Trial date set for Sidney and Tammy Moorer #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys really think they would've put Heathers body so close to their house?

Maybe they wanted to keep her close? Or maybe they ran out of time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't be surprised. I recall reading how they acted when the searchers were close to their property in one of the searches, the taunting and foul language. It's the one place they would be able to keep a close eye on. Or like you said they ran out of time.

The driveway sounds like a good hiding spot. Wasn't it just freshly paved? That would make the most sense. Could cadaver dogs hit on the scent of a dead body even if they are under concrete?

Ugh.....

There's some study by the FBI or someone in an official capacity that has statistics around this, but IIRC many killers dispose of their victims within a relatively small amount of mileage. Don't remember if it was within 5 miles or something more like 20 miles, but it was relatively small. Driving around with a body onboard is not something killers generally want to maximize. (Though I suppose it must be said that there are exceptions to every generality and some odd/strange killers will do that.)

I can see them disposing of her close to home, considering they have kids that are home schooled and family living in a compound. They had just returned from a trip so they couldn't very well go on another one and it was close to Christmas.

I wonder if they decided to start doing whatever they are doing at dark in case they find anything. They would have the cover of darkness.

I wonder if they decided to start doing whatever they are doing at dark in case they find anything. They would have the cover of darkness.

That's what I'm thinking too... the fact that they not only closed the road but did whatever these investigation activities consisted of at night... leads me to believe they wanted zero eyes on it.

But the bigger question is obviously... why now? Did they receive some sort of tip recently? Did one of them talk as part of a potential plea deal (unlikely IMO)? Did one of them slip up and possibly incriminate themselves by saying something suspicious over the phone or thru a letter, etc? Just more questions...

Or could it be as simple as closing the road in the evening causes less disturbance for vehicular traffic than during the day?

Could be either or both. I just worry we are going to be kept in the dark with any findings. But then again maybe once Heather is found, the gag order can be relaxed? Eh, I doubt it....

If there's something in the way of evidence, we'll learn about it during the trial when it comes in through witness testimony.

What is the exact location on residential camera on Mill Pond Rd.?

I thought I knew but now I'm not so sure.

1.7 miles from the M's is basically the distance to the "Y" at 814 and Mill Pond Rd..

There's some study by the FBI or someone in an official capacity that has statistics around this, but IIRC many killers dispose of their victims within a relatively small amount of mileage. Don't remember if it was within 5 miles or something more like 20 miles, but it was relatively small. Driving around with a body onboard is not something killers generally want to maximize. (Though I suppose it must be said that there are exceptions to every generality and some odd/strange killers will do that.)
I have seen that report or similar. I believe it's a 5 mile radius, but I can't find the report just now.

My map shows a ? on a camera icon on 814, before Mill Pond rd, 1.7 miles from the Moorer's house. 7932-7944 State Highway 814.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zY7j94uiCSsY.kZlIpX4NSGC8

I have referred to your map and the one I made as well.

Using to distance tool again tonight, I came closer to the first or second house near the "Y".

I don't recall ever having the "exact" location. Only 1.7 miles.

The cam location on your map is still inside of where they blocked off the road. Not even sure yet how this plays into it?

Anyone else care to measure distance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members