentence.

(((oh yeah.. I forgot Baez is her atty.. nevermind))))

I'm worried Caylee will not get justice.

I have been praying since December 08 that she will.

God knows her family seems to have abandoned seeking justice for her a loooooong time ago.

I was just reading the how to''s of attending the trial and about lining up at 5:30 am for passes first come first served. Are the Anthony's going to have to line up too?

Besides the obvious, a mistrial or not guilty verdict what is your biggest concern about the trial? Mine is that the state has SOOOO much evidence that they will confuse the jury or the jury will not be able to see the clear picture. I think its going to be hard to put the past 3 years together in a way that want be confusing, because to tell you the truth I still get confused sometimes. I just hope that the jury walks away understanding the basis, the 31 days, the smell in the car,the lies, the cover up, that she was found so close to home after Casey said "I feel shes close to home" all the really big things that make Casey look so guilty.

This is one thing I've been thinking about that concerns me: I'm afraid that when the State starts questioning George and Cindy, that they may have to get a little firm with them... and I'm afraid that the jury (most of them not knowing what we know about Cindy & George) will feel sympathy for Cindy & George and may resent the state for what they see as possibly badgering the grieving grandparents.

Long...

As far as the home videos of Caylee... I have never looked at those and found them creepy or odd. I actually thought the pictures and video may be a huge part of the defense... I couldn't figure out why everyone else had such a different opinion.... until last night.

I went back and watched several of the videos I have of my kids and in almost NONE do you hear the voice of the person recording.

There are exceptions like when we are trying to prompt the child to say something specific or asking them a question. But even when the child talks to us while we are filming, we will gesture or smile instead of talking. We are being quiet so that you can hear the child talking.

Example:

1.) In the breakfast video of Caylee. When the person filming gets down on the ground and Caylee looks over smiling. I can see myself doing that and smiling to get the child to smile... without having to speak and have my voice on the video. Caylee is talking in the video and I wouldn't want to talk over it. When she put her arms up I actually thought she might be singing, not wanting to be picked up.

2.) In the one of her dancing in the pink outfit in the living room... you can tell in the beginning the person filming is also dancing to get Caylee to dance. I would do that, rather than talking so that my voice wasn't on the video.

I don't recall off the top of my head any interaction WITH Caylee and Casey I have seen that struck me as unusual. A lot of the pictures are obviously very scripted and posed... but so are 99% of my in laws.

Casey actually has more photos of herself and Caylee which appear to show a genuine relationship... than *I* do with my kids. Because I simply hate having my own picture taken. (Photographer hates having her picture taken... ironic, I know.)

The first 5 pictures in this heartbreaking video especially... appear very relaxed and genuine to me. Casey appears genuine... dare I say that. :waitasec: Those first 5 pictures absolutely kill me. :( I completely understand Jesse saying this Casey isn't the Casey he knew. Even I see two entirely different people. :waitasec:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VXgki_YulE[/ame]

I really don't think there is a lot in the pictures and video with Caylee that is going to hurt the defense. It will depend on the jury, but it wouldn't affect me in a negative way if I was on the jury.

These pictures would make me want to believe she is innocent. I bet that is what the defense is hoping for.

It is the AFTER Caylee was gone that is not normal to me. I am also aware that photographs can be deceiving. I just don't see any that truly stand out... other than being "fake" which I see everyday.

Worries

1. 17 jurors and alternates may not be enough to end up with 12 at the end.
2. Casey will fire all her attorneys tomorrow at 8:00 AM. There will be a continuance while new counsel familiarizes itself with the case.
3. Demonstrators will stand up in court and say or show things that might lead the judge thinking the jury has been prejudiced.
4. It's a trial in the American judicial system...anything can happen any time.

Long...

As far as the home videos of Caylee... I have never looked at those and found them creepy or odd. I actually thought the pictures and video may be a huge part of the defense... I couldn't figure out why everyone else had such a different opinion.... until last night.

I went back and watched several of the videos I have of my kids and in almost NONE do you hear the voice of the person recording.

There are exceptions like when we are trying to prompt the child to say something specific or asking them a question. But even when the child talks to us while we are filming, we will gesture or smile instead of talking. We are being quiet so that you can hear the child talking.

Example:

1.) In the breakfast video of Caylee. When the person filming gets down on the ground and Caylee looks over smiling. I can see myself doing that and smiling to get the child to smile... without having to speak and have my voice on the video. Caylee is talking in the video and I wouldn't want to talk over it. When she put her arms up I actually thought she might be singing, not wanting to be picked up.

2.) In the one of her dancing in the pink outfit in the living room... you can tell in the beginning the person filming is also dancing to get Caylee to dance. I would do that, rather than talking so that my voice wasn't on the video.

I don't recall off the top of my head any interaction WITH Caylee and Casey I have seen that struck me as unusual. A lot of the pictures are obviously very scripted and posed... but so are 99% of my in laws.

Casey actually has more photos of herself and Caylee which appear to show a genuine relationship... than *I* do with my kids. Because I simply hate having my own picture taken. (Photographer hates having her picture taken... ironic, I know.)

The first 5 pictures in this heartbreaking video especially... appear very relaxed and genuine to me. Casey appears genuine... dare I say that. :waitasec: Those first 5 pictures absolutely kill me. :( I completely understand Jesse saying this Casey isn't the Casey he knew. Even I see two entirely different people. :waitasec:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VXgki_YulE

I really don't think there is a lot in the pictures and video with Caylee that is going to hurt the defense. It will depend on the jury, but it wouldn't affect me in a negative way if I was on the jury.

These pictures would make me want to believe she is innocent. I bet that is what the defense is hoping for.

It is the AFTER Caylee was gone that is not normal to me. I am also aware that photographs can be deceiving. I just don't see any that truly stand out... other than being "fake" which I see everyday.

She may have been happy during the photos but it could have been because she was still able to fool her parents into thinking she had a job and have them watch Caylee while she went out. Her group of friends at the time enjoyed their time with Caylee as well, Jesse loved her it was accepted.

Things went downhill when her lies began to crumble, her stealing increased and she had a new set of friends who all liked to hang out - smoke - hang at the apartment and this was at a key time when Cindy was pushing HER to FINALLY take care of Caylee.

She may have been all fine and dandy playing the mother while she really didn't have to carry the burden and then when things were falling apart, she was too selfish to ACTUALLY live out that false image and instead her anger, her arrogance and her bitterness allowed her to justify removal of her child. For it would hurt Cindy far more than KC.

I was a young mother at 16 and I remember how my mother would watch my son so that I COULD go out with friends mostly because she loved me and my son and didn't want me to regret him or blame him and become bitter. I of course loved my son and eventually hanging with friends wasn't important. I could see how in a person like KC who often had to lie to make people like her - how being forced into that corner would have such a horrible effect.

She did this. NO doubt. She was able to put it out of her mind - except for the cold sweats at night at Tony's place.

MO

I haven't seen a topic related to this- if so, I'm sure there will be a merge.
But I'm just wondering what [if anything] has made you uneasy regarding this trial- thus far. 2 things for me: The 'mystery hair found on the duct tape'= Juror # 1319. Your thoughts?

The only worries I see are for KC because it is OVVVVVVA. IT is over for her. It really is.

My biggest fear at this point is that the trial isn't going to start tomorrow. I swear I'm as nervous as a cat right now. I fear that Baez & company will do something to delay it.

Besides the obvious, a mistrial or not guilty verdict what is your biggest concern about the trial? Mine is that the state has SOOOO much evidence that they will confuse the jury or the jury will not be able to see the clear picture. I think its going to be hard to put the past 3 years together in a way that want be confusing, because to tell you the truth I still get confused sometimes. I just hope that the jury walks away understanding the basis, the 31 days, the smell in the car,the lies, the cover up, that she was found so close to home after Casey said "I feel shes close to home" all the really big things that make Casey look so guilty.

I never thought her saying she is close to home was such a big deal. But now that I know what a liar she is and how she intermingles the truth and lies, it is very important.

My biggest fear at this point is that the trial isn't going to start tomorrow. I swear I'm as nervous as a cat right now. I fear that Baez & company will do something to delay it.

Nothing will be done to delay it. They are not even up on their cases with Perry. It is obvious the man knows every case and inevitably they are at a loss when he says are you familiar with..... even the new lawyers have to say uhhhhh, no, but I am sure......

Ok, I'm going to ask this here because I didn't want to start new thread when "trial concerns and worries" seems like the perfect place to ask. (and if there is indeed a better place to ask things like this, feel free to redirect me, I'm still learning the ropes here)

Is there seriously a chance that Casey will walk free? Or at this point is it pretty much matter of the DP or life in prison?

Can you imagine what trying to live in the free world would be like for Casey, hated and despised as she is? I still can't believe that people feel sorry for her and send her money, all this consideration for "poor Casey". This isn't about Casey, it's about Caylee. Casey didn't think of poor Caylee, now did she?

I'm not worried about the state's case because I think they are just so good that they will lay it out for the jurors perfectly. JA, LDB and FG are great at what they do and I have the utmost confidence in them.

What I am worried about is who else will get thrown under the bus by Baez and company in their desperation to save ICA. And I hope the jury sees from the defense team what we have seen so that they distrust them, too. I just hope the jurors don't relate well the the DT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3