Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But they took it as evidence. Doesn't it have to mean something to the case?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they took it as evidence. Doesn't it have to mean something to the case?

According to the following link:"Property may be temporarily held as evidence by the district attorney, even though it is rightfully yours and was not used illegally. "

"For example, the district attorney may hold your coat as evidence, if they believe that it will identify you as the person who committed a crime."

and
"A release is a short letter from the district attorney stating that she does not need the property as evidence. You can obtain a release directly from the district attorney while your criminal case is pending or when it is over."
"If you are denied a release, you are entitled to a written explanation of why your property is being held and review of an unfavorable decision by a supervising district attorney. "

To me, this also means that they might have thought it was connected to the crime at the time they seized it, but it might not really be connected at all, and if no one is asking for it back, LE will eventually release it when the trial is over. JMO, though.

http://www.legal-aid.org/en/ineedhelp/ineedhelp/criminalproblem/faq/howdoigetmystuffback.aspx

According to the following link:"Property may be temporarily held as evidence by the district attorney, even though it is rightfully yours and was not used illegally. "

"For example, the district attorney may hold your coat as evidence, if they believe that it will identify you as the person who committed a crime."

and
"A release is a short letter from the district attorney stating that she does not need the property as evidence. You can obtain a release directly from the district attorney while your criminal case is pending or when it is over."
"If you are denied a release, you are entitled to a written explanation of why your property is being held and review of an unfavorable decision by a supervising district attorney. "

To me, this also means that they might have thought it was connected to the crime at the time they seized it, but it might not really be connected at all, and if no one is asking for it back, LE will eventually release it when the trial is over. JMO, though.

http://www.legal-aid.org/en/ineedhelp/ineedhelp/criminalproblem/faq/howdoigetmystuffback.aspx

Well, they gave them back the guns. I wonder if they were asking for them.

Just stopping by to check on HE and all of my websleuth peeps. I can't wait until the trial. I hope that TE and the family get answers but I certainly wouldn't bet my paycheck on TM or SM giving up easy. I hope it's televised or at least has a live feed somewhere.

I am hoping that LE has enough solid evidence to successfully prosecute. Keeping fingers crossed through this trial. Hoping they have something that we are not aware of and will seal the case.

http://www.myhorrynews.com/crime_and_courts/article_4ff8c542-8d0f-11e4-a93d-0f6e1e1e178b.html

The Horry County Solicitor’s Office set an all-time record for resolving murder cases in 2014, but even with that achievement the county’s list of pending murder charges continues to hover at close to 50, according to information provided by the Solicitor’s Office.

While the American Bar Association recommends a full caseload to be 150 cases, Richardson’s staff of 15 attorneys juggles an average of 560 cases each. The national average is 375 cases.

The problem here is murders are being added to the list as fast as they’re being taken off, maybe faster. [snip] “I feel like there’s a lot more shooting and murders here in the last few months,” Richardson said. “I attribute that to drugs and gangs.” Richardson planned to meet Friday with several S.C. Senate and House members hoping to convince them that the county needs state help to tackle the escalating murder rate.

http://m.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_6ec80e5e-a0da-11e4-8c69-2383785868d1.html?mode=jqm

State troopers closed Secondary Highway 814 near Socastee for a few hours Friday evening and early Saturday morning at the request of the 15th Circuit Solicitor’s Office.

Cpl. Sonny Collins with the S.C. Highway Patrol said Tuesday the request to close the road came from the solicitor’s office.

“They asked us to shut the road down with what they were doing,” Collins said. “They asked us to close it down for their folks to do some work.”

Solicitor Jimmy Richardson confirmed that his office requested that the road be temporarily closed, adding that it was connected to the Sidney and Tammy Moorer murder trial. Richardson said he couldn’t discuss specifics.

“I can say that was us. It was on the Moorer case, but the specifics of it I really can’t get into,” Richardson said.

Hmm, that's... very interesting.

Yes... Very interesting....

I would think LE would not disclose the case that was "driving" this road closure...

But I am glad they did....

All.... JMO...

PTFan, is it possible they were checking the septic tanks you mentioned recently?

PTFan, is it possible they were checking the septic tanks you mentioned recently?

I doubt it. They'd probably do that during the day and could even do so less obviously.

On a side note, the Grand Strand Water Authority came to my house last week and did a "smoke test" of our septic system. Didn't knock or anything. Just did what they did and left.

Checking in and catching up. Do you think someone is talking to avoid an embarrassing trail? Someone like TM.

Do you guys really think they would've put Heathers body so close to their house?

Maybe they wanted to keep her close? Or maybe they ran out of time?

I doubt it. They'd probably do that during the day and could even do so less obviously.

On a side note, the Grand Strand Water Authority came to my house last week and did a "smoke test" of our septic system. Didn't knock or anything. Just did what they did and left.

I see. Agreed.

BBM: This statement in itself is contradictory. Up just chillin with the grown kids all night when we have to work in a couple of hours. I don't think so. JMO

Agreed! I thought the same thing... the statement "we were up all night" followed by "we all go to work early in the morning" doesn't make a dang bit of sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member